Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden - September
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby JordyC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 am

Arthur_Seaton wrote:I think I moved away before it went to American Adventure but I'm not entirely sure. I do recall it was tucked away in a forest clearing at Lightwater, though. The loops were the big event as there weren't many other looping coasters in the UK at the time, but the rest of it was just meandering nonsense. Still, we'd marathon it and The Rat as there wasn't much else to do there!

Sounds great! I guess the reason why it seemed to be still pretty popular is because of its double loops. It looks kind of impressive. But luckily, unlike at Lightwater Valley, at Legendia there are other (much better) rides to do! :Pr
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Postby JordyC » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 am

Energylandia (Hyperion) - August 2018

Hello everyone!

From August 7th to August 8th 2018, I went for my first ever time to Poland to visit Legendia and Energylandia. I spent the first part of the first day at Legendia, and the second part of that first day and the entire second day at Energylandia.

On August 7th and 8th, I visited Energylandia. This is probably the fastest growing theme park in the world, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect about this place. Let's just say that I was more than pleasantly surprised. The park is extremely well organised, the staff are very polite and happy, and the most impressive about this park is how clean this place is. It is spotless. Energylandia is also much more beautiful than I would have thought. Almost all the rides are well themed and the buildings all look very nice. The majority of the park's coasters are kids or family coasters, but there are more than enough other rides for the thrill seekers out there. Also, the water park is included in the admission price, which is awesome. I didn't do the water park, but it looked nice and seemed to have a great mix of slides for all ages. The main reason for visiting Energylandia is, of course, Hyperion, their new-for-2018 Intamin Mega Coaster. But the park has much more to offer. Despite Energylandia only being four years old, it is already home to numerous flat rides, dozens of kids rides, some great water rides, a few dark rides and 12 roller coasters (with more planned for 2020, including an RMC).

The first part of the day, it was very hot and sunny (33°C, 92°F). The heat was bearable, because there were water sprinklers everywhere around the park. In the afternoon, clouds were rolling in with lightning storms and rain. Luckily, it wasn't too bad and all the rides stayed open. After a couple hours, the sky cleared and the sun came back out. Despite the unstable weather forecast, the park was still fairly crowded. The queue time for almost all the major rides was around 40-50 minutes. Most of the other rides had a pretty short wait. Because Hyperion is a capacity monster, it had at most a 20-minute line. Speed, the other new-for-2018 coaster had the longest line in the park, topping out at 80 minutes.

One annoying thing about Energylandia was the queue jumping. If you thought the queue jumping in Spain was bad, it is nothing compared to Energylandia's. Seriously, I am not exaggerating when I say that one person was holding a spot in line for a group of at least 5 people. And that didn't happen just once, but multiple times, even in the same queue. I am not the person that wants to make a scene, especially since I was in a foreign country. So I just let it happen, but it was very frustrating, to say the least.

DSC_0137.JPG
Welcome to Energylandia!

Energuś Roller Coaster (4/10)
Energuś is a standard Vekoma Junior coaster. While these are a lot of fun, they don't really do much. It was super smooth, though. Probably the smoothest one I have done. Like most rides at Energylandia, it was nicely themed.

DSC_0152.JPG
Energuś is located right near the entrance of the park.

DSC_0141.JPG
These Vekoma Junior coasters are always quite enjoyable.

DSC_0147.JPG
Energuś is probably one of the smoothest ones of these models.

DSC_0150.JPG
The whole area around the coaster is very well themed.

DSC_0153.JPG
The park also has a splash battle.

DSC_0154.JPG
It is always a lot of fun, especially when it is roasting outside.

DSC_0435.jpg
There are plenty of rides for the kids.

Happy Loops (2/10)
Happy Loops is an SBF Compact Spinning coaster. Despite the spinning (which can be quite forceful if you get the weight right in your car), it doesn't really do much. It also has no theming, which is a rarity at Energylandia.

DSC_0425.JPG
The spinning on these coasters can be quite forceful, but apart from that it doesn't really do much.

DSC_0427.JPG
It is an excellent first coaster for the kids, though.

DSC_0446.jpg
Pyramid is the park's 7D cinema. I am not a huge fan of these type of rides. And I still don't know where they keep getting all these different dimensions from.

Circus Coaster (1/10)
Circus Coaster is quite possibly the most boring coaster in existence. The most exciting part of the ride was the operator high-fiving everyone when passing through the station. It is also one of the few rides at the park that has no theming.

DSC_0441.jpg
The high-fiving with the operator was the highlight of the ride.

