Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 31 - Our final days at Tokyo Disney!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby Looty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 am

xstech25 wrote:How was Hair Raiser this time around? When I rode it last year it was by far the roughest B&M I have ever been on, it was like Mean Streak bad, and we were in the front row. I don't know if I got a bad train or something but it was running 1 train so I wouldn't have been able to find out (and wasn't about risk getting my a** kicked again anyway).

I'm wondering the same thing. I visited a few months back and found it to be super shaky and one of the roughest B&M's I have been on. I rode in the front the first time and it shook the hell out of me. I figured I just had a bad ride or something so I rode in the back the next time and it was the same. I was done after two rides as it gave me a terrible headache. Still loved the park, though.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:52 am

Haven't had a chance to sit and read this whole thread til today but its awesome! Thanks for sharing some great photos. Looks like an awesome time.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Pear wrote:Did you get any footage from the powered coaster?

No. I didn't even ride it, sorry!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:25 pm

xstech25 wrote:How was Hair Raiser this time around?

Not smooth. :?r

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Like the photo with Pokemon Go. You get any Farfetch'd while you were there?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby scubaski » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Nice

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:12 am

Looty wrote:
xstech25 wrote:How was Hair Raiser this time around? When I rode it last year it was by far the roughest B&M I have ever been on, it was like Mean Streak bad, and we were in the front row. I don't know if I got a bad train or something but it was running 1 train so I wouldn't have been able to find out (and wasn't about risk getting my a** kicked again anyway).

I'm wondering the same thing. I visited a few months back and found it to be super shaky and one of the roughest B&M's I have been on. I rode in the front the first time and it shook the hell out of me. I figured I just had a bad ride or something so I rode in the back the next time and it was the same. I was done after two rides as it gave me a terrible headache. Still loved the park, though.

Funny you both had that same experience in the front. The grouper also put me in the front on both rides, since it was assigned seating, and I also had a rough experience, not mean streak bad or enough to completely ruin the ride but enough to be noticeable and make me decide to skip another re-ride later in the day, whereas a friend of mine who'd been maybe 3-4 months before hadn't noticed anything.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm

robbalvey wrote:

That's too bad. It was good in 2012.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Could you imagine a 400' star flyer swinging out over the edge of that cliff by the mine train?

Talk about a ride that would literally make me crap my drawers...that would certainly do it.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby zottewoef81 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 am

cfc wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

That's too bad. It was good in 2012.

I think back then a lot had to do with the train being full or nearly empty (more or less weight means more or less friction between the wheels and track). I rode it 2 weeks before you guys did and to me it was the biggest piece of crap B&M ever made. It was even worse than Dragon Kahn back in '08.
During my 2 rides (1 front seat and 1back seat) there was only 1 other guy on the train and it felt that it was riding on cobblestones. It got me a headache for the rest of the day.
I don't know why it's even worse now, but maybe it has something to do with the foundation it's build on ot could it be purely maintenance issues?
Member of the Brussels Black Angels: BAFL's 2017 undefeated, national champions!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!