TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mountains, Moonshine and Coasters

^ I hear you. Me and a friend of mine got some wings in Erie a few months ago and while the sauce was very good, they breaded the wings, which I wasn't prepared for given the area in which we live.

It was kind of like eating KFC wings dredged in hot sauce. It was okay, but it just didn't taste right.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jcoaster, what a great TR! I was just in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg the first week of August for the first time. We did 3 days at Dollywood and a day at the Ripley's aquarium/walking the shops of Gatlinburg as well. Did you see that massive octopus? It was unbelievably active when we were there, I've never seen one SO BIG and it was swimming (sucking?) its way all over the tank. I got some cool video clips of it. Usually at aquariums the octopus is in a little corner but this was amazing. I also loved this massive Japanese craps that looked like they could kill me with looks alone haha.

We also hit up Hillbilly Golf (HIGHLY recommend) and Professor Hacker's golf (crappiest course ever and not in a good way) plus ate at Mellow Mushroom pizza right next to where you got the moonshine. That rocking chair area at Mushroom/Moonshine was packed with folks listening to some folk band playing on the little stage, it was nice to see. What we were so surprised about is just how much there is to do in the area! I want to do some research on ziplines for one of our next trips down there - which we are already planning! We didn't go up any of the chairlifts or hiking trails this time since it was a mostly DW centered trip, but do want to visit Clingman's Dome on our next trip. It was great to read your TR with all your wonderful pictures so I have an idea of what to expect. What a neat place.