TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DLR Hotel questions...

When I go to Disneyland in April I'm staying at one of the resort hotels. Since I grew up in CA this will be the first time I've stayed in one. I was planning on the Paradise Pier Hotel, but now that I look at a map I'm wondering how close it is to the resort. Is it easy to get to and from the parks? ..or does it take a while? Obviously the Grand Californian is the best choice since it's in California Adventure, but I don't know if I can afford it. To those who have been to one or all of the hotels.. what are the pros and cons? ..and what hotel should I stay in?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Benny, the Paradise Pier hotel is perfect. They have their own entrance into DCA and they now have a water slide whcih was part of the recent revamp. Also, you can visit the Disneyland Hotel pool with your key card. But one thing about the DLH pool, kids crap in it every ten minutes and you have to stay out of it for like an hour before you can go back in. Honestly, if you avoid the DLH pool and use your secret entrance into DCA, you should choose Paradise Pier.

Perfect! I was a little worried because the DLR website says the Grand Californian is the only hotel with direct access to the parks and the Paradise Pier looked pretty far away from everything. Out of curiosity.. where does the monorail stop now? Last time I was there California Adventure was nothing more than a parking lot.

Yeah, I'm going to both parks. I was planning to get there Wednesday around 1pm, and stay through closing Friday night. I figure it'll be less crowded during the week. I was a bit bummed they closed so early, but I figure I'll have plenty of time. 9am - 7pm is 10 hours. As much as I love Disneyland.. I think that's about all I can handle. So, I'll have roughly 2 1/2 days to hit both parks.. it should be plenty of time.

What rides in CA Adventure have long lines? I've been to Disneyland so many times that I know a pattern to ride all the big rides in around 4 hours, sometimes some of them twice.

Hate to break it to you, but the PP entrance was closed last summer. The walk still isn't too bad, but it is kinda far. Also, the Monorail location hasn't moved, but it is technically in Downtown Disney, not the Disneyland Hotel.

Still the Paradise Pier Hotel is a good value and probably your best bet. The Grand Californian is nice, but it's too expensive for what it is.

What rides in CA Adventure have long lines? I've been to Disneyland so many times that I know a pattern to ride all the big rides in around 4 hours, sometimes some of them twice.

Probably these in no Particular Order:

Tower of Terror (also known as 'Bad Tower')

CA' Screamin' (even thoughs its a people eating machine!(thats good))

Soarin Over California (not the worlds greatest capacity)

Maliboomer (it can happen...)

Grizzly River Run (not the best loading times)