DSC_0447.jpg
Most of the rides are well themed at Energylandia, which was something I was not expecting. What a nice surprise!

DSC_0448.jpg
The park has lots of water rides, for the whole family and the smallest ones.

Mars (1.5/10)
Mars is another kiddie coaster at the park. It has a double helix, which made it a bit unique. And again, it was nicely themed.

DSC_0440.jpg
Mars is yet another kiddie coaster.

DSC_0443.jpg
Energylandia also has a booster, which was actually very intense.

DSC_0445.jpg
Space Gun was fun, but nothing too excited. The best part is when they hold you upside down for a couple seconds.

Frutti Loop Coaster (1.5/10)
It is the standard Wacky Worm, nothing special. This one did have some cute theming, though.

DSC_0457.jpg
The final kids coaster to do was the park's Wacky Worm.

DSC_0452.jpg
You can go on a Jeep Safari in Energylandia.

DSC_0449.jpg
Like almost every ride here, it is well themed.

Boomerang (5.5/10)
Boomerang is the third (technically fourth) Family Boomerang I've done, the other ones being Raik and Tweestryd. Boomerang is my least favorite one, but still a very fun ride. Going forwards, you get a bit of floater airtime on the airtime hill over the station, but there is no airtime when you go backwards. The first turn out of the station does have some good forces, but that is pretty much all you get. Boomerang is also a very smooth ride and is fairly well themed.

DSC_0197.JPG
Boomerang, the park's Vekoma Junior Boomerang, was next.

DSC_0195.JPG
I prefer Tweestryd and Raik over this one, but it is still quite a bit of fun.

DSC_0185.JPG
The turn out of the station does have some pretty strong G's.

DSC_0183.JPG
There is a bit of floater airtime on the hill over the station going forwards.

DSC_0450.jpg
Some areas at Energylandia are a bit compact with rides, but other areas are very open and relaxing.

DSC_0460.jpg
The park is beautifiul, though.

Viking Roller Coaster (3.5/10)
Viking is a very weird SBF spinning coaster. First of all, it doesn't have lap bars like a normal spinning coaster. It has over-the-shoulder restraints, which were not comfortable at all. I bashed my head against it on every corner. The second part of the ride, where the car starts to spin, was actually a lot more enjoyable. There was a bit of airtime on the drops, but not as much as on the superior Reverchon versions. The theming was well done, though.

DSC_0184.JPG
Time for a ride on the park's second spinning coaster.

DSC_0206.JPG
Unlike most spinning coasters, this one has over-the-shoulder restraints, which didn't really help for a comfortable ride.

DSC_0203.JPG
You get a bit of airtime on this drop, but not as much as on the Reverchon models.

DSC_0167.JPG
There are lots of little areas like this where the kids (or adults) can play.

DSC_0171.JPG
Even more playgrounds.

DSC_0161.JPG
This double drop log flume might look small, but do not underestimate it like me. It will get you very, very wet.

DSC_0172.JPG
They also have a family rapids ride, which is more like a realxing tour through some scenery. You won't get wet on this one.

DSC_0208.JPG
Tsunami Drop is the park's drop tower.

DSC_0214.JPG
It was actually a lot more forceful than I imagined. Great little ride!

DSC_0213.JPG
Energylandia also has a frisbee ride, called Aztec Swing.

DSC_0226.JPG
These are my favorite kind of flat rides. I really love it.

Roller Coaster Mayan (4.5/10)
Normally I absolutely dislike SLC's, mainly because of the headbanging due to the restraints. Since Mayan has the new Vekoma trains with vests, the ride was actually a lot more enjoyable. It still wasn't a smooth ride, but at least you didn't get of the ride with a headache. The theming was, once again, well done.

DSC_0240.JPG
Time for a ride on the park's SLC.

DSC_0217.JPG
Like every ride here, Mayan was pretty decently themed.

DSC_0243.JPG
I always thought these rides have a fairly good layout, it is just poorly executed.

DSC_0235.JPG
With normal trains, this would be one of the moments where you'd bash your head against the restraints. But thanks to the vests on Mayan, that wasn't an issue at all.

DSC_0268.JPG
Just rollin' around.

DSC_0256.JPG
Anaconda is another water ride at Energylandia.

DSC_0222.JPG
It is probably one of the lesser themed rides at the park.

DSC_0290.JPG
But it will get you soaking wet (not as wet as when you are standing on that bridge, though).

DSC_0278.JPG
The one who cycles the fastest, wins the race. I want one at home!

