TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

Part 1 - London, KidZania, Musicals, MORE!

Part 2 - Adventures By Disney River Cruise Embarkation Day!

Part 3 - River Cruise Day Two - Austria Tree Tops Park & Ropes Course!

Part 4 - Salt Mine Slides & Sound of Music Stuff!

Part 5 - Cruising the Danube, Apricot farms, wine tasting, and more!

Part 6 - A visit to Wiener Prater in Vienna, Austria!

Part 7 - A Day in Solvakia!

Part 8 - Final Day! Our Adventure in Budapest!

Part 9 - Adventures by Disney Re-Cap Video!

So we are embarking on doing something we've never done before... An Adventures By Disney vacation! For the most part this will actually be a "non-theme park" Disney vacation, but as you'll see there will be a few surprises along the way so keep posted!

For this first leg, which is the pre-Adventures by Disney part of the trip, we made a short three-day stop over in London for some culture, shows, and Kidzania!

This first part is going to have a TON of photos, but there's some great stuff in here! Don't miss anything! Here goes...

DCediO0UIAACA5J.jpg

And now our next adventure starts!

DChK-8CUMAATrJk.jpg

Royalty and stuff...

DChPob1VoAA0yzo.jpg

Royal horses...

DChQ_SdUwAEbhdA.jpg

Hey look! It's the queen!

DChagEzVYAAHh8D.jpg

Yay! Royal colours and things!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DChoLpCXUAA1jeo.jpg

Kristen is practicing for our upcoming Oktoberfest trip!

DCjIaDFUwAAZWa-.jpg

DCjIaDXUQAAi-Ky.jpg

DCjIaEEUQAAPYu-.jpg

25 years ago my first ever theater musical was Les Miserables in London! Yesterday, Kristen was singing Les Mis songs in her Orlando theater summer camp, and now I'm happy to share that West End experience with her! She LOVES it!!!

DCl9noeUwAAHeW8.jpg

DCl9noeVoAYVU__.jpg

DCl9npHU0AA401o.jpg

DCl9npKUAAAeKUh.jpg

Today we are seeing art and historical stuffs!

DCmAoKQW0AA_vB7.jpg

If you touch the Rosetta Stone, you automatically learn a new language! No installation CD required! It's like magic!

DCmD8auXYAACC34.jpg

Saw Great Wave The British Museum! Super cool but no photos allowed. Spend extra money for a huge exhibit you can't share with anyone. #dumb We've been to loads of big museums over the past few years and have never seen photo restrictions like this. It wasn't that you couldn't take photos of the one piece of art, it was the WHOLE EXHIBIT. And you had to pay extra for it, while you can take as many photos as you'd like around the rest of the museum that is free.

DCmKlYhXYAAjVw9.jpg

DCmKlY7XUAAGEjK.jpg

DCmKlZMXsAIqspS.jpg

DCmKlZjXsAAh6Hd.jpg

All the best parts of Greek mythology!

DCmR2uQVoAAqObI.jpg

DCmR2uOV0AAVm6r.jpg

DCmR2usVoAA7GUZ.jpg

DCmR2usVoAEWekB.jpg

Japanese art & things! Love this! Note: So I can take photos in this FREE exhibit but not the upcharge Japan exhibit???

DCmftvnXYAECZ86.jpg

DCmftvvXUAAq71X.jpg

DCmftvmXsAA1us4.jpg

DCmftvuXkAAq7pV.jpg

The perfect Father's Day lunch! Wagamama! I wish we had more of these in America, but it gives us one more reason to come to UK!

DCmxQusWAAEYi_d.jpg

DCmxQuqXgAEbnzd.jpg

DCmxQu0XsAc7KJl.jpg

London historical touristy stuff? Check!

DCm8E12UMAABgEF.jpg

Just sat down in the front row of Matilda! I love that the front row of the Cambridge Theater is really the very FRONT!!! (No orch pit!)

DCnO0_VV0AAPQE0.jpg

At intermission! The girl playing Matilda (Abbie Vena) is wonderful! Amazing facial expressions! Perfect for the role!

DCnoZ-kVwAE9dTC.jpg

DCnoZ_2UQAE-0mM.jpg

Abbie was amazing as the lead in Matilda! We chatted with her after the show and she was just as lovely off-stage!

