Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 31 - Our final days at Tokyo Disney!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby x2isawesome » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Looks like you were all bundled up pretty good. How cold was it and aS usual, I really need to get to Japan.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:11 pm

x2isawesome wrote:Looks like you were all bundled up pretty good. How cold was it and aS usual, I really need to get to Japan.

It got down to the 30s and 40s most nights.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby bert425 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm

wow. . . so crowded, and yet still so gorgeous looking!

someday, someway, I'll make it to Tokyo, but until then will live vicariously thru your trip reports, Robb!

Thanks for sharing y'all's great time!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JaxStrumley » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:57 am

Very nice report! It's amazing to see how well-behaved and polite people are over there!

robbalvey wrote:Tokyo has the classic version of Pirates with the Jack Sparrow upgrade. Please replace this version and all old and outdated versions with the new Shanghai version!

The Shanghai version looks spectacular indeed! Great use of projections and the few animatronics that are there look amazing. In combination with the new boats it makes for a much more action-oriented ride. However, personally I would like to keep the 'classic' versions of Pirates as well; for me a scene filled with animatronics (especially those of Disney quality) has a certain charm that would be hard to emulate with projections.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:34 am

I don't know about changing all of them, but changing the WDW and Tokyo one could definitely be nice. California's is the last ride Walt ever worked on and the Paris version is the best before Shanghai opened from what I've heard. WDW version is just sad and Tokyo version is kind of outdated too. Yes it will cost a lot of money to remodel the old versions since the water channel of the Shanghai version is like 10 ft deep plus 4 sets of tracks, LSM, new boats, wider water area for turns, new videos from Lucas Film etc. But one can dream :angel:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:42 am

^I'm assuming we'll be seeing the Shanghai Pirates system on some other WDW rides soon enough anyways so they won't redo ours.

Seriously though, I don't get impressed by much and I was super impressed by that damn ride!!!!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:30 pm

^ Yes! Something with that system is going to work so well in WDW especially when it eats 3,500 people per hour (Theoretically. It's in China so who am I kidding?)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:07 pm

SharkTums wrote:^I'm assuming we'll be seeing the Shanghai Pirates system on some other WDW rides soon enough anyways

That would be great.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Vigil » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Isn't the Avatar boat ride supposed to be using that technology?

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:36 pm

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I last visited Tokyo and Tokyo Disney. What Robb says about the people, the level of service and once you've experienced it, you get it is absolutely 100% true. It's so far & away apart from the norm in this country that people here just can't seem to fully comprehend it. They don't seem to be able to believe or imagine that a theme park staff or its clientele could be that nice, that efficient, and simply just not terrible BUT IT'S TRUE!

I need to go back and experience it again, especially after commuting in/out of the San Fernando Valley for a few years now. Having done that, going back might be a more startling experience than it was the first time. :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!