Volcano Bay Water Theme Park - Universal Studios Orlando

P. 1 - Volcano Bay Media Day and Grand Opening TR
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Volcano Bay Water Theme Park - Universal Studios Orlando

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun May 28, 2017 4:19 am

I'm really impressed how many little details there are considering how quickly this park was built. The slides all look great, and I think there seems to be a really good use of space meaning the park doesn't appear to be cramped. I'm also happy to see all the food and drink options; this definitely gives the park an edge over similar water parks.

Regarding Tapu Tapu, hopefully a lot of the problems are teething problems (both with the system and also the park in that there are a lot of tech problems), but even if it functions as it should, I am not on board with the idea of having my day essentially planned for me. I like spontaneity and being able to adapt my day depending on my mood. I would want to do the wave pool when I'm in the mood for it, not just because I'm killing time waiting for a slide. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something thrilling, sometimes I just want something calmer. It just seems like such a buzz-kill to have to be a slave to a watch all day.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Sun May 28, 2017 5:35 am

Awesome report! This park looks fabulous
Hope the will fix as soon as possible the issues with the tapu tapu
1- X2 2- Der Schwur des Kärnan 3 - Twisted Colossus 4- Taron 6- Expedition GeForce 6- Shambhala 7- Medusa Steel Coaster 8-Katun

Coaster Counter: 134

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ArgoZ » Sun May 28, 2017 7:01 am

Does this park not have any standby lines? If not, then the solution to Tapu Tapu is simple, add them. Right now a completely reserved system will have capacity issues, unless it's a near empty park. The park wasn't even at full capacity and look what happened. How was this not foreseeable? The only way I see the current system working is to charge substantially higher admission and limiting guests, but that's not going to go over well.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun May 28, 2017 11:45 am

How in the hell is a waterside line, virtual or not, 5 hours long. I can , sadly, understand the water coaster as its a seperate reservation, but how do the other slides even get that long??? Like, is that the longest line for a regular tube slide in the history of theme parks?

Tapu Tapu is so far the worst possible scenario. Can you imagine going to any water park in the world where you are told you can't ride any slide in the whole park for at least two hours? That's not even a thing and somehow they've created this problem.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun May 28, 2017 12:11 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:Tapu Tapu is so far the worst possible scenario. Can you imagine going to any water park in the world where you are told you can't ride any slide in the whole park for at least two hours? That's not even a thing and somehow they've created this problem.

Seriously. It's like Universal was so preoccupied with ripping off Magic Bands they didn't even look at other water parks that have extremely efficient operations, namely Wild Wadi and their Master Blaster queue system. Yeah, it's not for every slide there but the fact that you can sit in a tube for-friggin-ever and constantly slide around the park is wonderful.

As for the insane line length for the coaster slide, how does Holiday World have two immensely popular LIM water coasters with lines that move faster than any I've ever seen? Seriously, I hardly stood in place, just constant movement through the queues. Universal needs to send out some recon teams FAST.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sun May 28, 2017 6:46 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:Isn't Moana Disney?

The word "moana" means "ocean/large body of water" in Maori and Hawaiian.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ArgoZ » Sun May 28, 2017 7:19 pm

^^ It's like Universal was so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should. LOL

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun May 28, 2017 11:42 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:Tapu Tapu is so far the worst possible scenario. Can you imagine going to any water park in the world where you are told you can't ride any slide in the whole park for at least two hours? That's not even a thing and somehow they've created this problem.

In several trip reports, I've read people have not even been able to ride some slides as they have run out of available slots for the day.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:35 am

ArgoZ wrote:^^ It's like Universal was so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

:nina:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Mon May 29, 2017 6:30 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:

In several trip reports, I've read people have not even been able to ride some slides as they have run out of available slots for the day.

As I mentioned earlier, this seems to be a recurring theme for reservation only experiments, they would be gone 3-4 hours after opening all the time here whenever a ride was reservation only in the Korean parks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!