IMO live theater is to roller coasters & physical dark rides as movies are to simulators & media-based rides. I prefer roller coasters!

DCq9onvXkAAFhzo.jpg

Ready for another Kidzania day? Kristen is!

DCrAhSKXkAEcS3U.jpg

Hey look! KidZania London uses this awesome RFID wristband system to interact with screens inside the park to track your progress! Awesome!

DCrA8b-XcAMqixK.jpg

DCrA8c1XoAABayu.jpg

DCrA8d1XkAAxOqI.jpg

Kristen is a Kidzania world traveler having now been to KidZania Tokyo, KidZania Dubai and now KidZania London!

DCrDf7jW0AAqBPd.jpg

DCrDf7iWAAENdQn.jpg

DCrDf7pXkAAewgE.jpg

DCrDf8HXYAAxTi5.jpg

As you walk into KidZania London you realize this is a well themed and detailed "edutainment" theme park designed just for kids! We love it!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DCrJw96XcAAwX5X.jpg

DCrJw9-XUAAGxDt.jpg

DCrJw-PXsAAoyEF.jpg

Right now, Kristen is at hospital doing a human organ transplant! 90% chance the patient has survived!

DCrNgMCXsAAny_h.jpg

DCrNgMDW0AA-t9Y.jpg

DCrNgMCW0AA-86O.jpg

DCrNgM8XsAA2MsU.jpg

Here's how the RFID wristband system works. Tap the screen & among other features, tells you exactly where your child is at!

DCrSZ9nUIAADUk7.jpg

DCrSZ9vUMAIeeJ3.jpg

DCrSZ9tUMAAT3et.jpg

Kristen's next job is a radio DJ! I wonder if she has a future at CapitalFM?

DCrW8EaXsAQA_KX.jpg

DCrW8EdWsAEd8KO.jpg

DCrW8EdXsAUiL5W.jpg

DCrW8EfXgAAkAVV.jpg

It's just like the old Tortilla factory at DCA! But better! She gets a whole pack! lol

DCrbUZiXoAE1DIQ.jpg

DCrbUZgWAAQB-La.jpg

DCrbUZiXcAEwg6r.jpg

DCrbUZgXcAETVjR.jpg

Because everyone needs to shop for groceries, KidZania London teaches you both sides of the register!

DCrcJzQXsAAffbv.jpg

I like the Kidzania & Mexico clocks on the wall! Pays homage to both where tortillas and Kidzania comes from!

DCrk62NXYAMnjc2.jpg

Police officer Kristen is keeping the KidZania London citizens safe and in order! Hey, if Judy Hopps can do it!

DCroeZPWAAAocej.jpg

DCroeZPWAAE5gP6.jpg

DCroeaaW0AAw3le.jpg

DCroebuWsAE0iUc.jpg

Next up Kristen takes a job as a television news anchor! KidZania London has a full studio setup! Impressive! She did great!

DCrrUiQXgAAhkDW.jpg

DCrrUiPXcAw1AID.jpg

DCrrUiQXYAAkcNT.jpg

DCrrUiQXUAAiAaY.jpg

The window washing job is kind of hilarious! They actually send kids out to wash the windows in the park! Awesome!

DCrt9fjXoAEGkc_.jpg

DCrt9fgXUAAwR8z.jpg

DCrt9fgXgAM8Xvt.jpg

DCrt9ffW0AAKm6Y.jpg

Kristen tries her hand at fashion design! Apparently unicorns are "in" this year!

DCrxM3BWsAAJt5Z.jpg

DCrxM3AWAAA3pPg.jpg

DCrxM3BWsAE-FX2.jpg

DCrxM2_WAAEjP5-.jpg

When you work to repair air conditioning, the kids crawl through the HVAC system and have to find the exit!

DCrxjYKXsAELFpJ.jpg

DCrxjYPWAAE5cjr.jpg

DCrxjYNXoAEM1iD.jpg

DCrxjYMXcAAPIjA.jpg

Working as a real estate agent, Kristen was sent out to various locations to take measurements and report back to the office.

DCryKZDXoAAfFsE.jpg

DCryKY9W0AAhSGb.jpg

DCryKY_XgAAQSS0.jpg

At the KidZania London theater, the kids learn real parts for an actual show they perform in the theater to an audience! It's fantastic!

