TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mega coaster trip 2017 help.

I thought about beech bend, but that's a park I can get to durring the summer on a weekend trip. Planning on doing Kentucky kingdom later this summer, and beech bend is not to far from there.

Magic springs is a park I would like to get to at some point, but it just wasn't in the cards for this trip.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about beech bend, but that's a park I can get to durring the summer on a weekend trip. Planning on doing Kentucky kingdom later this summer, and beech bend is not to far from there.

Magic springs is a park I would like to get to at some point, but it just wasn't in the cards for this trip.

KK/BB is likely an easily doable weekend trip from the Detroit area. Maybe even KK/BB/HW in one weekend (if you skip the water parks)!

• 3 weeks later...

Was thinking of tweaking the schedule a tad to squeeze in another park. We have never been to Six flags fiesta Tx before, and was wondering if doing just 1 day there(with fast lane) would be sufficient to do everything. Currently, we have 2 days planned for this park.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

After much research and thought, we have decided to skip California on this trip and focus on the central states. We plan on doing an exclusive California only trip the following summer. So this is our final mega trip itinerary we came up with.

Day 1...leave Michigan in the afternoon, drive to kings island for a few nite rides, drive to mid Kentucky to crash for the night.

Day 2... Finish driving to six flags over GA, pick up season passes and spend day at the park. Stay the night.

You're adding about 17-18 hours of driving in a two day span and making it damn near impossible to enjoy anything in Kemah or Galveston so you can credit whore at Six Flags Over Georgia. And you're doing that on a day where you're probably going to need a Q-Bot because there's just no way you're getting there at opening. Just get your passes at St. Louis. Save yourself and your family the trouble.

Otherwise, it looks like you're not leaving any time for you or your family to see any sights in Texas. OK, I guess.

We have been to sfog several times, and are returning there in the spring for 2 days. It's more of a quick stop to pick up season passes and to score the new dark ride. Oh...and can't forget the blissfull riddler ride as well.

Durring this entire trip, we only really have 1 "full" day of driving. Kemah boardwalk and pleasure pier are just quick stops to hit the coasters. Being that they are really close to eachother, its not too bad.

My biggest question is fiesta Texas though. Is it a 2 day park? We will have fast lane one of the days, so not sure if we need 2 days to experience this park.

As far as sight seeing, we have a half day to do a few things like the Alamo, and river walk. This trip is more coaster based.

We have been to sfog several times, and are returning there in the spring for 2 days. It's more of a quick stop to pick up season passes and to score the new dark ride. Oh...and can't forget the blissfull riddler ride as well.

Durring this entire trip, we only really have 1 "full" day of driving. Kemah boardwalk and pleasure pier are just quick stops to hit the coasters. Being that they are really close to eachother, its not too bad.

Then why not go to St. Louis instead? It is literally on the route from Detroit to Dallas. SFOG-> Kemah is 12 hours of straight driving + 1 hour lost for change to Central time + time for food/bathrooms/gas. The only part of the loop you'd need to repeat might be a section of 94 in Michigan between I-69 and 23/275. That's not including the time needed to get to Georgia from Kings Island either, which is another 8 hours. That's 20+ hours of transit to pick up a season pass where there's a more convenient location to go anyhow. And you live 4-4 1/2 hours from Kings Island! Just go for a weekend!

None of the Six Flags parks are two day parks if you have a QBot, but seriously, whether or not you spend 2 days at SFFT is really not the biggest concern on your schedule.

Actually, you gain an hour going from Eastern to Central. If you were crossing the line right now, you'd change the clock from 1:50 to 12:50, making your day in effect 25 hours long. I say that just for accuracy's sake; this is not to imply that going from Michigan to Texas via Georgia is anything less than certifiable.

Then why not go to St. Louis instead? It is literally on the route from Detroit to Dallas. SFOG-> Kemah is 12 hours of straight driving + 1 hour lost for change to Central time + time for food/bathrooms/gas. The only part of the loop you'd need to repeat might be a section of 94 in Michigan between I-69 and 23/275. That's not including the time needed to get to Georgia from Kings Island either, which is another 8 hours. That's 20+ hours of transit to pick up a season pass where there's a more convenient location to go anyhow. And you live 4-4 1/2 hours from Kings Island! Just go for a weekend!

None of the Six Flags parks are two day parks if you have a QBot, but seriously, whether or not you spend 2 days at SFFT is really not the biggest concern on your schedule.

We have also been to sfstl before, and it really is not a park we care to return to any time soon.

My biggest question is fiesta Texas though. Is it a 2 day park? We will have fast lane one of the days, so not sure if we need 2 days to experience this park.[/quote

No Six Flags parks are two day parks if you have Flash Pass.

I appreciate all the input.

So this is mega trip 2017 V 3.0(hopefully the final version).

Day 1...leave Michigan after work and drive 6-7 hours to six flags st louis. Stay the night a few hours from the park.

Day 2... Finish drive to sfstl, process passes and burn a few hours. Leave park no later than 7, and drive halfway to magic springs. Stay the night.

Day 3

Finish drive to magic springs and spend 4-5 hours there. Leave by 6pm and start driving to San Antonio. Drive 4 or 5 hours and stay the night.

Day 4

Finish drive to San Antonio, check out a few things downtown like the Alamo, and river walk. Possibly go to sf fiesta for a bit. Stay the night.

Day 5

Go to Six flags fiesta for the day. Stay the night.

Day 6

Go to ZDT'S for an hour or 2, then head to seaworld for the day. Start driving to Dallas. Stay the night.

Day 7

Finish drive to Dallas, and do sfot for the day. Stay the night.

Day 8

Full day at soft. Stay the night.

Day 9

Drive to frontier city theme park for the day. Stay the night.

Day 10

Drive to silver dollar city and take advantage of the after 2pm/next day free deal. Stay the night.

Day 11

Sdc for the day, and Lamberts for dinner. Drive an hour in the direction of worlds of fun and stay the night.

Day 12

Finish drive to worlds of fun, spend a few hours in the park to see what's new since our last visit 2 years ago. Leave park no later than 7pm and start driving north in the direction of Nick universe. Stay the night.

Day 13

Finish drive to Nick universe and mall of America. Spend the day. Stay the night.

Day 14

Vallyfair for the day, and drive 2 hours to stay the night.

Day 15

Finish drive to Bay beach park. Spend an hour or 2 at Bay beach, and head to sfga. Spend remainder of day at sfga. Stay the night.

Day 16

Spend a few hours at sfga, and head home to Michigan.

Unfortunately, it just made sense to cut out Kemah and pleasure pier out as it would have added quite a bit more driving and cost to the trip. Also, since we are planning on visiting sfog in the spring for a few days it made sense to skip it durring this trip. We are not concerned about not spending an entire day at sgstl or worlds of fun since we have been to those parks a few times before.

Yea, we are looking forward to it.

We are thinking of adding the meal plan onto our six flags season passes, as it will also save us a few bucks. At around $15-20 a meal at six flags, it can add up fast. Meal plan is only $100.

I figured on this trip alone, we will get roughly 14 meals out of ot.

Was thinking about it, but we are not really water park people. We did however add adventureland into the mix. So now we are doing a few hours at world's of fun, and the rest at adventureland. We have been to wof several times, but my wife and the kids have never been to adventureland. It's right on the way to moa as well.

Bonus for me, is that they have a new credit for me to score as well.

• 2 weeks later...