When people ask us why we don't do TPR tours anymore...

...this is exactly why!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: When people ask us why we don't do TPR tours anymore...

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:26 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:This is a "smaller scale" than an entire tour, but I attended the SFDK day of Bay Area Bash two years in a row when it was offered, one year when you and Elissa attended, and one year when someone else led it. While both years we had similar "perks," I can definitely say the experience and overall vibe was better in the year you guys attended.

Yep, this is exactly one of the events I was referring to. Part of me wishes we could do "regional events" without us being there, but then it's sort of not really a "TPR Event" if you know what I mean.

Again, not trying to sound super egotistical, but Elissa and I are the heart & soul of TPR for better or for worse, and without us there I'm not sure it's quite the same. And hey, those people who don't like us, or don't like what we add to an event (and trust me there are MANY who don't) we aren't offended and happy there are other options out there for you!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: When people ask us why we don't do TPR tours anymore...

Postby alilstronger » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 am

robbalvey wrote:
alilstronger wrote:One of the trips I went on had some weather issues so Robb had to come up with a plan the last minute. There were people that complained. I thought he came up with an awesome plan and I think it worked out in everyone's favor because we got to go to Niagara Falls when it was not even part of the trip plus they were able to STILL sneak in the park we had to skip just so we all could get the credits. That was pretty awesome in my opinion.

Yep. I remember that all very clearly. One of the most "interesting" moments of any of our trips because I got the call from the park we were supposed to go to literally MINUTES before we were leaving that the park would not be open that day due to weather.

That whole new itinerary was put together in less than an hour and Garbles did a pretty good job of detailing it out here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1210883#p1210883

What's interesting about that whole unexpected change of events is that we ended up doing MORE on that tour because of it.

However, we still had people bitch and complain to me. I had some people tell me that they simply didn't want to go that day (which was fine) but then they were expecting me to GIVE THEM MONEY to compensate for the park loss. And even after I told them that we would still be hitting the park AND doing MORE, that wasn't good enough.

I had other people tell me we should have just gone to the park anyway so we could have at least gotten pictures from OUTSIDE the park. What? Really? You would have rather us gone to a CLOSED PARK than go do something fairly interesting?!?!?

And I'm sure there were other people that just complained because that is what they like to do.

Again, more reasons why we have taken our tours private. I just simply do not have the patience to put up with people like this anymore.

For what its worth I think you guys did an amazing job. I loved the museum and being able to get a pretty good length of time on the Canadian side of the falls. I can't wait to get myself in a position financially to be able to participate again.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!