Lakemont park closed for the summer!

Park is making significant improvements.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Lakemont park closed for the summer!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am

Skydiver was easily the best ride in the park.

Lakemont has the only Toboggan I've ever ridden. I'm not particularly tall, but I smacked my head on the final bunny hills so I cringe what that experience would be like for anyone taller than me.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 am

Skydiver was closed when I went. Unfortunately not surprising at all given the state the park has been in. It's sad that I'll probably never ride one of these. It's a shame that the flat rides are probably leaving. The Round-Up was a rare kind I haven't seen very often, Twister wasn't anything too exciting but it was really weird and cool, and the old sketchy Octopus rides are way crazier than the newer models.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Cedar Point, Kennywood
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Phantom's Revenge, Intimidator 305, Fury 325
Top 3 Wood Coasters: El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Black Widow, Zipper
Top 3 Water Rides: Coal Cracker, Escape From Pompeii, Splash Mountain
160 coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:30 pm

cloudeleven wrote:Was kinda hoping to do the Toboggan too.

There's still one in Wisconsin if you're that into sadomasochism.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:05 am

There's some town called Elysburg that apparently has a pretty good amusement park. It doesn't have a Skydiver so I'm not sure how good it is.
Peek a boo!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:54 am

^ Speaking of that park, I'd love for them to rescue Skydiver if it came down to it.
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:31 am

That would definitely make me go there.

I also noticed how that park has three wooden coasters but only one large steel coaster. I wonder if they struggle with attendance with a ratio like that.
Peek a boo!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:57 pm

I Like Theme Parks. wrote:Skydiver was closed when I went. Unfortunately not surprising at all given the state the park has been in. It's sad that I'll probably never ride one of these. It's a shame that the flat rides are probably leaving. The Round-Up was a rare kind I haven't seen very often, Twister wasn't anything too exciting but it was really weird and cool, and the old sketchy Octopus rides are way crazier than the newer models.

I freaking LOVED the Octopus there!

Easily the best ride with the craziest cycle in the park. I also wish that there were more of these models versus the Spider models. While I like the Spider rides, the Octopus rides crap all over Spider's.

I like Skydiver rides too, but you had to have two people to ride and there was NO WAY that Michael was going on it with me. He shares the same thought about the Zipper too - hence the reason why I haven't been on either in many, many years. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:17 pm

I had to stand around the ride for 5-10 minutes to wait for another rider. I was able to take a mother's son on the ride and she was grateful to get out of riding.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:10 pm

I for one, would love to see Knoebels adopt Skydiver if it came down to it. I have only ridden it once, not at Lakemont, and don't remember much, other than I liked it. I rode it at Idora, if that tells you how long ago that was.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby 3Mutts » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:18 pm

As long as they keep Leap the Dips IDC what happens to the rest, easily one of the most surprising coasters Ive ever ridden.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!