DCrziw1XcAAbKiI.jpg

DCrziw0W0AEP5nO.jpg

DCrziw0XUAA26fQ.jpg

DCrziwyXsAA_YuA.jpg

You can see the RFID tracking system at work! Kids tap in/out at job locations and also with photographers for photos!

DCr38caXoAAHmYN.jpg

DCr38caW0AEWfVZ.jpg

DCr38cbXgAAeTew.jpg

For all the hard work the kids do they earn money to spend on stuff in the department store! (Or they can work there, too!)

DCr8ArLW0AACXUY.jpg

DCr8ArGXsAAeGAz.jpg

DCr8ArKXUAEO5-c.jpg

And since the kids earn "real" money they get to do "real" banking also!

DCr-UG3WAAAXGyr.jpg

DCr-UG3XsAAN81E.jpg

DCr-UHAW0AEFj-U.jpg

DCr-UHFWAAAbukj.jpg

Kristen's final job of the day was a newspaper reporter where she had to go do interviews and write an article! Amazing!

DCr_FxXWAAA8-W9.jpg

At end of your visit you use the RFID wristband to select any photos you want to buy. We went for the "all digital" option!

DCsBI--WsAIHBLZ.jpg

DCsBI_XXUAAnyXs.jpg

DCsBI_gW0AAozFv.jpg

Upon leaving KidZania London you have to go through passport control to get back to reality! (Why do we have to leave???)

DCsBjlEWsAA_6R0.jpg

DCsBjlrXkAIZFIl.jpg

DCsBjl3XUAEGA9L.jpg

DCsBjlsXYAASdwn.jpg

Here are some of the KidZania locations around the world! There are two US locations (Dallas & Chicago) in development! Yay!

DCsDDMqWsAAdjyL.jpg

DCsDDMtWAAA46p2.jpg

DCsDDM_WsAItNSW.jpg

Kristen had an AMAZING visit to KidZania London! This is why KidZania is one of our favorite theme park concepts! You need to bring your kids!

DCtGHf8WsAAIiHF.jpg

DCtGHf7W0AIlkRD.jpg

DCtGHf8W0AAHCcA.jpg

Just sat down for Mamma Mia! Another show I can't believe we've never seen but we already know we love it!

19225768_10158947433375370_3012099005724332802_n.jpg.6fc2affccf0ca07c271ab423414394b8.jpgI'm usually not a fan of "jukebox musicals" but this show is just "silly fun" and we've never seen it and we always joke how we either have just missed a run somewhere or haven't been in town when it tours, so tonight we finally crossed it off the list!

DCt4i-rVoAA02rw.jpg

Pro Tip! They do not serve steaks at Victoria Station! #London

DCxTb59XsAEPiUX.jpg

This mini-UK visit is coming to a close. Next stop... Adventures By Disney Danube River Cruise! Follow along for more updates soon!

Click HERE for Part 2 of this report!

Oh yes, be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

(we took the time to write the report, the least you could do is say something nice about it!)

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you had great fun and good weather.

Every time you post Kidzania pictures I am really impressed by the concept.

It looks so awesome. And why clean yourself if you can let your clientele clean for you Window Washer is brilliant.

Such a great city! I especially liked touring the Tower of London and Churchill's Bunker with my brother years ago. And I agree that we need Wagamama in the U.S. now!

Edited by cfc

Looks like you're having a great time in Europe! Every time I see those Kidzania pictures, I want to try it myself! They should also invent an adultszania where adults can try all the different jobs!

We have that here in America. It's called real life. I entered it almost 51 years ago and haven't left yet. It's not as much fun as it appears KidTums is having, but I'm making the best of it.

^

I also like the Kidzania concept - it should be interesting to see how they do here in the states.

I really enjoyed our time in Prague, Budapest and Vienna when we went a few years ago, so I'm really looking forward to this report from from the Danube...and YAY for Oktoberfest trips!

The pictures are amazing, and I envy you got to see so much "culture" stuff in the museum, and in London.

(not to mention the shows).

