TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I live three hours from it, I'd consider Kennywood my home park considering how many times I've been there and how attached I am to it. That being said, Phantom's Revenge front row and Exterminator are my 1-2 punch.

Still Coaster. This season, I seem to be immediately going there, wait out the queue,

and then come back to find it three times as long, as when I went on it, an hour or so, ago.

Sweet.

IMG_3614.JPG.5f0d6bc25b871d8a58687510edd776ad.JPG

While waiting in the queue, for my Coaster ride.

Not my home park (Wild Waves SUCKS) but the one I go to the most is Knott's, go figure. I've found if I'm in the gate right at opening I can get on Sierra Sidewinder, Silver Bullet, Monty, Supreme Scream and Xcelerator in that order in the first hour. It probably also helps that I almost always go in December. That's when we make our bi-annual trip to see her folks.

I usually make my way to Ravine Flyer II first, if it's a warm day though I will usually go for Thunder River just so I don't hit the longer line later in the day. My wife will usually go for the Sky Ride and she could probably ride it all day.

My wife will usually go for the Sky Ride and she could probably ride it all day.

Better not introduce her to Coasterbill.

For me it would be Baron 1898 at Efteling, Troy at Toverland, Dream Catcher at Bobbejaanland and Pulsar at Walibi Belgium.

Canada's Wonderland

First ride last season was nearly always Vortex. I really enjoy it, and it's definitely my girlfriend's favourite. Also good to start the day, as after riding Behemoth and Leviathan, Vortex can start feeling pretty tame.

This season, we're thinking Behemoth to start. Seriously, shortly after open it might have a 5 minute wait when Leviathan anyway has a 30+ minute wait.

Canada's Wonderland

First ride last season was nearly always Vortex. I really enjoy it, and it's definitely my girlfriend's favourite. Also good to start the day, as after riding Behemoth and Leviathan, Vortex can start feeling pretty tame.

This is why I always work my way up on my first visit to KI each year. Start with Adventure Express or Backlot and work my way up to Diamondback. Later in the year it's right to DB though.

Home park is Canada's Wonderland.

If I am with my son we will do Backlot Stunt Coaster first as that is the one he REALLY likes, I have no problems with that, in fact it is either that or Thunder Run.

If I am by myself, probably Leviathan.

If I am with tourists from the UK, Wonder Mountain's Guardian.....not because it is the must do ride, but because it has no fastlane and gets too busy later in the day.

Used to be the Larry/Boldy special at SFGAdv, with El Toro marathons first thing in the morning, but honestly the past few times I've gone I've been beelining it straight for Nitro and marathoning that instead. Don't get me wrong, still love Toro, but if I'm stressed out and I need a relaxing ride, I'd rather do Nitro ten times in a row these days. (And also not have to deal with the at-the-gate bulls*** that they seem to be enforcing this season on the bull.)

As far as Coney Island goes, by virtue of almost always parking in the lot for MCU, my standard first ride ends up being Thunderbolt if I'm by myself, Endeavor if I'm with the kiddo.

I call Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando my home parks since I have a combined annual pass for them.

The first ride I usually hit at BGT is Cheetah Hunt when I arrive before opening since it's bound to have a longer line soon after. If I arrive after the park's been open awhile (which is rare), I'll still head that direction but skip CH if the line is more than 20 minutes and head to Montu.

At SWO if I ride anything upon arrival it's Manta. Otherwise I just head to Dolphin Theater to watch their first showing (usually @ 10) and stop by Key West & Dolphin Cove to animal watch on the way. I just like getting the shows out of the way earlier in the day (besides Shamu which I prefer in the evening) so the rest of the day can be done at leisure.

I consider my "Home Park" to be Cedar Point, since that's the park I've grown up going to the most, and have continued going to the most as an adult. Technically, Michigan's Adventure is closer, but... It's Michigan's Adventure...

At Cedar Point, I honestly don't have a "First Ride", mostly because the situation, and the people I'm going with often determines which ride gets ridden first. If there's a new coaster, then that'll be first, the first time of course. First time I went last year it was Valravn, and first time I go next year, it'll be RMC Streak. More often than not, it seems GateKeeper ends up being first as of late, which wouldn't be my choice, but often tends to be the choice of the people I go with. I think if it were up to me - until next season at least - I would enter at the rear gate, and go to Maverick first, and get a couple of rides in first thing, before the line really gets built up. Plus, it's just a fantastic way to start the day! Next year, I have a feeling that a new ride in Frontier Town will become my go-to first coaster of the day every time!

As far as Michigan's Adventure, that is much simpler. Shivering Timbers is the first ride of the day, every time, no doubt. If I had it my way, it'd be the ONLY ride of the day, honestly!

Nemesis is the first ride I will go on when in Alton Towers. It really does set up the day perfectly, get your blood pumping, and help beat all the busy lines if you get there on opening. On quieter days you can easily get 3-4 rides in without having to wait.

The only frustrating thing being that having to get the monorail to get to the park entrance, which is quite far from Nemesis - the monorail actually passes the ride. If you are staying in the Alton Towers Hotel or Splash Landings you get to enter via the back entrance which is right next to Nemesis which is great.