Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Christmas at Dollywood & finally riding Lightning Rod!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am

That sounds like my experience on Wildfire! I was the only one on the train and it was raining. The front was so good, but thankfully the back was the superior seat like most of the other RMCs.

Dollywood will run the coaster in as low as 36 degrees; however, it needs to be above 40 degrees to open. If the coaster breaks down (because Lightning Rod would never do that...), I believe it also may need to be above 40 degrees to reopen. Thankfully the average temperature this time of year is about 50 so during the day it isn't too much of an issue.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Canobie I'm thrilled to hear you finally got to ride Lightning Rod!! I'm heading down there this week for my first Smoky Mountain Christmas and will definitely check out the show you mentioned.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 pm

TBpony414 wrote:Canobie I'm thrilled to hear you finally got to ride Lightning Rod!! I'm heading down there this week for my first Smoky Mountain Christmas and will definitely check out the show you mentioned.

The 10 day weather outlook isn't the best for my days 27th-28th, but I'm not worried.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Great report! I'm glad that so many are saying Lightning Rod lives up to expectations. It was a bit disappointing for me to have it closed while we were there, but we are definitely going back to Dollywood sometime in the next few years.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby bert425 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:55 pm

TBpony414 wrote:Canobie I'm thrilled to hear you finally got to ride Lightning Rod!! I'm heading down there this week for my first Smoky Mountain Christmas and will definitely check out the show you mentioned.

so jealous!

hopefully we'll hit Dollywood in May/June timeframe of 2018. . fingers crossed that planned trip comes together
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks! At least no snow is in the forecast for your trips. I just hope Lightning Rod's start up temperature can be hit on your days since it appears to be something a degree or two higher than the others.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!