Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Toverland (Fēnix) - July 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby JordyC » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report!

Abismo really does intrigue me. The lone Skyloop I rode at Skyline was a ton of fun until that stupid vertical lift holding brake caused the restraints to give me a gut punch. By having a full layout, it looks like that painful moment is eliminated and replaced with airtime.

Bummer on Tornado. I was always intrigued by those traditional Intamin inverts since Volcano tracks so well.

Thanks!

The restraints on Abismo aren't the most comfortable out there. They are very bulky, and really pressed down on me at the bottom of the drop. But the extended layout more than made up for this!

I was expecting that Tornado would be a good coaster, but it did not live up to my expectations, at all. Luckily the first part of the ride has some good forces to it, but after the second looping things get real bad real fast.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 203 || Parks: 38

Fēnix || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby indyv » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 am

Great report! Thanks for sharing!
Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Wodan Europa Park 10. OzIris Parc Astérix

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 pm

indyv wrote:Great report! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I love sharing my trips with all of TPR, so I am glad you are enjoying them.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Fēnix || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:34 pm

nice report..

I love this park.. was my first park.. and I love abismo...

waiting to read the warner review .. and I hope you got a ride on stunt fall.. its closed all time..

Postby JordyC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:41 am

CatraBiNAS wrote:nice report..

I love this park.. was my first park.. and I love abismo...

waiting to read the warner review .. and I hope you got a ride on stunt fall.. its closed all time..

Thanks! It's a great park, and Abismo was a lot of fun.

My report from Parque Warner is coming soon. Spoiler alert: I did ride Stunt Fall multiple times, and it was awesome!
Quality Over Quantity

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 am

Grabbing a ride or two on a traditional Intamin Invert is on my list of things to do- sorry to hear that Tornado underwhelmed you.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Postby JordyC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am

Ed Farmer wrote:Grabbing a ride or two on a traditional Intamin Invert is on my list of things to do- sorry to hear that Tornado underwhelmed you.

Tornado was also on my to-do list, because it is a very unique ride. So I was really looking forward to riding my first Intamin inverted coaster, but I just couldn't help it to feel disappointed. If the ride was actually smooth, I would have rated it a lot higher, though.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Great report! I'm very curious as to why Tornado's loop(s) are so overly supported like that.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Postby JordyC » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:31 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Great report! I'm very curious as to why Tornado's loop(s) are so overly supported like that.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. And what makes it even more curious is that the other Intamin SLC in Finland, also called Tornado, only has a couple of simple supports for its loop. It did open two years later though.

Tornado.JPG
Source: RCDB
Quality Over Quantity

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 am

JordyC wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:Grabbing a ride or two on a traditional Intamin Invert is on my list of things to do- sorry to hear that Tornado underwhelmed you.

Tornado was also on my to-do list, because it is a very unique ride. So I was really looking forward to riding my first Intamin inverted coaster, but I just couldn't help it to feel disappointed. If the ride was actually smooth, I would have rated it a lot higher, though.

I was also looking forward to riding it but it was pretty much as I expected (which was nothing special). The one at sarkanniemi looks more interesting.

But nice report! Overall I agree with you on the park, it's pretty fun but not the best one in the area and could use a little more attention.
I actually found abismo's restraints fairly comfortable although they are quite restrictive for lap bars. I thought they held me in the hangtime part without discomfort even though I prefer, lets say.. mack's lap bars.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!