TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Tiny Planet" - Like them or not?

Do you like Tiny Planet Photos?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Tiny Planet Photos?

• Yes I love them!
    • I'm totally indifferent to them.

They're kinda cool and certainly unique. But personally I'm more of a fan of the standard photo. With these, the coasters get all distorted and the track layouts are all wonky looking.

I wouldn't mind if these sort of photos were used. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd stick to ordinary photos.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care for them. I'm an old school nerd and I like the standard photo of a roller coaster.

Jimmy "If you can get 2 coasters in one shot...through the trees...during the sunset...then I'll give you all my money!" Bo

I think they're pretty cool in small doses, and the first example photo with Wildfire looks great. They'd get worn out quickly in a big trip report, but assuming that they're never going to replace standard quality photos, I wouldn't mind seeing this style occasionally sprinkled in on TPR's Instagram.

If they are involving coasters? Yes, I love them! Those shots were great, especially the first two. The track on Patriot takes up a lot of the third picture, but is still cool to be able to see all the way to the Immelman from that angle.

If they are involving coasters? Yes, I love them! Those shots were great, especially the first two. The track on Patriot takes up a lot of the third picture, but is still cool to be able to see all the way to the Immelman from that angle.

For me the third one was more about the cool shadow that the camera picked up!

I'm kinda indifferent to them. They can work sometimes, the first picture of Wildfire is close to being really cool if the restraints hadn't taken up so much of the picture. The other two didn't really catch my interest much... So IMO, for it to work, it needs to be an exceptionally good shot!

I voted "indifferent". On rare occasion I'll think something is an interesting shot (that Wildfire shot is actually kind of cool), but by an large, I'm just not a fan of fish-eye lenses. I feel it's too easy for the effect to become distracting in either photos or videos.

I haven't really paid attention to this style out in the wild, FYI. My thoughts: I like them well enough, especially the first example, but I'd also figure they're a gimmicky trend that could get old quicker than quick. I feel vaguely nauseated when watching inversions sometimes, and these photos have that effect ("disorienting" is a good word). I'd say to use sparingly, or just quit if you're not feeling it!

I enjoy seeing them, but only occasionally. I like the Wildfire one because it shows off the scenery and setting of the coaster. The other ones are good, but there is something about them I don't like as much, not sure what it is though.