What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:41 pm

DILinator wrote:If we're talking the park I go to the most, and consider my "home" park, Cedar Point, it varies. I think I probably rode a different ride first just about every time I went this past year. However, predominantly, pre-Valravn MF then Maverick was the order. Post Valravn, it really depends upon how early during passholder preview time I get there. If it's early, I hit Valravn first, as the lines were still pretty manageable.

At the closest park to me, Michigan's Adventure, it's always Shivering Timbers. Early, and often!

Although 3.5 hours from me, we also consider CP our "home park" as that is the park that we visit the most. We normally enter at the Breakers/Soak City entrance so Magnum is usually the first ride that we hit up. Basically because of the nostalgia that it holds (near and dear to my heart)...and the fact that it usually has a short line.

And if it does have a long line, you can always nab your Gemini credit, go grab a beer at Lusty Lil's, whine about the super long line for Maverick and then opt to go power-ride Skyhawk after catching a nice little beer buzz (bonus fun if it's Beer & BBQ time). ;)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Philrad71 wrote:...And if it does have a long line, you can always nab your Gemini credit, go grab a beer at Lusty Lil's, whine about the super long line for Maverick and then opt to go power-ride Skyhawk after catching a nice little beer buzz (bonus fun if it's Beer & BBQ time). ;)

:b me :b Bert

Noted!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby leqant » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Gold Striker at CA Great America for me

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby scottiemon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Magic Mountain:

Depends..if Fu11 Throttle is open when the gates open for Gold Pass members, I do that first because you can usually get 2-4 rides in before there is a line...sometimes not having to go around.

If not, I like to head up to Superman, Escape from Krypton, as that is another opportunity to get some marathoning in. Personal record is 13 times without having to get back in line. :b

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!