Suzhou Amusement Park To Close And Relocate

Rare SLC and Shuttle Loop have an unknown fate.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Suzhou Amusement Park To Close And Relocate

Postby Gutterflower » Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 am

Not often you get two park relocation stories in a day but following the news of Wild Wadi's imminent relocation Suzhou Amusement Park in the city of Suzhou, China has announced it will close at the end of the year.
The park will move to a new location in the west of the city while the existing park site is transformed into a beauty spot.

The park is home to one of the best looking SLC's out there (although it rides like the rest) which features the rarer modified layout as well. Unfortunately the concept art makes it appear that the parks main coasters won't be making the move.

Suz0.jpg

A shot of the SLC in it's current location

Suz1.jpg

Concept Art for the new park.

Suz2.jpg

Concept art for the redeveloped current park location

Suz3.jpg

Suz4.jpg

Suz5.jpg

Clearing work on the new site has begun with blasting being completed this month
The new site in the west of the city and can be seen here https://www.google.no/maps/@31.3259027,120.4740647,957m/data=!3m1!1e3

I'm not sure how i feel about this. The current location is gorgeous and the setting for the SLC is one of the best in the world. The park may not be amazing but I liked it when I was there. However on the other hand the new concept art does also look great too.

I'm not sure why they are making the move from a central location with metro access to somewhere beyond the reach of the current metro lines. Perhaps its space or exorbitant rent?
Further more it doesn't appear at least according to the concept art that either the SLC or the Shuttle Loop will be going to the new location. (although it is concept art)
I imagine this is in response at least in part due to the proliferation of large parks in the area (Wanda Wuxi is less than 30mins from the new location and Disney is within easy reach) and limited options for expansion at the current site.

The new park certainly looks nice but I will be sad to see the old park go even with its faults.

Site Admin

Re: Suzhou Amusement Park To Close And Relocate

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 15, 2017 11:32 am

The biggest loss at this park will clearly be the terrifying Chinese Knockoff Small World ride!

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!