TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Upcoming Florida Trip! Need some advice!

Hey everyone,

I’m heading back to Florida for a trip in March and it’s been a few years (2013 or so), so I just wanted to get some advice from you guys!

Note: You do not need to answer all of these questions; just any input would be great!

The parks I will be attending are:

Busch Gardens Tampa (will be getting quick queue unlimited)

Attractions to check out OTHER than coasters:

I’m assuming Cobra’s Curse has low capacity and should be done first thing in the morning. Is this a better strategy than upgrading my quick queue for 20 bucks for only one ride?

Food locations to check out:

Any other park tips that you’ve experienced!

Sea World Orlando (will be getting quick queue unlimited)

Universal Studios (both sides, I should be getting Fast Pass/whatever their system is called…but might not. Is it worth the cost?)

Epcot

Food locations to check out (really excited about this part):

Magic Kingdom

Thank you for all of your help and information that you can provide!

Eric

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start out that some people here (including Robb and Elissa) are way more qualified to offer advice than me, but I'll try to help out the best that I can...

Busch Gardens Tampa (will be getting quick queue unlimited)

Falcon's Fury, Falcon's Fury, Falcon's Fury. Aside from that I'd suggest the Sky Ride of course but it'll be closed in March for b̶u̶d̶g̶e̶t̶ maintenance. Von Roll Sky Ride's need to close twice a year for over a month at a time for maintenance to keep them running smoothly and this is totally not a budget cut at all. Nope... not here.

Otherwise, I of course love Stanley Falls flume. You'll get wet but not soaked. If you want to drown then check out the rapids. I highly suggest the train also, ride it from Nairobi for a great view of the animals. This will be the best way to see some of them with Sky Ride closed for budget. The biggest thing to check out aside from rides are the animal exhibits and shows. I'd set aside a lot of time for those, don't miss the Cheetah presentation.

Quick queue is a great idea for this park but hold off until you get there, also MAKE SURE you ride Kumba in the back row, far seat (closest to the unload platform). Montu is a back seat ride also.

Zambia Smokehouse and Twisted Tails Pretzels. The Food and Wine festival may also be going on, so try a sample of those offerings.

Sea World Orlando (will be getting quick queue unlimited)

You probably won't need quick queue

One Ocean Show and Clyde & Seamore's Sea Lion High (I don't care if you're a show person... it's Sea World). Antarctica is cool but the ride sucks so if it has a long line just use the non rider entrance.

Bands, Brews and BBQ may be going on so check out the BBQ samplers. Also, take a look at the concert lineup if you're interested. Sea World is a chill park, so I highly recommend having a few drinks or listening to some live music across the lake near the Bands, Brews and BBQ area. You'll get the credits done in no time, so they relax and take in the atmosphere.

Universal Studios (both sides, I should be getting Fast Pass Is it worth the cost?)

Yes. Don't get it at Sea World and apply the money to this.

Pretty much everything, but most importantly (in order of importance... and this is counting Gringots as a coaster)

These are the big ones...

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (if you miss this then you suck at life)

Amazing Adventures of Spiderman

Hogwarts Express

Transformers

Aside from those, people would disagree but my personal favorites are

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

Jurassic Park River Adventure

The Simpsons Ride

Men in Black: Alien Attack

ET (for nostalgia)

I recommend checking out a lot of the simulators based on the IPs that you enjoy. They're pretty much all good, Shrek gets some hate but I don't mind it. I haven't ridden Skull Island: Reign of Kong by the way and that might be a "must-ride".

I'm not the best person to answer this question but I thought Moe's Tavern was cool (though the food was forgettable, it's more about the themed experience) and I've heard Mythos is outstanding but I haven't eaten there. Also, get some butterbeer.

Also, keep in mind that eating in City Walk is always an option. I'd recommend Margaitaville but only because I'm a huge Parrothead / Jimmy Buffett fan. This isn't based on quality, it's based on me sipping the Kool Aid. Fins up!

Epcot

No. Stick to the coasters. They're great.

Food locations to check out (really excited about this part):

I'm not qualified to answer this so I won't. I haven't been to Epcot since I was a kid. Hopefully we'll get back soon though.

Magic Kingdom

I'm not the most qualified person for this either, but I'll answer based on personal preference even though it may not always jive with the consensus.

Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Pirates

After that (and the coasters) I think there's a big drop off in quality. I have a MAJOR soft spot for Carousel of Progress but it's 100% based on nostalgia. None of the other dark rides are even close to the level of Pirates or Mansion and going to Universal first might make them seem even more underwhelming but I guess the Little Mermaid one is pretty good and Small World is a nice nostalgia trip. I bring up nostalgia a lot, but this park is a living, breathing nostalgia trip. Peter Pan's Flight isn't worth the insane wait times it gets at all so don't fall for it and Winnie the Pooh is about the same level of quality as a Cedar Fair boo blasters ride.

You won't hear this often but it's my firm belief that almost all of the quick service food at this park sucks. Busch / Sea World / Universal and Epcot are destroying them. If you go the quick service route, go to the Mexican place in Frontierland. People freak out about the Dole Whip in Adventureland so try that too... personally I think it's overhyped but don't let me sway you. Otherwise try to get a reservation at Be our Guest or something...

PS: Go to Fun Spot Orlando. Do it.

Anyway, hopefully that was semi-helpful. As I said, I'm not the most qualified but we make the trip a lot so I figured I'd chime in. Enjoy!!!

Edited by coasterbill

I think Bill did a great job answering your questions and I agree with him on pretty much everything. Just wanted to add in the other now decent place in addition to Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom, Skippers Canteen.

Also, needing all the skip the line passes will really depend on when you go in March. Easter is later this year, but all of Florida is off during March so it certainly won't be dead.

Thank you for all the awesome advice Bill and Elissa! It's really helpful, and I'm looking forward to the trip!

Epcot

No. Stick to the coasters. They're great.

And this....yeah they're pretty extreme...I must always blackout on them because I don't remember them very well.

Anyway, thanks gain for the advice and I'm sure I'll get around to posting some photos at some point!