Formuła (8/10)
After experiencing Lech Coaster the day before, I was really looking forward to riding Formuła. While the ride is still awesome, it is definitely no Lech Coaster. Formuła is very intense, but not as aggressive as Lech Coaster is. The ride is nicely themed and is also very smooth. The trains do have the vest restraints on them, but they weren't really thight on my shoulders. The ride starts with a small left turn into the covered launch track, where after a few seconds you will be launched into the ride's first inversion. The launch does have a good initial kick to it, but it is not as powerful as some of the other LSM launches out there. The first inversion provides some decent hangtime on the top, before you make a very thight left turn with very high positive G's that almost caused me to see grey. What follows is the first of many ejector airtime hills, whereafter you enter a fast paced corkscrew that has a good whip to it. Next, you go into another high-G turn, which is followed by an ejector sideways airtime hill. The final inversion - a corkscrew - isn't as whippy as the first one, but provides a bit of hangtime. To end the ride, you go through an intense overbanked turn, before going through a twisted ejector airtime hill, wherafter you make a right turn into the final ejector hill that leads into the brake run. Formuła really is a great coaster. It ended up being my second favorite coaster at Energylandia.

DSC_0314.JPG
It is my second new generation Vekoma of the trip; Formuła.

DSC_0300.JPG
The launch shoots you into the first inversion, where you get a bit of hangtime.

DSC_0303.JPG
Then you make a quick transition into an intense left turn.

DSC_0320.JPG
This turn almost caused me to see grey.

DSC_0311.JPG
Before you know, you are experiencing one of many ejector airtime hills.

DSC_0337.JPG
Next, you enter a fast paced corkscrew that has an excellent whip to it.

DSC_0328.JPG
Another high-G turn is followed by a sideways ejector airtime hill.

DSC_0326.JPG
Every airtime moment on Formuła is ejector.

DSC_0329.JPG
The final inversion provides a bit of hangtime.

DSC_0308.JPG
Just like Lech Coaster, this ride is also very smooth.

DSC_0313.JPG
The trains look great, too!

DSC_0352.JPG
It is my second favorite coaster at Energylandia.

Dragon Roller Coaster (7/10)
Dragon was probably the biggest surprise of the trip. This coaster is so much fun. The coaster is also very smooth and the pacing throughout the entire ride is excellent. After the lift hill takes you to the tallest point of the ride, you drop down into a tunnel that is full with smoke. The drop has a very good whip to it in near the back of the train. After you clear the tunnel, you go into an overbanked turn that is surprisingly forceful. After a small floater airtime hill, you make a right turn before going through another floater airtime hill. The downwards helix that follows is actually pretty intense. Thereafter, you experience some more floater airtime flying over the station before going through another forceful helix. What follows are a couple more turns before you fly into the brakes in the station. Dragon was actually pretty intense for a family coaster. This mixed with some good airtime moments, makes Dragon one of my favourite family coasters.

DSC_0395.JPG
Next up, it is time for Dragon.

DSC_0372.JPG
The first drop has a surprisingly good whip to it, especially in the back.

DSC_0356.JPG
You drop into a tunnel, which acts as an excellent foot chopper element.

DSC_0359.JPG
The ride is super smooth and it maintains its speed very well.

DSC_0377.JPG
The good forces and airtime makes Dragon one of my favourite family coasters.

DSC_0408.JPG
Some more great theming at Energylandia.

DSC_0400.JPG
The park's other rapids ride is a lot more thrilling and a lot wetter. I would have liked a bit more theming around the ride, though.

Speed (6.5/10)
Speed was my first Intamin Water Coaster. The ride starts like a normal water ride, but then you go up a massive elevator lift that takes you to a height of 50 m (165 ft), which is frighteningly tall. Even more when you see the whole park in front of you. The drop that leads into the first splash doesn't give any airtime, but it seems to last forever. The first splash is more of a visual thing, since nobody gets wet from it. Next, you will travel up an airtime hill that gives a bit of floater airtime. The turns that follow are a bit shaky, but have some mild forces to it. Another floater airtime hill is followed by the ride's big finale - a soaking wet splash. Surprisingly, the ride is wetter in the back, but you will get drenched no matter where you sit. Also, like most other rides, Speed is decently themed.

DSC_0423.JPG
Time for a ride on one of the two new-for-2018 coasters, Speed.

DSC_0422.JPG
The station of the ride is well themed, but that is as far as the theming goes on Speed.

DSC_0461.jpg
This massive elevator lift takes you to a height of 50 m, which is way taller than I expected.

