TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most intense brake run?

What are the highest forces on a brake run?

I know while playing NoLimits and other advanced roller coaster simulators you can increase or decrease the g forces of deacceleration. What is the comfortable limit? And what coaster has the highest deacceleration g force? I know many of intamin's coasters have high forces on the brake runs.

Just a question I've had for a while now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that Hypersonic at KD had a really hard, fast stop. Also, while not an end brake run, the sudden, screeching halt into the mid-course brake on Goliath at SFMM was pretty intense. I remember learning to brace for that one....

The hardest brake I think I've experienced is an intamin inpulse, but it might just feel the most intense because you come

to a stop when you are going backwards. Can anybody compare and contrast to this?

When I used to work at Sylvan Beach Amusement Park our little Galaxi Coaster had airbrakes and a hand brake that was used to slow the train down, so if the operator was good it was smooth, but when it rained and you had a full train of adults it would fly thru all of the brakes even if they were closed ahead and we would have to send them around a second time. It would often go thru even the Emergency brake in the station.

^ I agree with Xcelerator at Knott's. I had never ridden it until last Sept. during West Coast Bash. Since it was The Original of it's kind,

and although I had ridden other copies in other countries, this was The Thrill to ride The Original, blah blah.

But - sheesh - that brake run totally shocked me, after that beautiful extra curve of track! My gut hit the seat belt and it was rough!

After that, I knew what was coming, and was ready for it. But at first, I was more than surprised about such an "immediate" break run.

IMG_1994.JPG.442d093fe18a70f849292a1335d48bfd.JPG

West Coast Bash ~ Sept.11, 2016. But - do they know "it's" coming?

Kingda Ka or TTD

400 plus foot drops into a brake. Might not have the all time highest g force, but they're the record for fastest approach into a brake run.

I liked TTD's trains more than KK's, but I like the "little" speed hill on KK, it made for a nicer view of the surrounding area (ie. looking at El Toro) while slowing down.

^ Is it correct, that Xcelerator is the only one of it's kind, that had that extra track, before it's angular brake run?

Then all copies after it, used the back and forth approach, like Stealth in UK and TTD at Cedar Point? The one at Space

World in Japan, Zaturn, it's the same circuit, too.

ZaturnSpaceWorldJapan.jpg.318613327b1832844c7405cc57451e99.jpg

Photo from TPR Thanks!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Among the coasters I've ridden, I'd have to say Scorpion at BGT. I really wouldn't say it's intense, but more an abrupt stoppage on the brake run and in the station afterwards. Of course after having ridden over the years I'm prepared for it. It may not be as bad as some others mentioned, but I likely hadn't been on those to know...lol

^ Is it correct, that Xcelerator is the only one of it's kind, that had that extra track, before it's angular brake run?

Then all copies after it, used the back and forth approach, like Stealth in UK and TTD at Cedar Point? The one at Space

World in Japan, Zaturn, it's the same circuit, too.

Yes. All after Xcelerator are out and back ovals. Kingda Ka does have a hill after the top hat but it's also along the straightaway.