Andy's 2017 Coastermania Photo TR

Early June at Cedar Point
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Andy's 2017 Coastermania Photo TR

Postby bert425 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:55 am

Great photos.

(Peeks outside) still looks very familiar. For another hour or so until we head to airport.

I have some comments on your comments. From my perspective as a first time visitor, but will do that when I'm home and on computer instead of phone. LOL

Great pics. I'm sure better than some of the ones I took on my iPhone. Heh
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby bigcwd2000 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:01 am

I love this report. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. I attended Coastermania! as well and had the time of my life. You did a great job capturing everything the boat cruise had to offer and more.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:34 am

As always Andy, your pictures are amazing.

Thanks for taking the time to share them. Someday, some far away day, I will make it up there for Coastermania.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 am

The Great Zo wrote:
3) One part of the Coastermania plan that might need a slight adjustment is to ensure shuttles running from Hotel Breakers in the morning are a little more frequent. Despite being on the second shuttle out, I got into the park a little late for the start of ERT.

Totally agree. We waited about 10 minutes and realized even when the shuttle arrived that there wouldn't be enough space for all those waiting. Either have buses in the morning or open the WindSeeker gate for entrance. We ended up driving around to the main parking lot, doing ERT, and then driving back to the Breakers.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Intaman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:55 am

Awesome trip report per usual Andy! Ever since HWN and Coastermania weekends have aligned, I have chosen HWN over Coastermania. However, with CP capping the attendance (and the boat cruise!), I may have try to do the event again next year (especially with the rebirth of Mean Streak). I share your sentiments about MF. Despite having ridden many top-tier coasters, I still put ol' Millie at the top of my steel list.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 am

I may think about doing Coastermania next year (even if I'd have to take a day off work)
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 am

pianojohn wrote:
The Great Zo wrote:
3) One part of the Coastermania plan that might need a slight adjustment is to ensure shuttles running from Hotel Breakers in the morning are a little more frequent. Despite being on the second shuttle out, I got into the park a little late for the start of ERT.

Totally agree. We waited about 10 minutes and realized even when the shuttle arrived that there wouldn't be enough space for all those waiting. Either have buses in the morning or open the WindSeeker gate for entrance. We ended up driving around to the main parking lot, doing ERT, and then driving back to the Breakers.

What time did y'all get up?

We were up at 5:45 and at front of breakers by 6. First shuttle was full when we got there but 2nd one was right behind it.

We were at front gate and lined up 10 minutes before they started letting folks check in

So weird to have folks at the same place w different experiences. I had a few issues with Breakers. But the shuttle for coastermania (and over to famous daves on Sunday) wasn't one of them
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby dchang11 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Nice work Andy!! Well done!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby JRice92 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Those were some really amazing photos! Glad you had a great time in the park!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn/Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Awesome job, Andy...thank you for sharing the great shots!

I really need to get over to that restaurant across Sandusky Bay to have a beer and just bask in the great view from that angle. We've been to Battery Park and Marblehead, but this looks like another great way to take it in one of the best skylines on the planet.

And I agree about your vote for the best airtime hill at CP, although I love the last two hills on MF too! ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!