Photo TR: Our 2017 Extravaganza!

Trip 3 - Part 1: Dollywood!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Our 2017 Extravaganza!

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 02, 2017 9:30 am

Yeah, as long as you know you're settling for it and it's not your first choice then that's a valid excuse. :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:53 am

jynx242 wrote:Thanks for the report.......perv :lmao: ;) ;)

I kid, I kid, I was thinking the same thing as your captions when I was looking at the pictures. I'm looking forward to the rest :)

me three!

(and the top of the Oil Derrick is beautiful. . you should go up once for some great views of the park).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

So with your opinions of Drop Towers, I take it Falcon's Fury is out of the question?

I used to hate drop towers too, and then I spent 2 years operating one. :airtime:
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 am

Thanks for the report. New Texas Giant blew me away a few years back, and Mr. Freeze isn't too shabby, either.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 am

Still Trip 1:

Day 2 at SFOT

Well, sorry for the delay!!! Life has just been so busy!! That being said, on with the TR!!

Day 2 at SFOT was just a quick stop by the park. Wanted to spend a few hours before heading out. We really wanted to try the new VR thing to see how it compared to other VR's we have done so far.

Needless to say we were NOT impressed by this VR experience. Iron Dragon VR still holds the title as our favorite VR experience. I don't know what it was about the whole "augmented reality" thing, but it made both of us super sick. I can't explain what it was about the looking through the camera during the first half of the ride, and the brake run that made us super nauseous. But we were NOT a fan.

At rope drop we went straight back to Shockwave VR thing.... We were on the second train out, and we have no desire to ride it again! Love Shockwave as it is, but it surely doesn't need the VR!!

After VR Shockwave we went over and rode Superman, then headed over to NTAG... After two rides on NTAG we called it a day, and headed home. I know this wasn't a super detailed TR... but there wasn't much to say about the park. However, the next trip reports will be much more detailed!! :) Enjoy the photos.
1.jpg
A nice breakfast to start out our day!!
10.jpg
Is this suppose to be a permanent thing???
11.jpg
This is where SFOT turtles go to make baby turtles...
12.jpg
They really need to clean that water.
13.jpg
<3
14.jpg
OMG. It's such a long way up.
15.jpg
No thanks. I have no desire to get drenched today!
16.jpg
What are they going to do when this tree gets bigger??
17.jpg
SDC is that you??
18.jpg
Probably my second favorite wood that I enjoy riding!
19.jpg
This is a nice quite area of the park.
2.jpg
Who leaves their sunroof open, and windows down in a Maserati, when it looks like it's about to storm outside?!
20.jpg
How have I never noticed this little baby train before??
21.jpg
Eh, didn't feel like making the walk over to Titan.
22.jpg
Still one of my favorite lead cars! <3
23.jpg
The ducks say bye!
3.jpg
Oh La Vibrator how I love to hate you. You're so rough, but so fun!!
4.jpg
Why is the water blue??
5.jpg
Whats this??
6.jpg
I still prefer it without the VR.
7.jpg
Shockwave trying to show us it's naughty bits.
8.jpg
Not sure why I love this photo so much.
9.jpg
This ride actually fits in really well here.
Bigger is not always better.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am

I love your idea to keep your 2017 trips in one spot! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trips. I've never been to SFOT so excuse my ignorance, but is Superman Tower of Power like Power Tower at Cedar Point?

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 am

TBpony414 wrote:. . .I've never been to SFOT so excuse my ignorance, but is Superman Tower of Power like Power Tower at Cedar Point?

Superman Tower Of Power is like you combined shot side, and drop side from Power Tower at Cedar Point.

On the first launch it launches you nearly to the top, and does a slow bounce at the top half of the tower... Then slowly rises and locks into place. After a short period of time it launches you back down, and finishes with some bounces at the bottom of the tower. It's a great tower because you get the best of both worlds. You get the awesome launch up, and then the suspense as you slowly rise the rest of the way, and get held for a few seconds.

That being said, I have heard that on certain days they don't always run combo mode. Sometimes they only run "shot mode" Which would be like Power Tower's red towers. Again, just something I've heard, and never actually seen in practice so it could be false!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 pm

and it replaced my all time favorite SFoT ride, Air Race :(

it was so awesome, and it looked so lame.. but when you got up to the top of the tower, the open air planes were scary as hell.

