Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 29 - Tokyo Disney Countdown Party!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Good god how many people were at Universal?? It looked packed as hell. I noticed Universal has that coaster going over the entrance of the park. So I assume they did it before Cedar Point got the Gatekeeper idea?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm

tanthonyam wrote:Good god how many people were at Universal?? It looked packed as hell. I noticed Universal has that coaster going over the entrance of the park. So I assume they did it before Cedar Point got the Gatekeeper idea?

They did, yes. I want to say it opened a few years before Gatekeeper. And while the park was PACKED we had Express passes so our day was manageable. Expensive yet, but it certainly beat waiting in line!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Garet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:38 am

Do you go through a broker to get the express pass that is Japanese only in advance? Or buy them at the park? I never used to have a problem but I've heard conflicting reports that since Harry Potter they could be sold out already and same with Flying Dinosaur 7 while other friends said it was fine. Considering asking the Japanese teacher at my school if we go next year to help me book but I normally don't like doing in advance since would hate to have a rainy day and miss out on Flying Dinosaur.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:45 am

^During busy times all of the express passes are sold out in advance. Even when we have gone during non-busy times at least one or two of the options are sold out in advance. If you have a connection to help you get them in advance, it's worth the money even just as an insurance policy.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 am

Thanks, after I posted I decided to check the site to see what the new books would be like now minions is coming and was pleasantly surprised to see it now lists English travel agencies who are licensed to sell the express passes, that wasn't there before. Probably don't have the time off or finances right now but since it's only an hour flight for me I always keep an eye out in-case of a long weekend. ;)

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!