TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: My "Judge For Yourself" Trip to SFGAm/Mt. Olympus!

Great reports and pictures! Sooooo happy you did have a good time at Mt. Olympus. I think it really helped that you went in with a good attitude. And thank you for reminding me how important that can be... it helped me a great deal at my 2 days at SFMM last week.

Bummed you didn't get to ride Little Dipper. Next time you are in these parts, perhaps one of us locals can show you around... and make sure you get to some hidden gems if you have time. Little Amerricka, Santa's Village...

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll get a chance to visit Little Amerricka and Santa's Village in the near future. I was just pushing for time.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought Hades was great. I expected the worst but it was just as "rough" as any other wooden coaster. The double down before the lift was oddly jerkey, though.

Zues was not running well and was one of the worst, most painful coaster experiences I've ever encountered.

Oh man and Cyclops...

I also thought Hades was great. I expected the worst but it was just as "rough" as any other wooden coaster. The double down before the lift was oddly jerkey, though.

Zues was not running well and was one of the worst, most painful coaster experiences I've ever encountered.

Oh man and Cyclops...

LOL. Well, at least one coaster you rode wasn't that bad. I should have waited for that last row on Cyclops, but I was already rushy. And Hades 360 was rough, but I found it manageable. That tunnel made up for it!

I had one visit to Mt. Olympus several years ago around when Hades was new and at the time I thought that ride was incredible. The tunnel with the 90 degree turn in the dark was one of the coolest coaster moments I'd ever experienced. Overall I had a pretty solid day at that park, it wasn't great but I didn't have any complaints. The water park was solid at the time and I know they've added quite a bit so I'd gladly go back again.

I had one visit to Mt. Olympus several years ago around when Hades was new and at the time I thought that ride was incredible. The tunnel with the 90 degree turn in the dark was one of the coolest coaster moments I'd ever experienced. Overall I had a pretty solid day at that park, it wasn't great but I didn't have any complaints. The water park was solid at the time and I know they've added quite a bit so I'd gladly go back again.

Even though I'm not a big fan of water parks, I will say Mt. Olympus collection is huge! The whole Wisconsin Dells area is full of them!

Yeah, I was at Mt. Olympus yesterday and Hades 360 easily landed on my Top 10 Wooden Coasters. It's rough, but the pitch-black tunnel is probably one of the best parts on any coaster I've ridden. I got to ride Cyclops in the second-to last row and the airtime was crazy. Operations were obviously slow, but they had 2-person operating crews, so I could understand why. I also got to go to Timber Falls to ride Avalanche/Hellcat and I was the only one on.

So what rides are unlimited and which only give 1 ride only on the Platinum Pass? ( I hate that about SF) That's why I prefer Cedar Fair's pass.

Also I am curious as to why SF has not built anymore Wing Coasters??

Yeah, I was at Mt. Olympus yesterday and Hades 360 easily landed on my Top 10 Wooden Coasters. It's rough, but the pitch-black tunnel is probably one of the best parts on any coaster I've ridden. I got to ride Cyclops in the second-to last row and the airtime was crazy. Operations were obviously slow, but they had 2-person operating crews, so I could understand why. I also got to go to Timber Falls to ride Avalanche/Hellcat and I was the only one on.

That tunnel was the best part! It's an experience worth taking in one's lifetime!

So what rides are unlimited and which only give 1 ride only on the Platinum Pass? ( I hate that about SF) That's why I prefer Cedar Fair's pass.

They usually give you a wristband when riding twice with the platinum flash pass, but I didn't receive one when I went to SFGAM. It didn't matter though because I was too busy trying to get all the credits. LOL. 13 out of 14. I think I did good.