I still mourn it's loss.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby bigboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:That being said, I have heard that on certain days they don't always run combo mode. Sometimes they only run "shot mode" Which would be like Power Tower's red towers. Again, just something I've heard, and never actually seen in practice so it could be false!

I've always been told it was due to extreme heat and they typically only had to do it in the later part of the summer.

Air Racer was a fun ride, but it was a maintenance nightmare for the park. It was very wind sensitive and that kept it down a lot in the spring. The pulleys, cables, and motors that lifted the individual planes and the hub up in the air had to work together perfectly and, quite often, they didn't.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Trip 2 - Part 1: Six Flags Great Adventure

This was my first trip to Great Adventure since 2007(ish). I was beyond excited to make it back to the park given that so much had changed since last time I was there. I was looking forward to getting new rides in on Nitro, El Toro, and Kingda Ka hoping that maybe my impression of these coasters would have changed over the years, and hopefully I would end up liking them more than I did last time I rode them. Not to mention I really wanted to ride Zumanjaro: Drop Of Doom!! Mind you I HATE HATE HATE drop towers. Like I seriously could not put into words how much I hated drop towers. Yet, with this one being the tallest... and fastest... and blah blah blah, I really wanted to give it a go! ... But 415ft is a LOT taller in person than it looks on a computer screen. . . Anyway, on with the Trip Report!

The entire flight in all I could think of was the impending doom that I would be facing on Zumanjaro the following day... Speaking of flights, our flight in to DCA provided this awesome view of the Pentagon:

1.jpg

Anyway, back to Zumanjaro: Drop Of ImGoingToCrapMyself... Like I said, all I could think of was the impending doom that I would be facing on Zumanjaro the following day. I don't know why I have always had such a fear of drop towers, but my entire life I have hated them, and never wanted to so much as step foot near the entrance of one, let alone ride it.

The next day as I pulled into the parking lot I tried REALLY hard not to look at Zumanjaro. . . I figured, "Maybe if I don't look at it... it wont seem as big... so I will be able to ride it!!" So instead I found this pretty (ugly) water tower to focus on...

2.jpg

The water tower was a nice distraction until I turned my head and saw this MASSIVE tower. . .

3.jpg

I thought to myself "MY GOD!!! I haven't seem something that big since I left my ex!!!" My next thought was: "There is no way in hell I am riding that thing!!" (Also like my ex.) So at that point I had sworn of Zumanjaro for the rest of the day! A few minutes later this really scary looking Bugs Bunny:

4.jpg

Tried to change my mind on how I felt about Zumanjaro, but it wasn't working! I never wanted to hear the word "Zumanjaro" again!!! So instead, I wondered around the park trying to figure out where to start. . . That's when I came across this sign:

5.jpg

I thought "Hmmm, Nitro? That sounds like a nice relaxing, Boring&Mediocre way to start the day off." Last time I rode Nitro I got off of the ride thinking... "That was it? Why does everyone rave about this coaster so much?" So needless to say I had very low expectations going in. The entrance looks nice and all...

20170428_120908.jpg

But the entrance is not where I would be going. For some reason the FlashPass entrance seems to be in some sort of maintenance workshop area, weird.

So how was Nitro?? JESUS H. COASTERO!!! Holy f**k... How did I EVER think this coaster was Boring & Mediocre before?? Like, OMG! That was the first time I have EVER gotten light headed during the drop on a roller coaster. I have no idea what was going on, or if I just needed to eat, but I almost felt like I was going to black out... On the drop. IDK... Don't ask. But it was weird and amazing all at the same time. After the drop that tried to kill me, the rest of the ride was AMAZING!!! It finally replaced Diamondback as my favorite B&M Hyper coaster. This thing is relentless!! Omg! I had to ride it 3 times to figure out WTF was going on!!

