TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: No Lions, or Tigers, but BEARS – OH MY!!

...is that not the shorthand for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo (and yes, I typed the "L" word and let the filter do it's thing)

Well, yes. Yes, It does.

And now it makes perfect sense. Finally.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...is that not the shorthand for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo (and yes, I typed the "L" word and let the filter do it's thing)

Well, yes. Yes, It does.

And now it makes perfect sense. Finally.

HA!

both you *and* Phil were thrown by that. . . LOL, and you've been a TPR member longer than I have!

^ In my mind, TMI also means... Too Much Initializing!

HAHAHA. . .yeah, I still do that too:

I occasionally feel the "phantom buzz" of a pager (from back in 1999) that I used to wear on the Test Floor, since it was so noisy out there if they needed to get hold of me they paged.

Hard to change an ingrained reaction!

I finally got a chance to read the last 2 installments of your TR. What an exciting trip! There was no shortage of ups and downs or laughs along the way. Too bad the food was for the most part mediocre to unacceptable. I went on a Princess cruise about 9 years ago and the food was the same way which was disappointing. The last part about the port bus driver leaving you high and dry - OMG!! That's crazy!

What a relief that your sweet pupper is OK after not doing so well during boarding. She seems like a real sweetheart and I love your descriptions of how you've managed things at home to make sure she's safe and happy. Having an animal that needs extra TLC can be stressful at times but I believe it enriches the soul. Not everyone is up to the task so kudos to you for being such great dog parents

Guess I was the only one who got the abbreviation for FFBFWMAG hahaha. Can't wait to see your TR from Cedar Point! It's an incredible park and if you're staying at Hotel Breakers, well, you're in for a real treat!

I finally got a chance to read the last 2 installments of your TR. What an exciting trip! There was no shortage of ups and downs or laughs along the way. Too bad the food was for the most part mediocre to unacceptable. I went on a Princess cruise about 9 years ago and the food was the same way which was disappointing. The last part about the port bus driver leaving you high and dry - OMG!! That's crazy!

What a relief that your sweet pupper is OK after not doing so well during boarding. She seems like a real sweetheart and I love your descriptions of how you've managed things at home to make sure she's safe and happy. Having an animal that needs extra TLC can be stressful at times but I believe it enriches the soul. Not everyone is up to the task so kudos to you for being such great dog parents

Guess I was the only one who got the abbreviation for FFBFWMAG hahaha. Can't wait to see your TR from Cedar Point! It's an incredible park and if you're staying at Hotel Breakers, well, you're in for a real treat!

thanks. . yeah, she's a lot of work, and she's expensive as hell. . .

but her quality of life is still very good (she adapts quickly to challenges, still loves to go on walks, play, and she still poops and eats normally), and as long as her quality of life is good?

then we'll continue to love her and care for her.

(and glad you liked the trip report!)

well. . at least the Bell's Palsy waited until *AFTER* our cruise to show up.

likely caused by stress (we had to go to Houston on Sunday to inter Mom's ashes, so when this started on Sat. evening, couldn't do anything about it until Sunday night when we got back post 5pm - and then 4+ hours in emergency room).

the ER docs also said it's likely tied to the Novocain shot I had at the Dentist on Thurs for a crown put in.. tho Dental sites *deny* there's any connection, despite a lot of stuff online where folks say they developed BP after dental work. The ER docs did think that the needle the dentist uses irritates the nerve, and presto BP.

hopefully this will resolve, tho right now, i have to keep my left eye taped shut, since the lid (or anything on the left side of my face) doesn't work.

if i had gone on the cruise like this, I wonder if I'd have gotten flirted with more or less?

It's a LITTLE "Elvis" / sexy , no?

bp.thumb.JPG.b62767467d52a69f20dc0f34ec367b37.JPG

Bert - I just spend the better part of my afternoon catching up on your report, and it definitely brightened my day (tax season at an investment bank really, really sucks.) I'm definitely going to look into doing one of Arno's trips sometime. Although I am not bear-like in appearance, I am bear-like at heart . Looks like a wonderful time, minus some food/service issues, but those can be greatly reduced by being with a great group of people.

Please tell me you saw some bears doing the king/queen of the world at the front of the boat!!! Celine Dion would be so proud

I am so sorry about your mom, but I'm sure she would have loved that you had this experience and this cruise.

Sucks about the Bells, but I'm sure it will clear up quickly.

