Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 26: Parque Warner Madrid - April 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby FirstDropJay » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:33 am

Great TR! We went to Wintertraum on opening weekend, which was extremely crowded. It still was a fantastic experience, as always. And for anyone still going, make sure to be at Kaiserplatz around nightfall when they switch on the lights. Grateful to have such an amazing park nearby!

You gotta enjoy that first drop, you know.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby JordyC » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 pm

^Thanks! I am glad you had a fantastic time, despite the crowds. That is why I try to avoid weekends as much as possible, because during my visit every single ride was a walk-on.

Wow, I didn't know about that lightshow! It is a shame I missed that.. :( Thanks for sharing the video, though!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 170 || Parks: 33

Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land

Postby JordyC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:06 am

Efteling (Opening Day Python 2.0) - March 2018

Hello everyone!

Today, Saturday March 31th 2018, was the first day the new Python officially openend to the public. In less than three months, Efteling managed to largely rebuild their entire iconic 37-year-old roller coaster - Python. The track and supports between the first drop and the brakes have been completely replaced. The rest of the track has been thoroughly cleaned and there was some maintenance on the lift hill.

Although the layout remained almost unchanged, the area around Python 2.0 did get a totally different look. First, the queue was re-built allowing for a special single riders line. The old onride photo store at the exit has been demolished. Furthermore, the station building has been refurbished and next month a new food stall will open next to the attraction.

Another important change is the arrival of the Boarding Pass. On busy days, like today, guests have to make a reservation to ride Python. They can select a time of their choice via the official Efteling app or at ticket kiosks next to the roller coaster. A limited number of people are able to join the queue every 15 minutes. In this way, the waiting time remains short.

So what are my thoughts?

Well, first of all, I can not stress it enough how much smoother this ride is. It feels like you are floating over the track. When you go down the first drop, you literally feel the moment when the track changes from old to new. Don't get me wrong, you don't feel the specific transition. No, that is perfectly smooth. But you really notice the difference between the smoothness of the old track and the new track. I never thought the old Python was a rough ride anyway, but it was not smooth either. I am going to make a bold statement now and say that Python is the smoothest coaster in the park.

The lift hill takes you to the top much faster as before. With the old Python the climbing seemed to last forever. Now, the chain releases the train in about 20 seconds. The turn and the first drop remained unchanged. The two loopings are just as intense as before and the little airtime hill that follows still provides a nice pop of air. The transition into the double corkscrews was much better designed than before, there is no longer that awkward jolt. The helix at the end is still as forceful as I remember, but now you can actually enjoy it.

Something that has disappointed me a bit, was the lack of theming. I really hoped that they would add some theming here and there. But sadly, the only theming you get is the snake look of the trains.

Final Score: 6/10

As much as I really enjoyed the new Python, it is and will always be a Vekoma double loop and corkscrew coaster. With the old Python, I did not feel the need to ride it everytime I went to the park. But now that the ride is much smoother, I will definitely ride it at least once every visit. I think the goal has been achieved - to preserve the iconic coaster and make it enjoyable for everyone.

Here are some pictures that I took.

DSC_0767.JPG
A bright new entrance for the park's most iconic coaster.

DSC_0779.JPG
The loopings are still as forceful as before, but now you can enjoy them without having to hold on.

DSC_0797.JPG
I am still wondering why they did not re-track the first drop too..

DSC_0799.JPG
Some random people experiencing some serious G's.

DSC_0841.JPG
Some of the supports look really funky.

DSC_0789.JPG
This is a close-up of the transition from the old to the new track.

DSC_0892.JPG
And this is where the new track meets the old one.

DSC_0899.JPG
Python is climbing its lift hill a lot faster than it used to do.

DSC_0903.JPG
An underneath shot of the first drop.

DSC_0822.JPG
Going down into the smoothness!

DSC_0769.JPG
It really is and will always be the icon of the park.

DSC_0877.JPG
The track looks massive, though.

DSC_0878.JPG
You get a nice pop of air here!

DSC_0811.JPG
You no longer have to brace yourself for that awkward transition into Python's corkscrews.

DSC_0795.JPG
It still amazes me how much smoother this ride is now.

DSC_0846.JPG
It is the circle of life!

DSC_0897.JPG
Cruising towards the brakes.

DSC_0836.JPG
I have to admit, I really like the look of Python's trains.

DSC_0868.JPG
You get some decent forces here.

DSC_0871.JPG
In my opinion, it is now the smoothest coaster at Efteling.

DSC_0913.JPG
Another look at Python's famous corkscrews.

DSC_0886.JPG
One last look at Python 2.0.

Thanks for reading!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:50 am

It's good that Efteling was able to extend the life of their old ride (admittedly, not one of my "favorites").

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 am

I like that they left part of the original track so you can see the difference. Who knows, 100 years from now it could have many different track segments!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am

cfc wrote:It's good that Efteling was able to extend the life of their old ride (admittedly, not one of my "favorites").

It isn't one of my favorites either, but now that it is a much smoother ride I actually really enjoy Python for what it is.

PKI Jizzman wrote:I like that they left part of the original track so you can see the difference. Who knows, 100 years from now it could have many different track segments!

Now, that would be something!
You can't only see the difference, you can actually feel it too! ;)
Quality Over Quantity

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby ericthewanderer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 pm

That re-tracking is amazing;too bad it couldn't be done for Steel Phantom or Great Adv.'s GASM.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:12 pm

I hope this catches on and becomes a popular thing to preserve some of the older iconic classics and make them actually enjoyable to ride, like CP's corkscrew and others. Maybe even larger ones like KI's Vortex.
Total: 232 | Steel: 177 | Wooden: 55

Last Coaster Ridden: Mr. Freeze at SFSTL on 9/30/17.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 pm

^Or Magnum. My dream would be for this to be done to that coaster. Magnum XL with new track, transitions, and trains could elevate that ride to a top ten coaster for me.

Postby JordyC » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:32 am

I agree that more parks should do this kind of re-tracking to their older iconic rides. It is a great way to preserve a piece of history and make it actually enjoyable! It is already been done with wooden coasters, so why not with steel coasters too :p
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!