What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

Postby dannyboy13 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Joker hands down.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 pm

I almost always ride Wild One. No reason besides the fact there is never a line and there's some other cool stuff around.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 57 :cry:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Regardless of what park we're visiting, we always seem to mix things up depending on what we're in the mood for.

At Great Adventure we usually end up at Nitro first, but not always. The only time we make a concerted effort to get over there is if it's a cold / windy day during HITP since we sort of feel like we're morally obligated to help them weigh down the trains until they warm up and at the same time we want to make sure we get a ride in if it looks like there's a reasonable chance of a valley ;) .

If we get there right at opening we're more likely to head to Joker to beat the crowds, but just this year alone (in about 10 visits or so), I can think of days where we've started at Batman, Superman (it was opening for the day a few hours late and we saw an opportunity to beat the crowds and walked right on to row 1), Kingda Ka, El Toro, Safari and Skull Mountain (long story) so we really never have much of a strategy.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:Cyclos then Lightning Run to get the slowest queues out of the way first.

That's funny, we're the exact opposite, I do Lightning Run then Cyclos.
Let the Riding begin

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby AJK » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Blue Streak is always the first and last ride. I could ride that all day. Its too bad Maverick is in the same park.
Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Twisted Colossus 3. Millennium Force 4. Tatsu 5. YOLOcoaster
Top 3 Wood: 1. Shivering Timbers 2. Blue Streak 3. Giant Dipper
Home Park: Cedar Point

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SteelForceless » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:11 pm

Talon 2-4 times in the back left seat
Can't decide whether my favorite part of Skyrush is the drop, the first airtime hill, or the moment when you're on the break run and they release the restraints slightly.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby scooterdoug » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:40 pm

dannyboy13 wrote:Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Joker hands down.

Same here. I used to head straight for Superman, but Alan Shilke changed all that. I like to get there before rope drop, then keep in front of the crowds with a brisk walk. This gets me first in line. Since they assign seats, it's the only way to guarantee a front row ride.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:36 pm

For me I try to make it to Raging Bull or Goliath either one is fine. Usually Im with my friend who prefers the "start from the entrance to the back" type person. That sometimes causes an issue...For me I'm going for the biggest and the best and she is going for what ever we first pass up. For me I dont mind the zig zag walking its worth it when getting to the best of the best rides first. Also its good exercise so what can you lose? :lmao:
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Johnlloyd » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Well, I arrive at my home park prior to it opening for the day. My first ride varies each visit as I visit multiple times per season. But, I would say this year it was mostly Skyhawk since it was new for 2016. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Cedar Point - it varies depending on what I'm in the mood for to start my day. In recent years I just make my way towards the back of the park and try to get a few rides on Maverick before the crowds come.

Kings Island - I used to hit the Beast first but now I wait until it's warmed up a bit before I take a few rides. More than likely I'll be at Banshee first thing in the morning and then hit Invertigo while the line is still short.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!