Kidzania looks neat, but as someone without kiddos I think it wouldn't be a stop for me. . but great that Kristen has a good time, and the concept is very cool.

my biggest take-away (ha!) from the report was this:

DCmftvuXkAAq7pV.jpg

after so many years of hearing comments from friends/relatives/comics about how "awful" the food is in the UK? this looks so damn good. I'll have to go look up the menu at this place, just to see what I'm missing!

can't wait to see the next update.

edit: oooo. . I looked it up, and they have opened a restaurant in Boston, and one in Manhattan!!! (still far away from Texas, but a closer trip than to London). . on my bucket list!

https://www.wagamama.us/

Thanks for sharing!! I look the Kidzania updates and happy to see they have plans to build one in Dallas and Chicago!

I had no idea you guys didn't see Mama Mia yet! Glad you enjoyed it, and hey, its playing on Allure of the Seas now lol!

Can't wait for the rest of the updates!

Looks like you're having a great time in Europe! Every time I see those Kidzania pictures, I want to try it myself! They should also invent an adultszania where adults can try all the different jobs!

I absolutely LOVE the KidZania concept...it's so cool.

The adult version is essentially all the one off experiences you can already do. For example, in Vegas you can drive an exotic car (or NASCAR car at the speedway), fly in a trainer fighter jet, fly in actual boeing flight simulators, shoot just about every weapon imaginable, crush a car with a tank, play with heavy construction equipment....

nice update. Next time you guys plan to go to London give me a shout if your wanting to see any shows, 9 times outta 10 I can get discount or cast rate, As you know i work in the Musical Business my self. Hope you enjoyed the shows any way, always nice to see that you like musicals as well as theme parks

We have done Disney theme park vacations in every location they offer, we've done Disney Cruises, but this is the first time doing an "Adventures by Disney" vacation! What is "Adventures by Disney?" They offer various tours around the world, but with that high level of Disney quality! You can get more info here: https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/

This vacation we are doing is the Danube River Cruise and we will stop at various places in Germany, Austria, Solvakia, and Hungary! For a trip like this one, Disney works with a river cruise operator and charters out the ship, adds some "Disney flair" to it, and all your guides have that Disney quality you are used to from the parks, in fact, some of them even come from the theme parks!

Let's get this trip started, shall we?

Day one was embarkation day, which really just got us familiar with the ship and the itinerary...

DC1OA2OXUAEiq4u.jpg

DC2_LJTXYAAMtFC.jpg

We have just checked in! Our next Disney Adventure starts soon!

DC2YMY2XkAAfp2S.jpg

DC2YMZAWAAAzYMx.jpg

DC2YMZEW0AARrat.jpg

We have just boarded our ship! Time to kick off this Adventures By Disney Danube River Cruise!

DC2bDdXXUAA50sT.jpg

DC2bDdYXgAAmhKh.jpg

DC2bDdZXoAANL4J.jpg

DC2bDdiWsAEdES3.jpg

As soon as you board the ship, everything looks and sounds "Disney!" (Yes, the ship is playing Disney music!)

DC2e88rWAAY680y.jpg

DC2e88uWsAE7FD8.jpg

DC2e88rXoAA2YOh.jpg

DC2e88tXYAAcjHv.jpg

Here's a quick look at the Stateroom! Yes, it's fantastic and yes, it comes with an iMac!

DC2nieHXYAI0N0c.png

For "included" ship WiFi, those speeds are not bad at all!

DC2udaOXUAE4LfA.jpg

DC2udaNXkAAR66S.jpg

DC2udaOW0AAoB-5.jpg

DC2udaPXUAIm18j.jpg

Here is the upper deck of the "Amaviola" ship we are on. It's really nice!

DC2y4lSW0AIiYEm.jpg

DC2y4lTWsAI96YX.jpg

DC2y4lVXUAAHWtU.jpg

DC2y4lTXgAAJbq9.jpg

Our current view!

DC2_LJSXgAIlzZM.jpg

A rose, is a rose, is a rose! The "welcome aboard" orientation on the Amaviola!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DC3UCDdXoAAd0g1.jpg

DC3UCDcXkAA6K8-.jpg

DC3UCDbXcAAxxwI.jpg

Initial dinner on the Amaviola Riverboat! Check out the menus!

DC3fRyrXUAECQbf.jpg

DC3fRytXUAEaYyO.jpg

DC3fRypXoAAP1PV.jpg

Dinner was great! We met our Adventures By Disney guides! This is going to be an AWESOME vacation!

