What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Location: Prowling through the forest on a beast of a wooden coaster

Re: What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Postby WOFanatic » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:44 pm

For me, I usually ride SteelHawk first at Worlds of Fun. Always a short line and provides a fantastic view.
Favorite Wood Coaster: Outlaw Run
Favorite Steel Coaster: Shockwave (SFOT)
My heart belongs to GCI

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby coasterer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:15 am

At SFOG, the ideal situation for me is for them to open Georgia Scorcher and Georgia Cyclone when they open the gates, and get both in before they drop the rope, after which I'll head to Goliath first then double back to Mindbender and Batman before continuing around the park clockwise.
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Physical » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:07 am

At Dorney, it's almost always Talon. Sometimes I'll do a "back of the park" day and start with Possessed then run loops between Cedar Creek Flyers, Steel Force, Demon Drop, then back to Possessed.

Knoebels, it's /always/ the flyers. Pick up a wristband, then head right over to the Flyers and camp on those for the first 30 minutes.

Great Adventure, is always Toro until it's no longer a walk on.

Hershey is usually "head straight for skyrush and lap it as many times as my thighs can handle"
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 56, Wood: 19, Total: 75, Parks: 9, Favorite Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Skyrush | (Wood) Phoenix, El Toro, Twister (Knoebels) | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby kickflipbacktail » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:54 am

I'll just say it for all 6 of my parks I consider home. I just moved from GA where Carowinds, Dollywood, and SFOG were my home parks to PA (where I grew up) so now Dorney, SFGADV, and Hershey are my home parks again.

Dollywood, Lightning Rod if it's running without fail. If not then Thunderhead.

Carowinds, Fury 325. No questions. Doesn't matter if its the busiest day of the year or totally dead. I need some Giga goodness.

SFOG really depends. This year I bounced around between Blue Hawk first or Goliath first. I did DDD one day just to check out the VR and have not ridden it since. If I wanna switch it up I'll hit Acrophobia first.

Dorney Park, Possessed usually is first just because its my favorite coaster there. The park never has any lines so I'm comfortable bouncing around.

Hershey, Skyrush or Great Bear. Every time I go both get a pretty serious line if it's summer time. From there I hit Farenheit and then bounce around for the rest of the day.

SFGADV, I usually hit Nitro first and then go all the way across the park for Bizarro and El Toro and work my way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it aint broke RMC the hell out of it. If it is broke.... RMC THE HELL OUT OF IT!!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:55 am

coasterer wrote:At SFOG, the ideal situation for me is for them to open Georgia Scorcher and Georgia Cyclone when they open the gates, and get both in before they drop the rope, after which I'll head to Goliath first then double back to Mindbender and Batman before continuing around the park clockwise.

My method exactly except if DDD is open I will hit it once first before Goliath.

Using the method you described, you can basically ride every coaster with no line even on days that end up being very busy.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Steely Dan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Whizzer at SFGAm.

It was the first "big" rollercoaster that I ever rode (at the age of 7 back in '83) and it's still one of my all time favorites to this day.

So I try to hit it first for sentimental reasons, and because the line moves pretty damn slow once it develops any kind of queue.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RaceBoarder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm

At SFGAm, I'm all for Raging Bull at opening... With Goliath & Justice League drawing the crowds, I've been able to get a couple of laps without moving numerous times.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Blatch » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:37 pm

That depends. I usually go for Untamed first in the single-rider line, but if it's early enough in the day and Yankee Cannonball doesn't have a crowd yet, I'll go for that, as I did in my visit early in this past summer.
I said some stupid thing a long time ago and I got banned for it, but I'm sorry.

My home park is the one at Canobie Lake. In other words, Yankee Cannonball is god. :airtime:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:34 am

For me, it's Apollo's Chariot or Tempesto--the former if I'm there on my own, the latter if I'm there with people who haven't ridden Tempesto.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:10 am

When I head to Kings Dominion, it's Volcano.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!