Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 22: Movie Park Germany (Star Trek: Operation Enterprise)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:45 pm

I would really like to get to this park - some great coasters, flats and beautiful theming.

Thanks for sharing!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby JordyC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:58 am

Efteling (Preview Symbolica) - June 2017

Hello everyone!

Today, Tuesday June 27th 2017, their was the preview for annual pass holders to experience the park's newest dark ride Symbolica before the official opening this Saturday, July 1st. First of all, I would like to thank Efteling for organizing this preview. For the park, it is an excellent way to hold a 'general rehearsal', but it is also a great opportunity to experience Symbolica before everybody else. Also, I want to appologize for the lack op photos. But because Symbolica will only open to the public on Saturday, we were not allowed to make pictures from the ride itself, hence why I only have pictures from the exterior of the ride.

After all the teasing from the park, the amazing Making-Of series, some leaked pictures and videos and knowing that this ride costs 35 million euros, my expactations for Symbolica were pretty much as high as they can get. And you know what, it exceeded all of them! From the moment that you enter the queue from the majestic Palace of Fantasy until you exit the ride, you are in a completely different world. Symbolica just has so much theming everywhere you look, and I really love all the little details. Since it was the preview, we were only allowed to have one ride, but that certainly isn't enough. The ride didn't really feel 7 minutes long, but that's because there's so much to see. And I am sure that this ride will get better everytime you ride it. I heard some people say that they were a bit disappointed by the ride. And I can see why. It is just so big, and there is so much going on and so much to see, that it might feel a bit overwhelming after the first ride. But as I said, I am sure that this ride will get better the more you ride it. But for me, it is the best ride at the park and my new favourite Dark Ride.

**SPOILER ALERT** If you want to be surprised by the wonderful world of Symbolica, then stop reading here!

Symbolica takes you on a 7 minute journey, but the total experience takes much longer. It all starts when you enter the queue, in the beautiful gardens of the Palace of Fantasy. After a wonderful walk through the gardens, you enter the lobby of the Palace. Here you are greeted by lackey O.J. Punctueel, which is the first of many amazing animatronics. He is explaining the house rules of the palace, in preparation for your audience with King Pardulfus. Suddenly Pardoes - the park's mascot - appears on top of the stairs and says "Alle Tovertwinkels" (All Magic Twinkles), after which the stairs magically open and creates a secret doorway towards a stairwell.

After a walk down the stairs, you arrive in the station. You have to choose between three different routes: Tour of Heroes, Tour of Music or Tour of Treasure. The three vehicles, named Fantasy Sailors, will leave at the same time. On my ride, I chose the Tour of Music.

Initially, the three Fantasy Sailors stay together. First, you drive into a dark corridor with flashing candles and blue crystals. On the way to the Observatory - the work room of the old wizard Almar - you pass by a staircase and a treasure chest. Once you arrive in the Observatory, Almar is saying all kind of spells. Suddenly behind him Pardoes appears once again. With his Twinkle Torch in his hands, he says: "Use your imagination!", after which the Fantasy Sailors are enchanted and beautiful stars appear in the sky and on the Fantasy Sailors.

Next, the Fantasy Sailors drive to the Panorama Salon. You first pass by a large painting of a Symbolic landscape at daylight, that is absolutely stunning. Then you drive to the balcony of the palace, overlooking a huge illuminated miniature city. This is the most impressive scene! Seriously, it is just stunning. All the little houses, the rivers, the beautiful butterflies, the gentle breeze; there is just SO MUCH DETAIL! I would ride it again just for that scene alone.

The next room is the botanical garden Botanicum, with magical flowers that open and close. The Fantasy Sailors stop in front of some dark windows. Or that is what it first looked like. It turns out to be an aquarium. A big fish appears and breaks the glass. Water is pouring into the botanical garden, after which Pardoes appears behind a plant and says, "Come here, it's safe!"

Then you enter a six-door hallway. The Fantasy Sailors split up and enter the Music Salon, the Heroes Cabinet or the Treasures Boudoir. Then some objects appear in the mirror. You can use the interactive control panel in the front of the first row to decide what objects you want to see. Next, the Fantasy Sailors take you to the Hidden Fantasy Depot. All Fantasy Sailors drive to somewhere different, depending on the chosen tour. As mentioned before, I had the Tour of Music. Musical instruments starts to play and move, depending on what you touch on the interactive panel.

