The Alvey's Go To NYC and Do Some Things...

Broadway, Pizza, Cookie Dough, Animals, Retrogames..
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Alvey's Go To NYC and Do Some Things...

Postby cfc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:41 am

I need to see Avenue Q. Hell, even my Mom has seen Avenue Q.

Looks like a great time in a great city.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jbruce » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 am

I was in NY Monday through Wednesday this week for work. I did not get to see any shows this time I wanted to see Anastasia so bad! Glad I have something to look forward to next trip. I enjoyed Kinky boots as well and will have to see Miss Saigon next trip as well!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Blue Turbo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 am

I don't understand how Hamilton tickets have gotten that much more expensive than they were last year. I knew they would go up since they added more seats for the lottery but that is ridiculous. And for the people that want to brag about it, they can't even say they saw it with the original cast anymore. And the whole thing is that the demographic of people that can afford to see the show are not the people that it was trying to target.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:15 am

Great report! Looks like a fantastic time in NYC.

Of course, the highlight of my trip was being able to do a Scott's pizza tour :) I had been wanting to go on one since you guys originally reported years ago. The arcade looks tops. I love Tapper!

Definitely taking note on the cookie dough spot...gotta try that next time I'm in town.
Cincy -> Chicago

I Love Donkeys!

Postby GreatAdventurer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:23 am

Glad you saw st. Patricks its a beautiful landmark of my city although I will say next time you should see st. johns the divine as even if your not a cathedral person its an absolute must see in nyc and one of the most stunning structures in the entire city. Its also never been finished and some call it st johns the unfinished, it is the largest cathedral in the country im almost certain. Did you make it to queens at all this time or upper manhattan like inwood/washington heights, there is also lots to do in harlem, morningside heights etc.? queens is awesome as its such a culturally diverse borough you can get top notch korean, greek, Indian food or Cuban food any day in queens its definitely a culinary hotspot. I love Manhattan but living in Westchester ive also come have a huge appreciation for the Bronx, its quite a unique borough. So lively, so unique, the food, the music in the streets Ive come to greatly appreciate every single borough of NYC (though ill admit ive maybe only been to Staten island 4 times maybe even though ive lived here my entire life lol) NYC is great, all 5 boroughs of NYC are spectacular
Last edited by GreatAdventurer on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:31 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/74488e7fab820f9ee7ba271d6b37eba6.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 am

GreatAdventurer wrote:Glad you saw st. Patricks its a beautiful landmark of my city although I will say next time you should see st. johns the divine as even if your not a cathedral person its an absolute must see in nyc and one of the most stunning structures in the entire city.

Yeah I'm not a cathedral person, sorry. In fact I pretty much went in just to make fun of it! lol The atheist in me was very proud of that fact! ;)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:52 am

^ :nina:

Rock on with your blasphemous self!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby GreatAdventurer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:53 am

Well im glad you saw it anyways im quite an atheist myself but I find St. Johns and St. Patricks both very stunning structures but to each their own, glad you enjoyed your visit !
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/74488e7fab820f9ee7ba271d6b37eba6.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:58 am

St. Patricks is cool because it's free, you can be in and out quickly and it's right near Rockefeller Center anyway so usually people just happen to be in the area and pop in while they're there. I've been in there countless times for that reason but never once was it something we actually planned in advance.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby GreatAdventurer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:15 pm

St patricks is awesome your right you can just drop in and leave and its right in the middle of all the action. St Johns the divine is an absolutely magnificent structure and is actually the 4th largest christian church in the world and is located in one of the best neighborhoods in Manhattan, Morningside Heights which is the area some of you may know as the home of Columbia. Id highly recommend a visit not only to st. johns the divine but also a visit to morningside heights which is a truly awesome and perhaps underrated area of Manhattan. The first time I stepped inside st. johns the divine I was absolutely amazed by how vast the place was, st. patricks is amazing in its own right but st johns is even more vast and breathtaking. Im not even religous I just find cathedrals fascinating, a visit to St. Peter's Basilica is near the top of my bucket list right now (a trip to Tokyo disney, dollywood, europa park, Kennywood, tivoli gardens and liseberg are all very high up there on my bucket list too! :mickey: ) Luckily ive made it to many great parks though ie. Knoebels, Cedar Point/disneyland, im glad there are many that I still can look forward to visiting one day and many that I look forward to revisiting after many exciting additions in recent years!
Last edited by GreatAdventurer on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!