What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 am

Vortex at Canada's Wonderland. Still fast, really intense and short enough to get the day going.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed May 31, 2017 7:51 am

Home park is Canada's Wonderland.

If I am with my son we will do Backlot Stunt Coaster first as that is the one he REALLY likes, I have no problems with that, in fact it is either that or Thunder Run.
If I am by myself, probably Leviathan.
If I am with tourists from the UK, Wonder Mountain's Guardian.....not because it is the must do ride, but because it has no fastlane and gets too busy later in the day.
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Iron Rattler 7 Leviathan (front row) 8 Phantom's Revenge 9 Millennium Force 10 Manta 11 Saw The ride 12 Mako

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed May 31, 2017 8:56 am

Used to be the Larry/Boldy special at SFGAdv, with El Toro marathons first thing in the morning, but honestly the past few times I've gone I've been beelining it straight for Nitro and marathoning that instead. Don't get me wrong, still love Toro, but if I'm stressed out and I need a relaxing ride, I'd rather do Nitro ten times in a row these days. (And also not have to deal with the at-the-gate bulls*** that they seem to be enforcing this season on the bull.)

As far as Coney Island goes, by virtue of almost always parking in the lot for MCU, my standard first ride ends up being Thunderbolt if I'm by myself, Endeavor if I'm with the kiddo.
That coaster dad [314] and that coaster kiddo [167]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Apollo's Chariot. Wicked Cyclone. Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wild Eagle.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 am

Home park is SFFT.

Usually head to Iron Rattler first and do a couple laps before I continue with the rest of the park.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 am

I call Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando my home parks since I have a combined annual pass for them.

The first ride I usually hit at BGT is Cheetah Hunt when I arrive before opening since it's bound to have a longer line soon after. If I arrive after the park's been open awhile (which is rare), I'll still head that direction but skip CH if the line is more than 20 minutes and head to Montu.

At SWO if I ride anything upon arrival it's Manta. Otherwise I just head to Dolphin Theater to watch their first showing (usually @ 10) and stop by Key West & Dolphin Cove to animal watch on the way. I just like getting the shows out of the way earlier in the day (besides Shamu which I prefer in the evening) so the rest of the day can be done at leisure.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Chasehat » Wed May 31, 2017 11:40 am

My homepark is SFNE and it's always straight to Superman and usually right to the back seat.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance
3. Superman the Ride 4. Maverick
5. Millennium Force 6. Storm Chaser
7. Boulder Dash 8. Wicked Cyclone
9. Fury 325 10. Diamondback

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm

I consider my "Home Park" to be Cedar Point, since that's the park I've grown up going to the most, and have continued going to the most as an adult. Technically, Michigan's Adventure is closer, but... It's Michigan's Adventure... :lol:

At Cedar Point, I honestly don't have a "First Ride", mostly because the situation, and the people I'm going with often determines which ride gets ridden first. If there's a new coaster, then that'll be first, the first time of course. First time I went last year it was Valravn, and first time I go next year, it'll be RMC Streak. More often than not, it seems GateKeeper ends up being first as of late, which wouldn't be my choice, but often tends to be the choice of the people I go with. I think if it were up to me - until next season at least - I would enter at the rear gate, and go to Maverick first, and get a couple of rides in first thing, before the line really gets built up. Plus, it's just a fantastic way to start the day! Next year, I have a feeling that a new ride in Frontier Town will become my go-to first coaster of the day every time! ;)

As far as Michigan's Adventure, that is much simpler. Shivering Timbers is the first ride of the day, every time, no doubt. If I had it my way, it'd be the ONLY ride of the day, honestly! :b

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Wed May 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Silver Dollar City isn't my home park, but it is my most visited park. We usually always do Thunderation first just because everyone likes it. After, my group usually splits with some going to the other coasters and some going to the kids' areas.
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby CanobieFan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 am

My home park is Canobie Lake.

Always hit the Yankee Cannonball first thing.
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby JayTricky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:15 am

Nemesis is the first ride I will go on when in Alton Towers. It really does set up the day perfectly, get your blood pumping, and help beat all the busy lines if you get there on opening. On quieter days you can easily get 3-4 rides in without having to wait.

The only frustrating thing being that having to get the monorail to get to the park entrance, which is quite far from Nemesis - the monorail actually passes the ride. If you are staying in the Alton Towers Hotel or Splash Landings you get to enter via the back entrance which is right next to Nemesis which is great.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!