TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flashback (2003) photo trip report to Disney World complex

Just to note: For us, I believe it was Space Mountain (both sides) that we definitely were looking forward to,

in the Spring of 1987. We had been to DL and ridden that SM. But this one was The Original, and the ONLY two-tracked

SM in Disney history.....so far. It did not disappoint. Both sides.

absolutely positive we rode Space Mountain (likely both sides). . but don't have any memory or pictures of it.

weird.

(I do have some from my trips to MK with my Hubby, Nick tho):

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is really cool! When Disney has an event, they really go all out. Glad you had a good time there.

Digging all these retro reports. Very cool to see and remember how parks used to be.

keep in mind, this is not an official "Disney" event.

(at least it was not at the time, and I do believe it still is not officially a Disney Sponsored thing). -- can't piss off the Religious folks, you know.

Oh god, yeah, I know that all too well. Not enough for them to be miserable for no good reason, they have to try to force everyone else to be miserable too.

But I had no idea that Gay Days was not official. I remember when I was a kid and that started, there was a boycott that my parents very much participated in. We didn't watch any Disney or Miramax movies for a couple of years, and as we all remember, it bankrupted the company. Good to know this hullabaloo was all over a bunch of people who decided to all go to a theme park on the same day.

but yeah, there are quite a few Cast members who are "family" and they really were thrilled to see us there. We were getting nice comments, winks and nods from Cast Members the whole weekend, even when it was just us walking together. (not to mention a butt grope from Dopey )

. .was great they got to march in the parade, even back in 2003, even if not official event.

Yeah, very cool of them to include the guests. Wait, what?

(not to mention a butt grope from Dopey )

^ ha.. I realized (even back then), that Dopey was probably being played by a young girl. . .

(need them slim and short for Dopey).. . so didn't get too excited.

but yeah, it was fun to experience that, and we got a huge kick out of it.

141104551_usandDopey.thumb.JPG.7ca189cff5c1d4c9651b2142df4597b0.JPG

it was during the taking of this pic:

1328375303_menDopey.thumb.jpg.7a4ee0e4cad786a40be81db1e10f379c.jpg

so of course, I got a hug pic after. . . we were busy laughing.

it's a memory that stayed with me all these years later :)