In the Royal Champagne Stock, the three Fantasy Sailors come back together. Then the Fantasy Sailors take you to a pile of pots and pans in the "Provisie Passage", where the cook Polle appears. He is pushing a large piles of pancakes, which are wobbling back and forth.

In the big Royal Hall, Lachey O.J. Punctueel is waiting for you. "Unfortunately, you are too late for the audience." King Pardulfus and Princess Pardijn are sitting on a large table filled with all kinds of magical delicacies from a 'Hoorn des Overvloeds' (Horn of Abundance). Pardoes is on the table and ignites the chandeliers in the hall with the saying "Illumina Symbolica!" Here you start to dance with the other two Fantasy Sailors. Once again, you can use the control panel in front of you to decide if you want to spin left or right.

The last scene is the "Gallery of the Imaginatives". Here you see a collection of moving paintings by all residents of the palace, such as Pardoes, Almar, Pardulfus, Pardijn, O.J. Punctueel, Polle and the fish from Botanicum. Your photo will also appear in a painting, which was really cool.

Now on to some pictures.

DSC_0867.JPG
I am here at the sneak preview of Symbolica.

DSC_0863.JPG
What is that behind the gates?

DSC_0868.JPG
Here it is, the wonderful Palace of Fantasy.

DSC_0851.JPG
Everything was already set up for the big opening later this week.

DSC_0855.JPG
A sneak peek of the Palace's garden.

DSC_0856.JPG
There are lots of things to read while you are waiting in the queue, and that in 4 different languages.

DSC_0862.JPG
A little back gate to the gardens of the Palace.

DSC_0857.JPG
Yes, even the back side of Symbolica looks great.

DSC_0859.JPG
Where else do you have a waterfall at the back of a dark ride?

DSC_0861.JPG
There are so many little details. I love it!

DSC_0870.JPG
A look at the amazing roof of Symbolica.

DSC_0871.JPG
Some more people waiting to enter the Palace of King Pardulfus.

DSC_0864.JPG
Pagode taking a closer look.

DSC_0854.JPG
I will end this report with this fantastic view.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Red Force - Ferrari Land 10. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise - Movie Park Germany

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany ||Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne ||Efteling || Liseberg

Postby JordyC » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:17 am

Tivoli Gardens - June 2017

Hello everyone!

June 28th and 29th 2017, I went for my first ever time to Copenhagen to visit Tivoli Gardens and Bakken. I spent the first day in Tivoli Gardens, and the second day in Bakken.

On June 28th I visited Tivoli Gardens. This was a park I wanted to visit for a very long time, and especcialy after my visit to Liseberg last year. I don't know why exactly, but there is something about these city parks that I just love. The park is very beautiful with all the gardens (hence why it's called Tivoli Gardens). I did not know what to expect from the queue times, but they weren't bad at all. Most rides had a wait time of 5-10, except for Dæmonen with 15-20 minutes. Overall, I had an amazing time at one of the most beautifully landscaped parks in Europe.

Dæmonen (7,5/10)
This was my first B&M Floorless, and I just loved how compact it is. The elements follow each other so quickly, no time to have a break, and I really liked that. I also liked that you start off with the helix after the lift hill, that's something unique. Also, the zero-G roll is just perfect! The ride was perfectly smooth, but the theming was okay, nothing too special. The area looked nice, but that's pretty much it. In terms of comparing it to the other B&M's I've ridden, Dæmonen is my least favourite. But don't get me wrong, it is still an awesome ride and gets a 7,5/10 from me.

Rutschebanen (7/10)
The fact that this coaster opened in 1914 and is still this awesome just blew my mind. Seriously, Rutschebanen is definitely in my top 10 wooden coasters. The airtime is insane, especially in the back. Also, it was surprisingly smooth. And the mountain that you're going through looks great. I knew this ride would be a blast, but it exceeded my expectations.

