TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which of your home park rides do you NOT ride?

Inspired by the current topic in the Great Adventure group, what rides at your home park do you not ride? And why? Whether its because of fear, makes you sick, etc.

I don't like spinning things, so right off the bat, I do not ride:

Swashbuckler (Round Up) - eh, I used to like these rides as a kid. I don't now. Same with Gravitrons.

Tea Cups - No. Just no no no no no. The only ride to actually make me projectile vomit.

Green Lantern - I hate stand ups. Even B&M flyers feel more of "natural" seating position to me. I hate standing on roller coasters. The headbanging/leg numbing forces aren't helping. One of only two roller coasters at my home park I actively avoid.

Twister - I don't know what it is, I have never ridden a top spin. I don't know if I'll hate them but I fear I will. I've found them fun to watch though.

Dare Devil Dive (Skycoaster) I just have a serious fear of these things and have never ridden one. I don't think I trust the cable will hold me. That and I fear I'll chicken out and won't be able to yank the release thingy.

Parachutes - I rode this as a kid, but haven't ridden it since I started going back to the park a few years ago. It's not that I don't like them, I just never ride them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a "home" park.. at least not one I've been to regularly (ie: multiple times per year).

but at pretty much any park, I will not ride:

Top Spin -- nope, not my thing, and I know it will make me sick.

Disc-o -- never been on one, and have no desire to get on one. Even when in Cedar Point for the 1st time, and seeing they were counting it as a "coaster" was not enough to get me to set foot on it.

Himalaya/Super-himalaya -- been on them, and occasionally ride them, but just not a "fun" ride to me. I prefer to ride the similar circular Matterhorn/Music Express type rides.

Bumper Cars -- again, been on them, and occasionally ride them. Just not a really "fun" ride for me.

I think those are pretty much it. Anything else, I'll typically at least try

I consider Cedar Point my "Home Park", but on any given visit there are a ton of smaller rides I don't ride, just because there are SO many, and not enough time. My main focus is coasters, and my favorite flats. So the following are simply the coasters or rides I ALWAYS AVOID!

Corkscrew - HORRID, HORRID, HORRID, HORRID!!!! Nuff said...

Wilderness Run - I have kids, so I COULD ride it, when I take them, but they don't have interest, and it's mind-numbingly boring (and I have the "credit" already from when I was a kid), so I'll likely never ride it again, except maybe with my 3 year old when he's big enough. Maybe... Probably not even then...

Thunder Canyon - I'm not saying I'll NEVER ride it again... But I haven't ridden it since probably before half the posters on this forum were born, so clearly, it's not a priority to me, and it seems unlikely that' going to change anytime soon! I'm just not into rides that get me wet in my clothes, and not really into changing at amusement parks. I still ride Grand Rapids at MiA though occasionally though... So go figure... *shrugs*

Did I mention Corkscrew?

Other than those, I can't think of anything at CP I WOULDN'T ride, other than maybe Monster (glorified fair ride, not sure I've ever ridden it there to be honest). Heck, even Frog Hoppers can be fun! I just tend to NOT ride much other than my favorite coasters, and flats, when I go. When you've been as much as I have, you just prioritize what you like the most, and take the rest of the park in stride (and always make time to relax and enjoy a brewski at some point during the day!)

At Thorpe Park I will ride pretty much everything when I go as a group with friends/family however when its just a normal visit I will not bother with the kids rides and the flying fish because I look stupid and Tidal Wave because its soaking wet!

My home park is SFDK. I typically avoid Kong (Vekoma SLC), for obvious reasons. Every couple of years or give it a whirl. I mean, it does look nice, and I seem to forget how awful it is. I usually remember and fill with regret about halfway down the first drop. That ride is awful! I also avoid Boomerang (our Vekoma...well...boomerang). I rode it once on my first visit to the park in 2006. I have no desire to ride it again.

I typically don't get to everything at my home park (Waldameer) because I can just drop by on my lunch break get a couple of rides in then head back to work. The ride that I haven't been on in years though is the Tilt-A-Whirl, I'd rather do pretty much any ride in the park besides that. It just hasn't been something that is worth it to wait for even 3 minutes.