DSC_0387.JPG
The straight drop leads into the first splash, which is more of a visual thing.

DSC_0403.JPG
The turns provide some good forces, but they are a bit shaky.

DSC_0392.JPG
Hands up if you love Speed!

DSC_0420.JPG
Speed will get you soaking wet no matter where you sit.

Hyperion (10/10)
The main reason for visiting Energylandia is without a doubt Hyperion. Ever since the ride was announced, I wanted to visit this place and ride it. It was probably my most anticipated coaster of the year. And oh boy, it did not disappoint one bit. This ride is incredible from start to finish. It ticks all the boxes for me; a phenomenal drop, a massive amount of airtime, quick transitions, open and comfy trains, a smooth ride and excellent theming.

The ride begins when you pull out of the station and make your way up to Hyperion's massive lift hill. After taking in the stunning views from the surrounding area from the top of the hill, you drop down into one of the best drops on any coaster out there. In the back, you really get pulled over and are flying out of your seat the entire way down, before plunging into a tunnel that gives an excellent head chopper effect. What follows might be the greatest ejector airtime moment I have ever experienced. The massive airtime hill causes you to be ejected out of your seat for at least five full seconds - it is insane. Reaching the top of the next hill, you are aggressively thrown out of year seat when you make a quick right twist before diving upside-down towards the ground. You will stay out of your seat the whole way down. This Twist and Dive element might be my favorite part of the ride. Before you know, you are experiencing sideways ejector airtime on a 90 degree turn, whereafter you are again ejected out of your seat on a small airtime hill. The ride then travels up another massive airtime hill, which provides some excellent floater airtime, before you make a massive overbanked turn that provides strong positive forces, even at the top of the overbank. What follows is arguably the most insane part of the ride. You enter a small ejector airtime hill, before experiencing another moment of sideways ejector airtime on a 90 degree turn, that throws you sideways out of your seat. Another high G overbanked turn leads into a fast transition to the left, which violently whips you around once again. A twisted ejector airtime hill throws you again out of your seat, before experiencing one final moment of ejector airtime. The ride ends with a splash down effect that actually gets you wet if you are on the wing seats, whereafter you fly into a floater airtime hill that leads into the brakes.

Hyperion is even better than I expected it to be. It is a very intense and aggressive coaster. The first part of the ride is mainly focused on airtime, despite there being some excellent quick transitions that throw you out of your seat. The second part of the ride is more focused towards the low-to-the-ground turns and fast transitions, but there is also plenty of ejector airtime. The fact that Hyperion's trains are very open and only have lap bars, makes the fast transitions and ejector airtime even better. Overall, Hyperion is a brilliant coaster and worth a trip to Poland just for that. After numerous ride on it, I can safely say that it has dethroned Shambhala and is now my new number one coaster. It is simply stunning.

DSC_1120.JPG
The time is finally here to ride Hyperion.

DSC_1126.JPG
The ride's queue line is very well themed.

DSC_1129.JPG
It is very modern and a bit Sci-Fi, but it works exceptionally well with Hyperion's theme.

DSC_1112.JPG
Your ride starts as you make your way up the massive lift hill.

DSC_0995.JPG
You really get pulled over the top and are flying out of your seat the whole way down.

DSC_1073.JPG
Seriously, this drop is insane. It seems to last forever.

DSC_1020.JPG
After flying through the tunnel, you travel up this massive ejector airtime hill.

DSC_0961.JPG
It might be the greatest airtime moment I have ever experienced.

DSC_0946.JPG
Before you know, you are reaching the top of the next hill.

DSC_0906.JPG
You are violently thrown out of year seat when you make a quick right twist before diving towards the ground.

DSC_0921.JPG
This element might be my favorite part of the ride.

DSC_0923.JPG
After the twist at the top, you dive upside-down back to the ground.

DSC_0944.JPG
Next, you are experiencing sideways ejector airtime on a 90 degree turn, which whips you again out of your seat.

DSC_1037.JPG
Another massive airtime hill provides some excellent floater airtime.

DSC_1040.JPG
The overbanked turn has strong positive forces, even at the top.

DSC_0986.JPG
After a small ejector airtime hill, you experience another moment of sideways ejector airtime.

DSC_1047.JPG
A high-G banked turn follows the sideways airtime moment.

DSC_1089.JPG
A final moment of twisted ejector airtime throws you again out of your seat,

DSC_1105.JPG
The ride ends with a splash effect that will actually get you wet.

