TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Two Guys, a ‘gull, and a Peninsula of Pleasure

^^ What did you do, Bert? My God, you haven't had the greatest of years either, have you?

I have been having chronic pain (tingling/shooting pain/stiffness) in the back of my neck, shoulders and down into my arms and fingers. Chiropractor helped a little, but I think a lot of it is from sitting at a computer at a desk, attending meetings and talking on the phone for the majority of my job. Uggghh, I need a new job.

yeah, it's been a rough year.

still deep in mourning for Roxxi (but it's not even been 3 weeks). .she was my baby for almost 12 years, and I haven't been able to pick up the food dish, or her blankie/pillow by the bed -- or take the throw sheets off the couch in the Office (tho I took the one off the living room couch and moved it to the office couch too. . . they still smell of her). Donating the food/meds to the kennel almost broke me, so having to take it slow.

and Mom passed back in Jan, and about to get that all riled up again, since picking my Dad up and bringing him here for Thanksgiving. We don't really want to be around him, but I know he's lonely, and want to give my Brother a break, so driving down to Houston to get him (since he can't drive long distance alone at his age). I'm sure it will turn into a few days talking about Mom, since *every* conversation with him goes right to that -- understandably.

as noted somewhere in this thread, my shoulder is messed up with 1) Rotator Cuff tear, 2) arthritis, and 3) diagnosis of "Frozen Shoulder". . . so lots of pain, and I'll just have to deal with it until the shoulder "unlocks". .which typically takes 1-3 years per the Orthapedic Dr.). He doesn't want to do surgery, and he absolutely is against PT, since they will work the arm, and with the shoulder locked, they could cause way more damage to the Rotator Cuff tear. So we're doing just "pain mgmt"

wish chiropractic would help for me, but Dr says no. so just doing Meds, and hot compresses.

hope your back starts to do better Phil. . you've had a tough year too, tho your struggles have had happier outcomes after such trials.

hugs,

bert

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...