Take care!!!!!

David

Sorry to hear about the Bells, Bert! I had a case of it a couple years ago myself. Taping the eye closed is the hardest part, it's uphill from there.

At least the timing worked out!

glad to hear that's the tough part. the ER Dr. told me if no improvement in 10-14 days, it likely will never improve.

so , of course, nervous, and hope I start seeing something going on in the next few days!

Bert - I just spend the better part of my afternoon catching up on your report, and it definitely brightened my day (tax season at an investment bank really, really sucks.) I'm definitely going to look into doing one of Arno's trips sometime. Although I am not bear-like in appearance, I am bear-like at heart . Looks like a wonderful time, minus some food/service issues, but those can be greatly reduced by being with a great group of people.

Please tell me you saw some bears doing the king/queen of the world at the front of the boat!!! Celine Dion would be so proud

I am so sorry about your mom, but I'm sure she would have loved that you had this experience and this cruise.

Sucks about the Bells, but I'm sure it will clear up quickly.

Take care!!!!!

David

Glad you enjoyed the report!

unfortunately, no Bears doing "titanic". . LOL. . they were doing "other things"

oh, Nick's not a "bear" at all. . but it's a very inclusive group. heck, there were not only straight women cruising with our group, but also straight married couples

and thank you about Mom (as noted in the 1st post, she told us to go). . .yeah, here's why I had to go to Houston on Sunday (for the internment and the unveiling):

71387123_MomHeadstone.thumb.JPG.79696cdbb0c06b4913f179ddeb160b18.JPG

Oh jeez, Bert! So sorry to hear about the Bells - take it easy as much as possible and I'm sure it'll resolve itself in no time. Dental work + major stress = a huge toll on your body. You do have a good sense of humor about it, though Beautiful stone for your mom <3

Sorry to hear about the Bells, Bert! I had a case of it a couple years ago myself. Taping the eye closed is the hardest part, it's uphill from there.

glad to hear that's the tough part. the ER Dr. told me if no improvement in 10-14 days, it likely will never improve.

so , of course, nervous, and hope I start seeing something going on in the next few days!

Yea, they told me the same thing, too, and that had me really nervous at first also. That's only in about roughly 5% of patients, though, so the odds are strong you'll make a full recovery. It can take a few weeks, though, so just stay patient and hopeful. Happy thoughts!

Yea, they told me the same thing, too, and that had me really nervous at first also. That's only in about roughly 5% of patients, though, so the odds are strong you'll make a full recovery. It can take a few weeks, though, so just stay patient and hopeful. Happy thoughts!

Thank goodness the steroids seem to have had some effect.

still no reaction at all from the eye down (lip/cheek still "dead"). . but eyebrow has some movement, and I can now wink/blink my left eye. So seems to be helping!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank goodness the steroids seem to have had some effect.

still no reaction at all from the eye down (lip/cheek still "dead"). . but eyebrow has some movement, and I can now wink/blink my left eye. So seems to be helping!

~1 month later, and happy to report that I'm 99% back.

still a *SLIGHT* drag on my upper left lip, but unless looking for it, it's not really noticeable.

I am still struggling with some nerve issues in my cheek - that the Dr. thinks is related to the bell's. . .but I can live with it if those "tingles" never fully go away.

Glad to hear that you are healing up, Bert!

Wishing and hoping that Michael and I can make it that weekend of Coastermania so that we can meet up with you and Bill, but it might still be too soon for Michael - we'll see how things play out in the coming weeks.

If we can't make it, I at least expect trip reports with lots of food photos from Brew & BBQ from one, if not both of you!

Glad to hear that you are healing up, Bert!

Wishing and hoping that Michael and I can make it that weekend of Coastermania so that we can meet up with you and Bill, but it might still be too soon for Michael - we'll see how things play out in the coming weeks.

If we can't make it, I at least expect trip reports with lots of food photos from Brew & BBQ from one, if not both of you!

yeah. . .really hope you can make it!

my friend Don from Cleveland is talking about driving up to CP on Sunday to meet up with us (even if just for lunch) too, so he might be there too!

I'll IM you my cell # so you can let us know (unlike Bill . . *I* have a cell, so you can text us )

^ Then howsabout...

TR: 2*Bs Buzz About 2*Cs ~ Cedar Point & CoasterMania!

For our trip report? It's just a suggestion.

And - Still Cellphone FREE!