DSC_1075.JPG
Hyperion is amazing from start to finish. It has everything I look for in a coaster.

DSC_1036.JPG
Hyperion's drop is one of the best drops on any coaster out there.

DSC_0991.JPG
Because Hyperion's trains are very open and only have lap bars, the fast transitions and ejector airtime are even more crazy.

DSC_1045.JPG
The first part of the ride is mainly focused on ejector airtime, while the second part is more geared towards fast transitions and twisted airtime.

DSC_0952.JPG
Hyperion is one of the most intense and aggressive coasters I have ever done.

DSC_1082.JPG
This ride is unbelievably good that is my new favorite coaster.

DSC_0873.JPG
One last photo of Hyperion to end this report.

So overall, I had a very good time at this park. The main highlight was obviously Hyperion, my new favorite coaster. The other highlights were Formuła and, just in general, experiencing this great park for the first time. The theming of the rides and areas at Energylandia were way better than expected. If this park keeps developing at this pace, both with rides and theming, it will truly become one of the better parks in Europe.

Thanks for reading!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 am

Excellent report! Hyperion looks awesome. In many ways it reminds me of an updated layout of Superman the Ride.

I'll make it there eventually. I'm just not sure when since they keep announcing one great looking ride after another.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Postby JordyC » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:36 pm

^Thanks! I originally planned to visit Energylandia when the new RMC would open in a few years. But Hyperion looked so fantastic, that I just could not wait any longer. Obviously, it is also a bit closer for me than it is for you. Still, it is definitely worth a visit just for Hyperion. And while you are in the area, go ride Lech Coaster too. ;)
Quality Over Quantity

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm

It looks stunning. Glad you got to ride it and it exceeded your expectations!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:22 pm

I'm super jealous, but all is cool. ;) Glad you had a great time, and Hyperion looks beyond AMAZING!!! =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Postby JordyC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:04 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:It looks stunning. Glad you got to ride it and it exceeded your expectations!

Thanks! Hyperion truly blew my expectations out of the water. It is an amazing ride.

ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:I'm super jealous, but all is cool. ;) Glad you had a great time, and Hyperion looks beyond AMAZING!!! =)

Thank you. I had a wonderful time at Energylandia. It has so many different rides, there is something for everyone. Although the highlight clearly was Hyperion.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:38 am

Does anyone know if any of the themeing at this park is based on some sort of local IP? The park really looks great but some of the themeing is so random and specific that I'm just wondering if any of it's based on something I'm not familiar with.

Good to hear the positive review of that Vekoma family suspended coaster, I really like the one at Fun Spot and this model looks like a longer more interactive layout. If this is the same model coming to Dollywood nest year I'm really looking forward to it.

Those Vekoma junior boomerang coasters look like so much fun for kids/families that I'm surprised no parks in America have built one yet. I'd love to see one of those at every Six Flags/Cedar Fair park in America. No idea what one of those costs but it would be a great addition to any park, come on Cedar Fair, buy like 5 of them at once.

Postby viking86 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:49 am

That's awesome to hear that Hyperion lived up to your expectations! I really need to make a weekend trip down to Poland to check out the parks there! =)

Postby JordyC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Does anyone know if any of the themeing at this park is based on some sort of local IP? The park really looks great but some of the themeing is so random and specific that I'm just wondering if any of it's based on something I'm not familiar with.

Good to hear the positive review of that Vekoma family suspended coaster, I really like the one at Fun Spot and this model looks like a longer more interactive layout. If this is the same model coming to Dollywood nest year I'm really looking forward to it.

Those Vekoma junior boomerang coasters look like so much fun for kids/families that I'm surprised no parks in America have built one yet. I'd love to see one of those at every Six Flags/Cedar Fair park in America. No idea what one of those costs but it would be a great addition to any park, come on Cedar Fair, buy like 5 of them at once.

As far as I know, the park isn't based on any IP. They theme their rides and areas very randomly, but original.

The Vekoma SFC was a lot more fun and thrilling than I expected. And it is indeed the same model that is coming to Dollywood next year.

Boomerang at Energylandia cost about 3 million euros to build, so they are relatively cheap rides. There are quite a few junior boomerangs around Europe, but like you said, it would be nice to see one of these in the US.

viking86 wrote:That's awesome to hear that Hyperion lived up to your expectations! I really need to make a weekend trip down to Poland to check out the parks there! =)

A trip to Poland should be on everyone's to-do list, especially since they have two of the best coasters in Europe. I hope you will be able to visit these parks soon!
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!