Volcano Bay Water Theme Park - Universal Studios Orlando

P. 1 - Volcano Bay Media Day and Grand Opening TR
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Volcano Bay Water Theme Park - Universal Studios Orlando

Postby bobbie68 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am

Garet wrote:They did have Universal Express that let you bypass the reservations and join the slide line directly but not sure if it's stopped until they fix some of the problems.

Hi yes they have stopped selling at on line and at the park. I did purchase them before they stopped and Universal says they will honor any that were purchased prior to stopping. I am not sure when they would go back to selling them. I am going in late July/early August and hoping that it will have some of the kinks worked out.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:32 pm

I'm not a super heavy-set person. I fit on virtually every roller coaster I've wanted to with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I don't even look "heavy-set." But when watching a vlog on YouTube made at Volcano Bay, he noted how he wasn't able to ride Kala and Ta Nui (the blue and green "twisted" body slides in the volcano) because the weight restrictions changed for the slide restricting riders to a max 200lbs weight limit. (It was also updated on their Rider's Guide PDF posted online; page 10) Last I weighed myself (this past weekend), I was at 205lbs...

Like I said, I'm not a super heavy-set person, but seeing as my family is humoring the thought of paying a visit sometime this year, it was a little bit of a wake-up call for me to maybe consider working out more... because I reeeeally want to try the slides and see how intense people claim them to be.

Speaking of which, if any of you have been on it, how was it?
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 am

Unless they have scales at the top of the slide (or at the entrance), I'm not sure how they really enforce that weight policy... I mean, if somebody's even borderline overweight, especially if they're female, I don't see the slide ops being comfortable asking them about their weight, or telling them they can't ride because they're "too fat", essentially. Regarding myself, I weigh about 15 pounds more than said limit, but I don't look that heavy at all, and I'm sure I wouldn't get a second glance from a slide op, especially since I wear swim shirts. As an aside, I really should do the Guess Your Weight/Age booths at parks, because I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to guess correctly on either one of them! :lol: At any rate, I'm really curious about the enforce-ability of this policy, given the sensitive nature of people's weight...
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:04 am

DILinator wrote:Unless they have scales at the top of the slide (or at the entrance), I'm not sure how they really enforce that weight policy...

They have scales at the top of the slide.

Postby DILinator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:26 am

robbalvey wrote:
DILinator wrote:Unless they have scales at the top of the slide (or at the entrance), I'm not sure how they really enforce that weight policy...

They have scales at the top of the slide.

Seriously??? Wow! That's hardcore! :lol:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:46 am

I think most, if not all ProSlide capsule drop slides have them. Deep Water Dive at KK certainly does, and it has a 300lbs weight limit.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby DILinator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:13 am

Midgetman82 wrote:I think most, if not all ProSlide capsule drop slides have them. Deep Water Dive at KK certainly does, and it has a 300lbs weight limit.

See, 300 pounds is reasonable! Obviously somebody of that size is going to have trouble with a capsule drop slide. But 200 pounds??? That's ridiculously low! I mean, perfectly slim people who are tall, and have muscle on them, will tip the scales over 200 pounds! Like I said, I am not very large, but I weigh more than that. I guarantee you I'm not going to get stuck in a waterslide or cause it to break though! :lol: It's just another strange policy at Volcano Bay to me, and one that also hopefully gets rectified over time...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:24 am

Wait, there's really a 200 lb restriction for 2/3 rds of the drop capsule body slides? That's just absurd, I mean you can be in insanely good shape with a reasonable amount of muscle and easily weigh over 200 lbs. Maybe if half the daily attendance can't ride the slide it helps to keep Tapu Tapu return time low hahaha.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Wait, there's really a 200 lb restriction for 2/3 rds of the drop capsule body slides? That's just absurd, I mean you can be in insanely good shape with a reasonable amount of muscle and easily weigh over 200 lbs. Maybe if half the daily attendance can't ride the slide it helps to keep Tapu Tapu return time low hahaha.

200lbs does seem like a ridiculously low weight limit for a water slide. We have a drop capsule slide at Cowabunga Bay here in Vegas and the weight limit is 260lbs. However, Cowabunga Bay does have scales at the top of all the slides, so I don't find that very unusual. But I've never seen a 200lb weight limit on any water slide at the dozen or so waterparks I've visited.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Themonerd » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:56 am

I'm going to volcano bay this Saturday, any advice for which slides to go to first (or put on the tapu tapu)?
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!