Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 20 - St. Louis City Museum!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Thought i was dead after doing the human hamster wheel.

Such an awesome but weird place!!!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:36 am

Everyone needs to experience City Museum at least once in their lives. There really is something new around each corner.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 am

I would love to see Buffalo get something like this!

We do have an outdoor "museum" of sorts called Griffis Sculpture Park that has a lot of very odd-looking metal, steel & cast "art" which you can climb on and in, which is pretty cool. It's all spread out over two locations on hundreds of acres, so you can really get a work-out if you want to explore and see all of the sculptures.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby parkjunkie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 am

City Museum is one of a kind and there isn't anything like it anywhere else. You could spend the entire day there and as you leave, realize there was so much you didn't do. It is painfully fun, you will get some little scrapes and bruises, but I look at it as marks of a hell of a fun time. Great photos and report Robb, and just like you said, photos DO NOT do it justice. Its been about 2 years since I've gone, I need to get back... you would think living here, I'd go more often.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:11 am

Great report! This is atop my list of non-amusement park activities to hit in the US. I hope to make it out that way sometime in the next 2-3 year.

The local children's museum had an adult night earlier this year with a crazy climbing structure/labyrinth but those climbs at the City Museum appear to put that one to shame.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:30 pm

Oh lawdy! That looks like SO much more fun than 'hitting the gym.' I just KNOW I'd have to attempt everything there at least once! Or die trying. :airtime: (My National Shih Tzu Club had its annual show in St. Louis one year, and I was moaning that there was nothing exciting to do in the area. So sad that I didn't know about the museum... :cry: .) Thanks for the incredible pix and videos!

Alice

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GnastyGnoric7 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:37 pm

I really need to get my rear end to St. Louis. The City Museum looks like an epic place.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5aa0eaad4726c9c20252cb701744a4a8.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Man! I really want to take my kids there! Maybe next year as part of our trip out to Branson and Silver Dollar City! :b
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Philrad71 wrote:I would love to see Buffalo get something like this!

City Museum is a "one-of-a-kind." I don't think we'll ever see anything quite like it built anyplace else.

Look! It's something so dark I can't make it out!

Postby DailyBugle_JL » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:39 pm

I always get super claustrophobic looking at pics of this museum. You couldnt pay me enough. Having a mini panic attack right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!