TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thunder Chariot Goes Vertical At Discoveryland

This is one thats been known about for ages but has only just gone vertical.

The ride name translates as Thunder Chariot (although there's no English name yet and they are often different) and the ride will stand 115ft tall.

Featuring a custom layout instead of the linear design seen at Coney and OWA not much else is known about the design.

Zam0.jpg.d4d7795130c09fdaa2a4261b94faba0e.jpg

Concept art gives at least an idea of layout

Zam1.thumb.jpg.818bbe6db7573c4c15aa682703537a42.jpg

Zam2.thumb.jpg.22ec2d601ec4e4a7373492ac35b4007a.jpg

Zam3.thumb.jpg.b6177c03edf0021a0b9f5fa1b55846db.jpg

Track and supports are slowly rising behind the castle

Source of pics

http://www.guoshanchemi.club/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165&extra=&page=1

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Kill it with fire.

You know what. If another one of these rides suck, then yes, however, I still stand by my statement of seeing how this or the one at OWA actually ride, before writing off all of these Zamperla rides as terrible. They have make one of these rides, and it may not be very good, however I would suspect Zamperla rode the ride themselves, and have assessed how to make it better.

Half of me is like this when I see these rides, and the other is like this (hopeful). Burn it down if this ride is bad, not because another ride is bad.

however I would suspect Zamperla rode the ride themselves, and have assessed how to make it better.

Sure it would be nice to be hopeful and imagine they've learned their mistakes but considering they're basically the biggest ride maker at the moment they probably don't need to worry about that when people will buy their rides in bundles anyway, they made volares for years on years and never did they improve on the roughness and the new ones are just as bad as the old ones.

I've only ridden Thunderbolt once, but myself and the two other enthusiasts I was with all enjoyed the ride. Only rough part was a shuffle atop the vertical loop. Maybe there are just some really bad trains on that ride?

^ Vekoma is helping the issue with new trains, and an improved design. Also, as someone who worked at Vekoma told a group of people on Facebook once, the reason for them being rough, was not all down to the design, and mainly due to the park maintenance of the rides. The new SLC in Poland has had some great reviews.

. . . the reason for them being rough, was not all down to the design, and mainly due to the park maintenance of the rides...

If this were the case then not nearly EVERY single SLC out there would be brain bashing rough. According to this theory there would be a park some where that was really, REALLY good at maintenance, and their Vekoma SLC would be as smooth as a brand new Intamin Hyper coaster.

The roughness is in the design of the ride, and the seemingly 6inch+ gap between the upstop wheels and the track.

...Also, as someone who worked at Vekoma told a group of people on Facebook once...

Repeat after me: You can't always believe everything you read on Facebook.

Half of me is like this when I see these rides, and the other is like this (hopeful).

Awww optimism level: Original Epcot, that's adorable

Give the poor thing a chance.

I don't see Vekoma helping that much given their track record...

Wow! Just look at them all! Every one of them is terrible! What would we do with out compact, cheap, and 6 inverting rides? Oh, wait, many small parks would struggle. Also, TRON, that gets aweful reviews...nope, it does not. Seven dwarfs mine train is also rubbish...nope, it is a great family coaster. Also, those family suspended coasters, never have people and small parks had to suffer so much until parks bought them...wait, they are forceful, compact, and have great restraints.

You gave me a list of really good coasters which fit the park requirements.

I think the main problem with the current Thunderbolt rides is the trains.

This is just speculation, but would any of you guys think it would be an improvement if Zamperla worked with, say, ART Engineering to make the trains?

ART Engineering is the company who manufactured the trains for Cannibal at Lagoon.

I mean- it wouldn't be the first time Zamperla collaborated with another manufacturer to produce a ride. The Windshear for instance is a collab between Zamperla and Soriani and Moser.

• 1 month later...