TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My Universal Florida and IOA Trip Report

Hey guys. Ive been gone for a week. I was at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure from Sunday to Thursday. I figured id give some insight into what went on.

We arrived in Orlando on Sunday about 2:30, and checked into our motel, a Motel 6 on Hwy 192, in front of Disney World. The hotel was clean, nice, and cheap. 33 a night. You cant beat that. We proceeded to Universal Studios at 3, and was disappointed to find out that it was only open from 9 to 7 the whole time we were there. Nevertheless, we decided to hit Studios to get some rides in.

Sunday:

The lines were short! We went on Shrek and liked it a lot. The moving chairs were fun and the story was great, you HAVE to catch the dirty little lines. Hehe. Afterwards, we rode Back To The Future, which wasnt as bumpy as I expected it to be. It was fun, except for the fact if you look to your left or right you may see other cars. Next, we rode Men In Black about 5 times, with my average score being about 300,000 without the bonus. Im too much of a dork. We then rode Jaws, which isnt scary but a respite from walking. Then we hit Twister and ate dinner at

Richters Burger. The burgers were very good and Billy pointed out the many hot chicks that happen to work at Universal.

Monday:

We went back to Universal Studios to ride Revenge Of The Mummy., after hearing the many good things about it. There were no lines there. It was amazing. The queue line is amazing, very well themed. The crew was ultra funny as they hid behind posts and scared people, and as we got on the ride and prepared to ride off, the crew would say, "Thank you for your souls." To which I would reply, "See you in Hades." Awesome. I wont give spoilers for those who havent ridden it, but the coaster part is VERY awesome, as well as certain special effects. Monday, we rode it 17 times. Oh, we also hit up Earthquake, MIB about 5 more times, and Back To The Future twice. We ate at Finnegans, which was very good.

Tuesday:

Islands Of Adventure time. Again, no wait time. So we went straight to Dueling Dragons. Ill be honest. Ive never ridden a looping roller coaster before. *yes, I WAS a wuss* This ride changed me. I got on Ice, and it blew me away. I got on Fire, and it blew me away even more. We were so thrilled we rode Fire and Ice a combined 35 times that day. The ride crew, we got along very well. I didnt see Lisa or Jeff though from this site. I asked for you two! Other than that, we rode the Hulk twice. We LOVEDapp we rode Jurassic Park and Spiderman, which were very fun. I dont even remember where we ate. So sue me.

Wednesday:

No wait time. You know why? CAUSE IT WAS RAINING. Pouring down and soggy and completely terrible. We rode Dueling Dragons like 5 times. It was cold, wet and the water and wind whipped our faces around. So we went to Universal and rode Revenge of the Mummy about 3 times and Men in Black about 5. The wait times were bad for both because of course they are indoor attractions and it was RAINING. So we did single riders and still had a wait. We left early, around 3, and ate McDonalds and watched Law and Order at the motel. We are only 20, and lazy, so what do you expect.

Thursday:

Beautiful bright sunny day, with a load of wait times. We rode Dragons about 5 times, then waited in line for Hulk and everything else for a long time. It was fine though, as everything was fun. I must talk about Mythos resturant though. MY GOD. The atmosphere. The service. the food. Unbelieveable, i wont go into details and if you want them just tell me, but Robb is right. Un freaking believeable. The best food ive ever had, ever.

I dont feel like typing anymore so if you have any questions tell me!

Edited by EpcotLova

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we did. A lot of times. My friend had a funny shirt that said something about people with small brains shouldnt be walking around. He was bald, I had perky brown hair and dressed punky. We rode in the back a lot. You may have seen me, im sure!

I do remember talking a lot with one guy, he wears a black hat, really cool under his "work" hat, hes really hyper and jumps around a lot, i cant remember his name, but everytime we came back to ride he was like, "Youre banned from riding this." it was great.

Yup.. last day was yesterday *sniff*.. but I did get a few cool pictures I'll post in a second.

Tuesday.. I was there. I was on the Ice side all day.. actually.. Dave (Psyhcopuppet) and I were both on the Ice side all afternoon so I'm sure we ran into you! I do remember people that kept riding and riding so I'm sure one was prob you.

Glad you had a great time though. Definately be glad you came last week and not the next few weeks. Have fun with that Dave!

Eric

Ok, whats with everyone liking MIB sooooo much? To me, it was utterly BORING!!! The theming in the que line was great, but the ride, in my opinion, sucked. So perhaps someone could tell me why everyone loves it soo much? I remember i was so disapointed when i got off. I was like "We waited 45 minutes for that? What a let down!" Anyway, it would be great to hear other peoples opinions.

Rob "very confused" D

Since this is one of my favorite rides at the Universal Orlando parks, I must defend it.

The ride is a shoot em' up ride, with spinning and great themeing. Its a fun ride-you get to shoot aliens and see what kind of score you get, and low scores keep one wanting to come back time and time again to improve their score. My average score now seems to be in the 300,000 range, and I would love to further improve it. Shooting things gets your anger out, and lets you have a lot of fun.

Sure, the lines may get long, but thats what Universal Express and the single riders line is for. There was a 40 min wait during last Wednesday's rainy day, but we were on the ride in less than 3 minutes using the single riders line. Riding is as a family or with a friend is no big deal. After the ride you can compare points.

What can I say im a MIB freak.

^^ See, and I can't understand why people don't LOVE it!

To me it's the PERFECT dark ride. It's got guest interation, which I think makes the difference between an average dark ride and an AWESOME dark ride.

The gun system seems to work REALLY well too. Although I will say that my biggest 'gripe' with the game system is that I didn't do very well the first few times I rode it, and I didn't get any feedback as to why. But once you figure out that shooting targets higher up, farther away, etc, it becomes a LOT more fun.

One thing to know about the ride, though is NEVER stand in line for it! Yeah, it's not worth a 45 minute wait...NO dark ride is worth that wait, IMO. But it's got one of the BEST single rider lines EVER! Since each car is two rows of three, and they load four cars at a time, it seems that almost every other car needs a single rider. So we've seen the normal line be well over an hour, and only have to wait 5 minutes in the single rider line.

Another thing I like about it is the subject matter. While MiB wasn't the greatest of movies, it really was a "fun" movie. Thus, it's a really "fun" theme to the ride. Goofy alien creatures tied around a funky premise. And you get to shoot stuff, and spin, and shoot more stuff!

I dunno, I just really love the ride. It's something I look forward to every visit to USO.

But again, I can totally see why after waiting 45 minutes you'd go "huh?" Try it next time with single riders, go round and round a few times, and maybe you'll see what all the fuss is about.

--Robb

Glad to hear that Motel 6 is decent - we booked a room there for this weekend (since most of the town seems to be friggin' sold out or WAY overpriced). We just needed to get down there to shoot some pick-up shots for our video submission (after that, we need to get our hands on some editing software, learn how to use it, and get the thing edited together - sure we can't push the submission deadline back to 2006?).

Oh, and MIB rules. Not best ride in the parks, but always great fun.

I have to agree with MIB being a great ride. I just got back yesterday and I think over a two day period I rode it something like 25 times. It has a great re-ridability factor. Not only are you trying to improve your score, but you are trying to getr the suit. (My car only got it four times out of all the rides I took.) And there are some great visuals that you simply cannot take in on one ride. All that being said, the single rider line is the only way to go. If you only wait 5-10 min. each time you ride then you really feel as if you've gotten a good trade on the time you spent waiting.