Are the days of horrible Six Flags ops over?

Read the title
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Are the days of horrible Six Flags ops over?

Postby thisdougsforu » Tue May 02, 2017 6:14 am

Chiselphane wrote:Come to Six Flags St Louis and have those expectations put to the test. I won't go to that park any more despite it being the closest one I can go to, even for free (my kids earn free tickets from school each year but after the last few visits they don't want to). I'd be willing to give them another chance if I consistently heard things were better, but I'm not holding my breath. For the amount of money it costs, I'd rather just spend the little extra time/cash to go to Holiday World or better yet Silver Dollar City, although that one's not in day trip range.

I was just at SFSL and it was the best experience I've ever had in regarding ride ops. Whether that's because it's early season or not is debatable, but it was as smooth as it could get.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue May 02, 2017 10:45 am

Which park in the SF chain generally has the best (and worse) ops?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue May 02, 2017 12:25 pm

You get what you pay for with minimum wage making teenagers...

Operations will regress to the norm once early season excitement wears off.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 pm

^Early season and summer operations are usually the best times. Early season is when the energy of the staff is highest. Summer is then parks have the highest quantity of staff, and also people working at parks over the summer are more likely to be people who want to work there, as opposed to having to. (I actually know a few people who want to work in the theme park industry, and are looking into working at parks over the summer to start with networking).

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby scottm13 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Last edited by scottm13 on Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby scottm13 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Which park in the SF chain generally has the best (and worse) ops?

Six Flags Great America gives more rides than any other park. It has been that way for decades. (Sad! if you consider that SFMM is year round yet doesn't beat a seasonal park) I've also heard Mexico does a really excellent job, likely better than any of the other parks. There is a recent video from ITL that does a good job showcasing SFM's great ride ops.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm

So what's the general consensus after the 2017 season is (mostly) over?
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I think Six Flags has significantly improved ride operations across the board this year and they deserve a lot of credit for it. Then again, maybe they just sent all of their slowest, most incompetent employees to the Great Adventure waffle stand instead. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I visited Magic Mountain in October and from what I could tell, operations were about the same as they always have been. Obviously Twisted Colossus had the best crew, but X2, Tatsu, and YOLOcoaster were decent and kept the lines somewhat moving, given their respective capacities.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby RollingCoasting » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm not sure about other parks in the chain, but SFGAm has definitely improved theirs in 2017. As of this year the "Take 5" protocol has been omitted from operations, speeding up the procedure tremendously.

Operations were also pretty fast during my trip to SFSTL this year but having only been there once, I can't really make a complete judgment.
Top 5: 1. Hades 360 2. Raging Bull 3. Goliath(GAm) 4. Mr. Freeze:Reverse Blast(STL) 5.Batman: The Ride(GAm)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!