During my last ride, we had to stop in the second corner. The brakeman told us there was something wrong with the train in front of us. After 5 minutes, we got green light and continued our ride. Because we proceeded from a standstill, the rest of the ride wasn't that good. But he asked if we wanted to stay seated and go for another ride. And since we are not stupid, of course we said yes. And OMG! That last ride was totally amazing! He barely braked and we just went totally crazy. The airtime was phenomenal, and we were thrown from side to side in the last section. Shout out to that guy, he is fantastic!

Odinexpressen (3/10)
A Mack Powered Coaster that was actually pretty forceful, but it had absolutely no theming. It was pretty smooth, though. But it's just not my kind of ride.

Karavanen (1,5/10)
Your standard Tivoli Coaster (yes, a Tivoli at Tivoli). At least this one has got some theming.

DSC_0873.JPG
Welcome to Tivoli Gardens.

DSC_0874.JPG
First impressions: what a beautiful park.

DSC_0876.JPG
I bet this will look even better at night.

DSC_0877.JPG
Tivoli Gardens is full with beautiful, well.. Gardens.

DSC_0878.JPG
The Star Flyer is the only way you can tell that I am in an amusement park.

DSC_0879.JPG
The big Tivoli stage.

DSC_0880.JPG
You wouldn't say that I am in the most populous city of Denmark.

DSC_0882.JPG
First ride of the day - Rutschebanen!

DSC_0886.JPG
Airtime!

DSC_0893.JPG
It is strictly forbidden to stand up in the cars - except for the brakeman!

DSC_0905.JPG
What a classic, I absolutely loved it!

DSC_0903.JPG
Rutschebanen's mountain in front, Copenhagen in the back.

DSC_0904.JPG
The Brakeman is just chillin' around.

DSC_0883.JPG
Mind your head!

DSC_0891.JPG
There are lots and lots of restaurants at Tivoli.

DSC_0894.JPG
The park's Ferris Wheel.

DSC_0895.JPG
Minen - a fun little interactive dark/boat ride.

DSC_0906.JPG
It had some decent theming, and it was fun!

DSC_0913.JPG
The concert hall of Tivoli.

DSC_0915.JPG
They also have this classic Breakdance. I love these classic rides.

DSC_0919.JPG
Time for a ride on Himmelskibet, Star Flyer in English. (Thanks Google)

DSC_0918.JPG
Amazing views from Copenhagen up there.

DSC_0911.JPG
With its 80 meters (260 ft) tall tower, it's the tallest ride at the park.

DSC_0916.JPG
I wanted to have a night ride on it, but it closed at 22:00 for the fireworks.

DSC_0917.JPG
Anyone fancy a balloon?

DSC_0932.JPG
Next up, Odinexpressen.

DSC_0914.JPG
A closer look at those powering wheels underneath the train.

DSC_0923.JPG
You get 3 laps on it, which is great!

DSC_0924.JPG
I'll never skip a ride on the Bumper Cars.

DSC_0933.JPG
You get a very long cycle on it. Awesome!

DSC_0925.JPG
Astronomen; a beautifully themed flat ride.

DSC_0929.JPG
All the rides at Tivoli just look so pretty.

DSC_0934.JPG
"Life is the most wonderful fairy tale"

DSC_0938.JPG
The China area of the park.

DSC_0939.JPG
Dæmonen, with or without VR.

DSC_0949.JPG
Peeking through the loop.

DSC_0948.JPG
The lift hill it's not that tall, but the station is about 10 meters (30 ft) above the ground.

DSC_0976.JPG
The lights will follow the path of the train at night.

DSC_0963b.jpg
Best zero-G roll I've done!

DSC_0942.JPG
Rollin' towards the station.

DSC_0958.JPG
What a beautiful mess of track.

DSC_0982.JPG
Dæmonen doing its thing.

DSC_0991.JPG
You can choose to ride VR, but only in the 2nd - 4th row. I am not a big fan of it..

DSC_0993.JPG
It's like a mine Dragon Khan.

DSC_0986.JPG
Just cruising around.

DSC_0995.JPG
Just your standard towers, nothing special. Although you get great views of the Gardens and the city.

