TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hurricane Irma Florida Parks Updates

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was a bit annoying as most everything in town was closed, even though the storm was at minimum 15-18 hours from arrival, with no direct hit. So I'm fine with anything that was open all day yesterday. Today has been very rainy but as of yet no power loss for me at 4:30 PM, I feel terribly for Naples/Ft Meyers and Tampa that are taking direct hits however.

^ until then, I see y'all have "Mappy"

so at least some good fun, until loss of power!

hugs, and thoughts to stay safe continuing y'all's way.

(I have LOTS of friends in Tampa. .they are all without power at the moment)

We still have power! In fact, KT is face timing and playing the Nintendo Switch with the Crouse girls! There are a few mumbling amongst some meteorologists that the Eye may actually come right over us between 1 and 3am.

IMG_2800.thumb.JPG.b30e1efe5311e2300c88ff3a382f0bb4.JPG

They mentioned our community by name too!

We're good here and even still have power! Yay!

Disney lifted it's "room only" curfew for resort guests at 11am and we know there's another update coming soon.

There will be a lot of plant/tree and minor debris cleanup but I think the Orlando parks will be open by tomorrow for sure!

I'm interested to see if the parks are open tomorrow with all of the power outages. Then again those facilities likely have their own generation but whether or not they have enough generation to fully open a park I have no clue.

Are the power outages in Orlando as widespread as they are up here? I kept power through thee whole storm but there's a massive chunk still without it, and the winds are still to high to begin repairs from what is being reported.

Disney has told their resort guests that parks will open as normal tomorrow!

I understand that there are a lot of people without power (we have some coming to our house for A/C and to charge phones!), but the parks and resorts are fine, and a lot of the cast members that don't have power at home will probably be willing to come to work for power!

Here's the little update I posted this morning:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

I want that green house they're building across the street, fave color

That's just part of the insulation system. It's not actually going to be green. It's still under construction.

Here's the little update I posted this morning:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

I want that green house they're building across the street, fave color

That's just part of the insulation system. It's not actually going to be green. It's still under construction.

Oh, whoops. I guess i should've known given it doesn't even remotely match any of the other houses in the development