Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 13 - Holiday World Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:53 pm

coasterbill wrote:I'd love to give it a shot when it's running a little better and see what all the hype is about with that thing because after our ride this year we totally weren't getting it.

Yep, totally agree with you. We has some first time Raven riders with us and I had told them how great of a ride it was dropping into the darkness at night, and then I rode it and I was all "oh, nevermind...but wait until you get on those water coasters!" :P

I hope it gets some love too. It would be like turning up to Knoebels one day and find that Phoenix is unrideable.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tanthonyam » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:12 am

What are those cables set up in front of the International Street fountain at KI?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 am

^They were setting up for some stunt show stuff.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Perilous Chris » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks for the trip report. I really enjoyed it!

I'm curious as to how you liked Thunderbird in comparison to the other wing coasters. While the wing coasters have not been my favorite, I found Thunderbird to be a bit more enjoyable.

Regardless of how the wood coasters are running, Holiday World will always be a park I will visit while in the area. I had a great time, both times I've been.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 am

I'm curious if after doing it this trip, which one you preferred in the end, the evening/ next morning days or full day style? I'm normally an opening to closing guy, especially in parks where I can buy q-bots/fast pass but in my trips to some of the Asian waterparks/Tokyo Disney parks and other Japanese parks, I do end up sitting around in the afternoons when it's packed waiting for fastpass times to come up or crowds to empty out/hit the evening shows.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:47 am

^We were just talking about this the other day.

I prefer this method of night before, next morning/early afternoon. I also had several people on the trip come up to me and say the same. Here are some of the reasons why:

- Night rides
- Less crowds, better weather at night
- Less crowds, better weather in the morning
- Avoids the peak day crowds
- Avoids the heat of the day
- Visit over two days gives more time for maintenance or ride issues

Really the only negative we ran into is cost. Most of the parks you have to buy a two day ticket and decide whether to buy one or two day 'fast pass' options.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:19 am

Perilous Chris wrote:I'm curious as to how you liked Thunderbird in comparison to the other wing coasters.

I actually really enjoyed Thunderbird quite a lot. The launch is great and I like some of the elements on the ride. I would actually put it above most (if not maybe all) of the other B&M wing coasters.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfriday1998 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Perilous Chris wrote:I'm curious as to how you liked Thunderbird in comparison to the other wing coasters.

I actually really enjoyed Thunderbird quite a lot. The launch is great and I like some of the elements on the ride. I would actually put it above most (if not maybe all) of the other B&M wing coasters.

Sweet!
Current coaster count: 72
Top flats: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, New England Sky Screamer, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Top 10 coasters: Superman TR, Wicked Cyclone, Nitro, El Toro, Top Thrill Dragster, Tatsu, Millennium Force, X2, Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Boulder Dash
:airtime:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:23 pm

robbalvey wrote:

:nina:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Will your review of Worlds of Fun be up soon? I really looking forward to it, that is why I ask. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!