The Alvey's Go To NYC and Do Some Things...

Broadway, Pizza, Cookie Dough, Animals, Retrogames..
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Alvey's Go To NYC and Do Some Things...

Postby Evan-500 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 am

Such an awesome report! Bummed you missed Come From Away, such an amazing show!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am

Evan-500 wrote:Such an awesome report! Bummed you missed Come From Away, such an amazing show!!

I didn't miss it. I chose not to see it. It doesn't interest me. I have seen the entire show on a video and nothing about it makes me want to see it. It's fine if YOU like it, and that's great, but please don't tell me how I've missed something because I didn't go see it. Just like I had someone tell me yesterday how I "missed out" seeing Dear Even Hansen, and my response was "Um, no I didn't...." ;)
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 pm.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 am

Great report, glad to hear you liked Kinky Boots, I'm going to see it Saturday.
Let the Riding begin

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby brneff99 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Great TR Robb...loved following on Twitter but the food pics can never be seen enough times...you capture some great stuff in your pics and reviews...

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 pm

I must be odd since I'm a NYer and I always look so forward to your NYC trip reports! You remind me of all the shows I should be seeing, the food I should eating, the exploring I should be doing! I, alas, tend to get up and out primarily if I have out-of-town visitors. (Like Elissa said, there is something special about being able to show your hometown to friends - and in YOUR case, to your daughter!)

Robb, I was so interested to hear your feelings about the Broadhurst Theatre. It is indeed one of Broadway's loveliest old theaters and the perfect example of what Broadway used to be in its Golden Age. (The days when people got "dressed up" to go the The Theatre!)

2 quick questions -
1) Was that Jing Fong where you had your dim sum? (Great hustle bustle atmosphere with any authentic Chinese dishes you might crave!)
2) Do you and family have a favorite among the Scott's Pizzas Tour offerings?

Thanks again for taking the time to put together such a great report. Your enthusiasm for the city always shines through! :b

Alice
PS. Am not always on Twitter, so I only just saw your Report.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:46 pm

ObeyTheShihTzu! wrote:2 quick questions -
1) Was that Jing Fong where you had your dim sum? (Great hustle bustle atmosphere with any authentic Chinese dishes you might crave!)

It was.
ObeyTheShihTzu! wrote:2) Do you and family have a favorite among the Scott's Pizzas Tour offerings?

Lombardi's for sure!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Oh man I want to go back to NYC and just watch broadway shows for a week. As much as I love musicals, I have never seen a show at Broadway. Of course I've only been to NYC twice and both visits were short. I need to try the cookie dough place. Why did I look at this report while hungry?

SharkTums wrote:
bert425 wrote:Wow. . what a great trip!

. . . .you should to a TPR trip just for shows! who needs Coney Island? sign me up to spend a week with y'all doing Broadway.

Funny you should mention that. Doing this trip actually made me REALLY want to do a NYC Trip, but the way we would do it and what we would include, it would just be too much money and I fear most of our coaster people wouldn't be interested enough. I mean, we saw a kiddie coaster, could have gone to Coney Island, but chose to do other stuff instead!

I used to live in NYC so I love 'showing it off' to people and now reliving stuff through KT that I did at her age is weird/cool.

Sign me up.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:32 pm

robbalvey wrote:
ObeyTheShihTzu! wrote:2 quick questions -

It was.
ObeyTheShihTzu! wrote:2) Do you and family have a favorite among the Scott's Pizzas Tour offerings?

Lombardi's for sure!

Many thanks! (My friend who married a fellow from Thailand had an anniversary reception at Jing Fong. They are both 'well-schooled' in Chinese food and, wow, did we guests feast that night! It became our dim sum 'go-to' for me and friends.)

Lombardi's! Alrighty then! That's my next pizza spot to indulge my guests (as well as impress old local friends who need a kick in the pants to try something new)! :lmao:

THANKS!

Alice

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:42 pm

This might be my favorite Photo TR every posted on TPR and it doesn't include a single roller coaster...

Great stuff! The pizza, cupcakes, do, and shows are just never ending and amazing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cardinalfan828 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Nice pictures! I was there in NYC a few weeks ago with my dad after visiting Great Adventure, Hershey, and Dorney for the first time. We saw Chicago at the Ambassador theatre, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best one to see as father and son but whatever. We more or less just picked one, not investigating into what they actually were (dad said Chicago was about mobsters and sounded and quote unqoute boyish, well we got that one wrong). We got row 2 but on the very right seats, it was pretty interesting to see a musical from this angle with a bit of the behind the scenes stuff.

We also went into that Cathedral more or less "just because" and to pick up a brochure for my grandfather who likes that stuff. Also went around Rockefeller for a bit, I somehow missed the Nintendo store but we did go in the Lego store. Not trying to showboat too hard, but we stayed at the Marriott Marquis located on the right in your "Back in Times Square again!" picture and got a good window view of all of you guys waiting in the tkts line :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!