The coaster starts off all nice and calm with this little "Oh look at me, I'm so cute and innocent" turn around:

20170428_122033.jpg

After that cute little turn you spend 45 minutes climbing towards the heavens... Which gives you all this time to think about what you have done wrong in your life. Like, did I forget to turn the stove off?? OMG JESUS I'M SORRY I'M GAY, please don't kill me because of it!! Is my car key in my zipper pocket? Oh that's right this is a B&M why am I worried about something flying out of my pocket?? It's just going to be "Boring and forceless." --- Well, after you crest that hill, you begin to plummet toward the earth and you realize "THOSE MOTHER F**KERS ON TPR LIED!!! THIS ISN'T BORING AND FORCELESS!!! OMFG I'M GOING TO DIE!!!"

20170428_122135.jpg

Another train full of riders barely survived the murderous first drop!

After Nitro several rides on Nitro I took some time to recover, and thought... I'll do something more relaxing for now! So I headed over to this big, magical, metal box of surprises. Also known as:

20170428_122619.jpg

The Dark Knight Coaster.

Mind you I knew nothing about this coaster. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I wasn't expecting much. -- I was surprised that the coaster had that nice little pre-show kind of thing going on. Made me feel like I was in a cheaper, dilapidated Walt Disney World. After the pre-show we made our way through a mouse maze to the station. Boarded the car, and thankfully was paired up with a family of 3 who had never been on the coaster either, which made it that much more fun! There were nice surprising drops, and lots of laterals on the coaster. Had the coaster been outside, I wouldn't have wasted the time riding it... But I'm sure glad I did take the time to ride it because it was a blast!!

After the Dark Box Coaster I wanted something a little more... Fast paced... So I headed over to Batman!

20170428_122358.jpg

Nothing is "Boring & Forceless" about this coaster. It was just as awesome as all the other Batman clones I've been on. There is something about these coasters. They are so fast paced, and so intense. It seriously seems like they are nothing but positive g's! From the moment you left the lift hill, till you hit the brake run you are glued to your seat! Even moments like this awesome inversion:

20170428_122549.jpg

Some how still provides nice positive g's! -- Six Flags was a genius to place this crazy, extreme, positive g-force coaster next to this crazy airtime machine:

20170428_122553.jpg

It's like two giant metal Sour Patch Kids side by side.

After Batman I wanted to try out Joker. I have been really interested in how these coasters ride, and what the experience is like. So I left my beloved Batman, and Nitro duo behind and ventured out to find the evil Joker:

20170428_124412.jpg

Okay, not going to lie. . . I was pretty freaking excited about getting to try this out. I've followed the progress of this design every since KidTums took a ride on the prototype. I never made it down to SFFT to ride Batman, and the one at SFOT wasn't open during our visit a few weeks prior. So finally!! I was going to get my first ride in on one of these crazy flipping machines!

20170428_124630.jpg

Well damn. All those years of excitement were about to get flushed down the drain. The lift hill is, to me, the best part of the ride. You're not sure when you will get to the top, and it sure feels like the coaster is a LOT taller than it really is once you're climbing up, up, and away!! Once you leave the lift hill... It feels like you have been put into a metal barrel, and pushed down a gravel hill. I guess I am spoiled with nice fluid movements, but the rocking back and forth of the seats was, really a bit jarring. It was "fling your head forward.... NOW SLAM IT BACK INTO THE SEAT... Now fling your head forward... NOW SLAM IT BACK INTO THE SEAT." --- Wash, rinse, repeat. Try as I may I could NOT keep my head firmly against the headrest, and it was brutal!!

20170428_124611.jpg

I know these coasters are a big hit, and I don't blame anyone for liking them. I mean... Some people like abuse, some people don't... But during my ride it sure felt like I was Rihanna, and Joker was Chris Brown. --- Anyway, to each their own! I will never tell someone they are "wrong" for liking these coasters, and I am sure people get smoother rides, and actually enjoy the coasters. I just wasn't a fan. I mean... Some people like abusive rides, some people don't... But during my ride it sure felt like I was Rihanna, and Joker was Chris Brown.

One thing I can say about the coaster, is that it did have a nice location:

20170428_125526.jpg

Next up, I had decided I would face my fears... and take on Zumanjaro: Drop Of Doom!!

20170428_144822.jpg

--- Or so I thought!

(Part 2 of Six Flags Great Adventure coming soon! (And soon as in tonight, or tomorrow) Not soon, as in within the next few months!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!