Photo TR: Shanghai Disneyland and the Tokyo Disney Resort

P. 7: Tokyo Disneyland Day 4 photos posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: Shanghai Disneyland and the Tokyo Disney Resor

Postby cfc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 am

Still my favorite theme park on the planet!

The truth has been spoken.

Sounds like the "Finding Nemo" makeover has worked out well for the old Stormrider attraction.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 am

Love the additions on Aquatopia! I didn't realize they had done that. KT is dying to know, did you happen to catch any Ocean Sunfish in the Nemo ride, queue, preshow, anything? He's in the movie for about 5 seconds and she's holding out hope that he'll show up!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 am

It was difficult to document inside as the cast try to keep photography and videography to a minimum but I do believe I remember seeing the silhouette of the ocean sunfish on the back wall (I'm not 100% but I believe I pointed it out when we were there). It isn't pictured here but there are silhouettes on both sides of the queue. I also vaguely remember seeing the animated silhouette of one in the preshow... I don't want to promise anything since it has been so many months since I saw it first hand but I do believe she'd be pleasantly surprised one way or another at least in the queue. I don't remember seeing anything like it during the ride though.
IMG_1851.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:24 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 am

Good to know, thanks! He actually was assigned a name in the movie (Charlie BackandForth) so we were hopeful!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby marth555 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 am

I really need to get to these parks one day

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:30 pm

I love your seeking out, and finding those little 'extras' in Disney themeing, as only Disney can do it.

And Oriental Land Co. :mickey:

Great ongoing TR, Adam! Glad to see you had such a great time, there.

(And yes, my last visit there ~2013~ I lamented the extreme lack of original
Japan ToT merchandise, compared to the previous two visits there. Sad,
but at least, the little Shiriki Utundu on a chain is still selling. Got mine in 2011.)
IMG_5558.JPG
Where my Shiriki hangs - constantly staring at me, at my computer.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

These pictures are amazing!! I never even saw the Cape Cod section before, there's too much beauty to keep track of! I recently moved to Japan and live an hour away from TDR, but I haven't gone yet because I'm saving up for an annual passport. This trip report is torture. A few weeks ago I was riding the train home at night and I had to fight the urge to get off at Maihama Station when I heard the small world jingle.
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 am

^I’d tell you to get out to these parks as soon as you can! If you’re going to be living as close as you are, it makes sense to go as much as possible thanks to all of the different events throughout the year... Waiting just means less time to experience it all! ;)
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

p-sychiatrist wrote:These pictures are amazing!! I never even saw the Cape Cod section before....

The Cape Cod "hill" is one of my favourite go-to quiet spots in the park. I'm sure a lot of gp think that
the lighthouse is just theming, and not an actual spot you can go up to, sit down, and just relax for awhile.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:38 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:^I’d tell you to get out to these parks as soon as you can! If you’re going to be living as close as you are, it makes sense to go as much as possible thanks to all of the different events throughout the year... Waiting just means less time to experience it all! ;)

I'll be here for at least 18 months, so I'll be able to make it to all the seasonal events and I definitely don't want to miss out on Easter, Tanabata Days, Pirates Summer, Halloween, or Christmas! Once I get the pass I'll probably be at the resort 2 or 3 times each month :lmao:

just tryin to be a responsible adult and get my finances in order before i splurge 93,000 yen (about $840), at the same time i totally get your argument and might squeeze in a quick visit beforehand ;)

Nrthwnd wrote:The Cape Cod "hill" is one of my favourite go-to quiet spots in the park. I'm sure a lot of gp think that
the lighthouse is just theming, and not an actual spot you can go up to, sit down, and just relax for awhile.

I definitely plan to relax there, especially if it's a busy day!! I'll let you know when I visit!
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!