DSC_0998.JPG
This is quite possibly the most intense ride I have ever done. 5 freakin' G's is a bit too much for me.

DSC_1000.JPG
And if the 5 G's doesn't make you feel sick, the spinning definitely will.

DSC_1001.JPG
Monsunen - an inverted flying carpet.

DSC_1002.JPG
The newest ride of the park - Fata Morgana. The "twirl" sides are definitely the best.

DSC_1004.JPG
They have a Tivoli at Tivoli, how awesome is that.

DSC_1005.JPG
For those Booster Wheel enthusiasts out there.

DSC_1007.JPG
Helix helix helix!

DSC_1017.JPG
What a beautiful park it is.

DSC_1019.JPG
There is a fountain and water show on this lake at night.

DSC_1020.JPG
Floating garden, only at Tivoli Gardens.

DSC_1022.JPG
I love little things like this.

DSC_1025.JPG
A Danish bird, standing on one leg. What a great act!

DSC_1033.JPG
There is a restaurant in that ship.

DSC_1029.JPG
Yes, we are still at Tivoli.

DSC_1032.JPG
They had a garden (of course) with dozens of little fountains like this.

DSC_1036.JPG
Another restaurant. You will not be hungry here.

DSC_1035.JPG
This park is just so relaxing.

DSC_1044.JPG
Anyone in for a bit of Jazz?

DSC_1043.JPG
Did I already mention how beautiful this park is?

DSC_1039.JPG
Nobody has made this shot before.

DSC_1041.JPG
Little boat ride in the front, B&M in the back.

001.jpg
Isn't she pretty?

DSC_1047.JPG
It is time for the fountain show.

DSC_1050.JPG
And there is fire! Fire is always a bonus.

DSC_1056.JPG
Let's have a look at the park during night.

DSC_1063.JPG
Rutschebanen is even better at sunset.

DSC_1059.JPG
Who doesn't love some gorgeous B&M curves?

DSC_1061.JPG
I love Chinese theming.

DSC_1066.JPG
I will end this report with this amazing view.

Thanks for reading. I will soon upload my report from Bakken.
Last edited by JordyC on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:32 am.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Red Force - Ferrari Land 10. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise - Movie Park Germany

Movie Park Germany ||Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne ||Efteling || Liseberg

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 am

This is such a beautiful park. I truly hope I can get to it one day. Great pictures! :lover:

Postby JordyC » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:32 am

Guy T. Koepp wrote:This is such a beautiful park. I truly hope I can get to it one day. Great pictures! :lover:

It surely is a very beautiful park. I hope you will be able to get out there someday! It is very easy to get to, and the park itself is just so relaxing.
Quality Over Quantity

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Ooooh I really want to get back to Tivoli. It's easily one of The Parks in Europe I want to return to.
And of course, the wonderful city of Copenhagen.

Great shots you took. I am always amazed how much "amusement park" they pack into this place,
along with all the wonderful landscaped areas, etc. Everything looks as awesome as it did back
in 2014, my last visit there.

Thanks for sharing your visit there. I :lover: Tivoli.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby JordyC » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Great shots you took. I am always amazed how much "amusement park" they pack into this place,
along with all the wonderful landscaped areas, etc.

Yes, indeed. I felt the same way. It's amazing how they have so many beautiful gardens, and they still find the space for the rides, without losing the "garden feeling".
Quality Over Quantity

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby vfire » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 am

Eftleing and Tivoli are just beautiful parks. Thanks for the trip reports!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:45 am

Tivoli Gardens is a beautiful park, and Rutschebanen is a lot of fun. I haven't been there since they restored the ride's "mountain" setting.

Postby JordyC » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:21 am

vfire wrote:Eftleing and Tivoli are just beautiful parks. Thanks for the trip reports!

They are indeed one of the most beautiful parks in Europe!

cfc wrote:Tivoli Gardens is a beautiful park, and Rutschebanen is a lot of fun. I haven't been there since they restored the ride's "mountain" setting.

I really enjoyed Rutschebanen. It is an awesome ride, especially for its age. And when you have a good brakeman, the airtime is insane!
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!