DC37CU_XgAEW51D.jpg

How's THAT for a view??? Embarkation day was a success! The real adventure starts tomorrow!

Click HERE for Part Three of this report!

(we took the time to write the report, the least you could do is say something nice about it!)

Edited by robbalvey

That cruise looks fantastic. I always wanted to do a Disney Cruise or something similar. I will have to take a look at the website soon to see the costs of an adventure at Disney standards but hopefully there could be something more in my price range than the actual cruise ships.

almost wish you'd stopped by Alton Towers to ride The Smiler while in the U.K. just to see the fanboys lose their minds again.

I love river cruises as they are so relaxing. And you have luck with the weather. Somehow I missed what the route is, Passau to Budapest or further? I have a house on the dunabe river close to Belgrade, I should check if it is still standing,lol.

DC58RUVVYAAAdhe.jpg

DC58RUTV0AQ5lhc.jpg

DC58RUVVYAE72gI.jpg

Good morning from the town of Passau, Germany! First official day of our Adventures By Disney Danube River Cruise!

DC6BceGUQAE4YOj.jpg

When vacationing with Disney you are never far away from "characters!"

DC6JZpYW0AATNwr.jpg

DC6JZpaXgAAWn5Y.jpg

DC6JZpUXkAAYoE0.jpg

DC6JZpbXgAAewt9.jpg

Getting a tour of the adorable German town of Passau! It's just like being at Epcot@

DC6K4J4XYAAzkJX.jpg

This is the plague house! "Bring out your dead!"

DC6OBj6WsAA-eWX.jpg

Artwork and things...

DC6PC7oXoAE9cG4.jpg

More of the sights in Passau!

DC6SuafXoAAY4pP.jpg

DC6SuaeXcAAv-PD.jpg

DC6SudBXoAElGYd.jpg

DC6Suc-XoAMRVx9.jpg

Jesus and things...

DC6TuE5XYAAruha.jpg

Elissa has never seen an organ that big before!!!

DC6aWcAXgAATb2D.jpg

We are about to make little marzipan pigs! The sample is on the left. Mine will probably end up looking more like the square block! lol

DC6essRXgAADQtV.jpg

DC6essSWsAE7Pzt.jpg

We are attempting to make marzipan pigs! No promises that they will actually LOOK like pigs! lol

DC6evrJXYAAqOYk.jpg

Here is our family of slightly deformed, mostly dysfunctional marzipan pigs!

DC6y5S6XcAACChj.jpg

Kristen had such a great time exploring Passau with the guides from Adventures By Disney!

DC6zOFaWAAE3pFG.jpg

DC6zOG6XkAAsjoe.jpg

DC6zOHkXoAAVubK.jpg

There has been no shortage of great food so far!

DC657avXYAAPcRh.jpg

Current view from our stateroom...

DC7LEeiXUAAkdCv.jpg

DC7LEesXcAAUfa9.jpg

DC7LEelXgAAA6hi.jpg

We're on a coach to our next excursion! What's on TV? Mickey Mouse of course! This is Adventures By Disney after all! (View is awesome too!)

DC7X1jCWsAE7SWY.jpg

Currently a couple hundred feet above the trees in Austria! What an amazing view!

DC7eClRXkAAaIU1.jpg

DC7eClmXsAAB6B_.jpg

DC7eCloXUAAaWJ6.jpg

DC7eClnXYAQpijU.jpg

This "tree tops" park in Austria is fantastic! Great views and fun activities!

DC7hrvbXUAAxT5_.jpg

This place is a giant maze of paths, tree houses, and look-out towers higher above the trees in Austria!

DC7lYIFWAAAKk0y.jpg

DC7lYGRXYAEbTiB.jpg

DC7lYJ8WsAA7BuC.jpg

DC7lYJ5XkAAzIzL.jpg

This place also has an awesome "never in America" ropes course & playground!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DC8IeJnXgAAY_7t.jpg

We had a really great time exploring the tree tops in Austria today with Adventures By Disney!

Click HERE for Part Four of this report!

Edited by robbalvey

Great report so far! The food looks wonderful and it seems like each day is jam packed with neat activities. One day I think I will try to go on one of these trips. Obviously, you pay a premium when you do Disney anything, but do you think the value is still strong for what you're paying? I know it's early in the trip.