Lakemont park closed for the summer!

Park is making significant improvements.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Lakemont park closed for the summer!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:34 pm

I know it's a historic ride and respect Leap the Dips for that, but I found it to be a lot rougher than I expected and not something I was raring to jump back in line for.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby MisterBrow » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Any updates about what's going on at Lakemont?
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:41 am

A friend drove by the park last week, and there was zero signs of anything being done. Looked just like it did on closing day last year.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 am

Hoping that the park opens once again but improved, glad I went last Labor Day weekend! Leap the Dips was fun and much faster than I thought!
IMG_9203 (1).jpg

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 am

thrillrider wrote:A friend drove by the park last week, and there was zero signs of anything being done. Looked just like it did on closing day last year.

I didn't know they were open when I went.
Peek a boo!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm

They have been very active on their Facebook page and have information about upcoming events:
https://www.facebook.com/LakemontPark/

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby MisterBrow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:18 pm

All I see is 4th of July fireworks, holiday lights, and a guy asking where the renovations are. I am not a Facebook person, am I not clicking on something?
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 am

I have a memory of riding a Skydiver before, but no idea where it was!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby K258 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 am

Lakemont got its butt kicked by DelGrossos. When I visited in 2015, I felt embarrassed by the lack of patrons. The ride ops were bored out of their minds. Afterwards, we went up the road to DelGrossos, which was absolutely packed. I went to Lakemont to visit the Skyliner, the first coaster I ever rode as a child when it was at Roseland Park in Canandaigua, NY. But yikes! What rickety pile of sticks! It needs a major overhaul of both track and trains. I think the no gate fee approach should have been tried years ago. Makes it worth a stop on the way to DelGrossos or Knoebels.

Visited Conneaut Lake a few weeks ago. There were lots of people there! I was amazed. They have managed to turn it around nicely. The water park looked decent. The Blue Streak scared me too much to ride more than once. Looks ready to collapse, but I'm sure it's safe. Conneaut has a great carousel, a tumble bug, the Devils Den and a slew of funky old kiddie rides. It's cool and creepy in a good way. I'm happy to see money flowing in for a change.

Another sketchy old park is Sylvan Beach in central NY state. They also have lots of funky old rides and no people. Ride ops run multiple rides because is never enough riders for more than one ride to operate at a time. But I try to visit every year.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 am

I'm really rooting for this park to put in the work needed to become a real attraction again. If they really haven't even started work yet despite closing for the summer, that is a really bad sign. They can do a lot of work in a few months, so there is still time to get in there and fix it up, but I don't have a good feeling about it. If they could just invest in the water park like they were talking about, that would be a huge boost on its own.

I really hope the Skyliner gets fixed up though. I love old wooden coasters, and these old John Allen PTC's are such a rare breed anymore.

I'm planning a Kennywood trip for next year, and I really want Lakemont to be fixed up a bit so it is worth driving out to. I'll go if I can be assured that Skyliner and Leap the Dips are at least operational and not hemerage-inducing. If not though, I guess there's Conneaut at least...

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!