Beer!

After coasters thats whats important right!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Beer!

Postby Jcoaster » Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Flying Dog Dead Rising, Dogfishhead 90 Min IPA, Sweetwater 420, Founders All Day IPA are just some of my favorites.

If you guys are real beer enthusiast I suggest you download the "Untapped" app to track and share your beers with others. Don't forget to add me!!! Im approaching the 300 different beer mark.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 18, 2017 1:50 pm

TheJewelOfJool wrote:Paging coasterbill...

I've got to be honest, while I love beer I really don't consider myself an expert on the subject. The reason for that is that (while I have my preferences) I'll pretty much drink anything. I usually like every single beer I try right away and in the event that I don't it usually grows on me by the end of my first or second glass / bottle.

If I go somewhere and there's a local craft beer then I almost always get it, but as far as making recommendations I'm really not the person to ask. I enjoy pretty much every beer from pure sh*t like Natty Boh and Miller Light to beer that costs $20 a bottle like Dogfish Head 120 IPA. The only beer I refuse to drink is anything with apple in it because that's literally the dumbest sh*t in the history of the world.

Otherwise though, I'll drink whatever. I'm terrible at picking favorites when it comes to craft beer. A lot of it honestly blends together for me.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Stu K » Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm a bit like that try any thing once lol fruit normally puts me off but had a killer blood orang IPA and a lime and coconut one lol.

Some tio names on these list some I have had and some I have not lol. Beer to get untapped I did have a play with it.

300 pretty good lost count but would be a good way to keep track. Keep an eye for PuNk IPA a scotish company set up in Ohio with beer hotel coming soon!

Stu

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby thedlr » Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 am

This is definitely my kind of thread. I just hit unique beer #777 with Shandy Shores at Melt inside Cedar Point, but I'm really not familiar with the east coast breweries.

Thanks for the Carolina Beer Temple info. We'll be at Carowinds in August so I'll have to keep that bookmarked.
EDIT: Looks like they've opened a location much closer to Carowinds, so that works out perfectly.

Not sure how helpful I can be. On our two trips to Dollywood last year (that damn/awesome LR), looks like we got our craft beer fix in Knoxville. We visited a brewery called Crafty Bastard and a restaurant called Tomato Head had some good food and tap selection.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 am

The crazy thing out of all the crazy flavored beers I've tried (Old Bay, Smores, Peanut Butter) throw me a damn Miller Lite or Bud Heavy any day and I'll be happy.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Postby coasterbill » Fri May 19, 2017 5:13 am

Jcoaster wrote:The crazy thing out of all the crazy flavored beers I've tried (Old Bay, Smores, Peanut Butter) throw me a damn Miller Lite or Bud Heavy any day and I'll be happy.

That Flying Dog Old Bay beer was better than it had any right to be. I wouldn't exactly recommend it but it exceeded my non-existent expectations.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri May 19, 2017 5:28 am

coasterbill wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:The crazy thing out of all the crazy flavored beers I've tried (Old Bay, Smores, Peanut Butter) throw me a damn Miller Lite or Bud Heavy any day and I'll be happy.

That Flying Dog Old Bay beer was better than it had any right to be. I wouldn't exactly recommend it but it exceeded my non-existent expectations.

Dead Rising is one of my favorite beers ever. Every year when I head down to Camden Yards I get the Chesapeake Fries with some Flying Dog Old Bay.

Postby coasterbill » Fri May 19, 2017 5:30 am

Previously I would have considered it sacrilege to drink anything other than Natty Boh at Camden Yards (though an Old Bay beer is quite fitting), but since they no longer serve it there I guess I can't give you crap for it. :lol:

Seriously, what were they thinking ending that Boh contract? It's Baltimore.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri May 19, 2017 5:43 am.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 am

coasterbill wrote:Previously I would have considered it sacrilege to drink anything other than Natty Boh at Camden Yards (though an Old Bay beer is quite fitting), but since they no longer serve it there I guess I can't give you crap for it. :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby shivtim » Fri May 19, 2017 6:05 am

There are several really good options in Atlanta, since you're starting and ending there. Your best bet is Hop City, which has two locations - Westside, and inside the Krog Street Market. It's basically a local beer store that also has a bar. They both have about 60 beers on tap and a huge selection of cans and bottles, many of which are local or regional. They're focused on beer, so the bartenders can give you good advice on what to try. You can get growlers or bottles/cans to go.
http://www.hopcitybeer.com/krog-street-market/
http://www.hopcitybeer.com/west-midtown/
Another good Atlanta option if you have time is the Georgia Beer Garden, which is a bar that only serves Georgia beers. It has a great outside area if the weather is nice. But you have to drink there, no beer to go.
Look for beers from Wild Heaven, Three Taverns, Orpheus, Monday Night, Second Self, Burnt Hickory, and Scofflaw. Those are the best Atlanta-area breweries.

In Birmingham, J Clyde's is probably the best restaurant for beer, and Good People is the local brewery you should try.

While in North Carolina, keep an eye out for Wicked Weed beers. It sounds like you'll be driving through Asheville on the way from Dollywood to Carowinds. You should try to stop here - there are a number of amazing breweries, including several in walking distance from each other in downtown:
http://ashevillealetrail.com/trail-map/

Unfortunately the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area is devoid of good beer. I'm not super familiar with Memphis/Nashville beer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!