My home park is SFDK. I typically avoid Kong (Vekoma SLC), for obvious reasons. Every couple of years or give it a whirl. I mean, it does look nice, and I seem to forget how awful it is. I usually remember and fill with regret about halfway down the first drop. That ride is awful! I also avoid Boomerang (our Vekoma...well...boomerang). I rode it once on my first visit to the park in 2006. I have no desire to ride it again.

And I try to convince you to ride Kong, and occasionally you do and admit, "That wasn't so bad."

My current home park is KI, but it's still fairly "new" to me, so I'm willing to ride just about anything, although I generally avoid Vortex. I think the only non-upcharge, non-kiddie rides I haven't been on are Zephyr (the smaller swings), and the splash-down water ride.

My long-time home park is/was SFDK. I've been on every non-upcharge ride multiple times in all my years visiting. Typically:

-I ride the SLC but almost never the Boomerang (except on a recent trip with a first-timer).

-I generally don't ride the splash-down water boat ride. If it's hot enough that I want to get wet, I don't feel like waiting in the long lines it usually gets.

-I've only been on Tsunami Soaker, the splash-battle ride, once since it was added in 2014.

-Never ride the Scrambler, and rarely ride Monkey Business (teacups-style) and Thrilla Gorilla (Himalayan-type) if they are even open.

-Nothing up-charge.

-Don't ride the two kiddie coasters, small train, or most other small kids rides. Although, I will occasionally hop on a smaller ride (like the hot-air balloons) if I'm by myself and a bit bored, or when I hung out with scooterdoug's kids.

-I NEVER, ever ride Joker, our new-for-2016 RMC. Just kidding, that's like the only thing I ride now.

I have yet to ride the Berserker at Kings Dominion or the Bourbon Street Fireball at Six Flags America.

Berserker is a higher priority for me, it looks to be a dying breed of ride, while Larson Super Loops continue to spread.

Forgot about the Larson Loop. And Hammerhead. I hate anything that holds me on my head for a long time.

At Canobie, I won't ride the Pirate Ship since those rides are guaranteed to make me sick. The Xtreme Frisbee and Wipeout can also make me queasy but the former is usually closed and the latter is the best of its type so I try and suck it up towards the end of the day.

Here's are the rides I don't ride at my park

1. Buccaneer Battle (Splash Battle)- It replaced what was my favorite coaster at the park Déjà Vu and hardly anyone rides it so there's never a line. Hopefully it gets removed for a thrill ride some day.

2. Dare Devil Dive (Skycoaster)- I don't care about upcharge attractions.

3. Go Karts- Same reason as Dare Devil Dive. But unlike DDD this one really needs to either removed or relocated to another section of the park.

People are whimps. If anyone wants to be scarred for life, ride the teacups with me and Brit. Nobody teacups like we teacup. If you can walk off the ride without holding on to things (including nearby teacups which just spin when you grab them, making matters even worse) you're doing it wrong.

:lol: People are whimps. If anyone wants to be scarred for life, ride the teacups with me and Brit. Nobody teacups like we teacup. If you can walk off the ride without holding on to things (including nearby teacups which just spin when you grab them, making matters even worse) you're doing it wrong.

Nobody, hmm? That sounds like a challenge!

As far as rides at the home park; none, anymore. Lake Compounce is the home park for me and I used to skip their flyers, but as of this year, they're actually not terrible! Not great, but given that there's never a line... There's really nothing I wouldn't want to ride there anymore.

:lol: People are whimps. If anyone wants to be scarred for life, ride the teacups with me and Brit. Nobody teacups like we teacup. If you can walk off the ride without holding on to things (including nearby teacups which just spin when you grab them, making matters even worse) you're doing it wrong.

That's the way to teacup. It's a guilty pleasure of mine to ride some of the ones meant for kids since those cups spin so much easier like the ones at Dollywood or even the Zamperla Samba Balloons.

Though it is possible to tea cup too hard.