TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2018 Summer Trip tips

Instead of going around in every parks forum and asking for tips, I thought I'd make one big forum about it. We plan on hitting Six Flags America, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Cedar Point and Six Flags Great America.

Well that's at least what I want to do. My friends are stupid and would rather fly straight onto Cincinnati (were meeting a friend in Lexington, Kentucky). I think flying is just a stupid pain in the ass and I'd rather drive the 14 hours down there and hit SFA and KD on the way. We'll have Cedar Fair and Six Flags passes so we'd really only need gas money.

This will be happening the 2nd or 1st week of July. If it's the 1st week, with the 4th of July and all I expect massive crowds at these parks. If it's the 2nd week what type of crowds would we need to expect. We're planning on splitting a day between KD and SFA if we plan to go that route. We won't be credit whoring we just wanna ride the good stuff. Kings Island were planning for just one day, with CP and SFGAm were planning for 2 if needed.

What's a good plan of attack for each Park? Obviously CP will be harder to predict because of RMC Mean Streak but at least give me sort of an idea on how to go at the place.

All tips will be greatly appreciated! I'd also like to hear what you guys would think on flying to Cincinnati as opposed to KD and SFA. I definitely want to do the second route souly because of I305, everything else is just gravy. Once again, all tips will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying requires a rental car to get between the Midwestern parks. Renting a car itself requires someone to be at least 25, have full coverage car insurance that covers rentals, and have a credit card for a security deposit. If your group doesn't have someone who can do all that, forget about flying.

Perhaps your friends are merely objecting to going all the way to Virginia. Perhaps you could find parks more in a straight line from where you live to Louisville that could break up your trip. I'm not sure what you've been to and what you haven't, but Hersheypark, Knoebels, Kennywood, and Waldameer are all pretty close to the most direct path. Based on the other parks you want to do, I'd recommend Hersheypark for your group, but if you've not been to one of those others, you may want to give them a try.