Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 31 - Our final days at Tokyo Disney!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby sfriday1998 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:27 am

Garet wrote:
Itachi wrote:Nice! I can't wait to see more updates. Asia is really awesome.

I didn't know Nagashima Spaland was open in winter. Are all rides operating?

Asia is awesome. And part of that awesomeness is how many parks here run 365 days a year, even smaller parks. Some rides, especially water rides, will go down for yearly rehabs when the temperatures mean they can't run, but in 6 years of living in Asia I'm still amazed how much is open during freezing cold months.

I went to Tokyo Disney once when a snowstorm passed through, and they had almost 90% of the rides running by 3 P.M. Even better is most people left in the morning due to said storm and lack of rides and it was the best day ever! Walk-ons and no crowds for the shows.

Why can't America do this....
Current coaster count: 60
Top flats (no order): Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (USH), Houdini (SFNE), Guardians of the Galazy (DCA), New England Sky Screamer (SFNE)
Top 10 coasters (no order): Superman TR (SFNE), Wicked Cyclone (SFNE), Tatsu (SFMM), Space Mountain (Disneyland), California Screamin (Disneyland), Twisted Colossus (SFMM), Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Batman TR (SFMM), Batman The Dark Knight (SFNE), Scream (SFMM)
Just living and having a good time
:airtime:

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:37 am

Three things -

That white "christmas tree" in the lobby is awesome! However I thought there was only a miniscule amount of Chinese Christians. Seems odd to me that they'd have that display. In your short time at the resort have you seen more westerners or asians staying at the hotel? That would explain it.

Psy in lollipop form? Creepy but awesome. Oppa eat me style.

The Evil name tag. Please tell me they sell these in the gift shop and I will happily buy one from you.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 am

Theming a bar on the "Pastoral Symphony" segment of Fantasia is perfect.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:19 am

Looks awesome so far!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:07 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Three things -

That white "christmas tree" in the lobby is awesome! However I thought there was only a miniscule amount of Chinese Christians. Seems odd to me that they'd have that display.

Christmas is huge in China. Always has been at least as long as I've been traveling here. There is Christmas stuff all over Shanghai. not just at Disney.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:16 pm

I can't wait to see more updates! =)
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Today was mostly a "sightseeing" and "try to get over your jetlag" day around Shanghai. We did a lap around Disneytown during the day and then headed off for some fun in the city. Oddly enough we actually had some clear skies (for China) during part of the day! Was actually a very nice day hanging out around the downtown area and we even went up into the Shanghai Tower which is now the 2nd tallest building in the world behind Dubai's Burj Khalifa!

Heading into downtown Shanghai!

We are doing some "tea tasting" because... China...

Giant poop or Chinese Tea? You decide...

Chinese garden party today...

I like fish... I. Like. Fish.

Found something educational...

Having some authentic "Chinese Food" today! :)

Found a cool toy store in Shanghai!

Here we are hanging out in Shanghai!

We are about to get really high!

We are so high right now!!!

Time for some actual REAL Chinese Food!

And then back at the hotel we made a stop over at the World of Disney store in Disneytown! Check it out:
The Peeing Log Flume

Here's a log flume where characters pee on you in China! Would you ride this???Video by Martin Lewison

Posted by Theme Park Review on Saturday, September 5, 2015

Click for Part three - Shanghai Disneyland: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1762222#p1762222
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Pear » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:54 pm

I expected there to be a bit more smog in the pictures but that actually looks pretty nice!
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Pear wrote:I expected there to be a bit more smog in the pictures but that actually looks pretty nice!

The Twitter video shows off a bit better what the smog was like, but it was probably one of the clearest days I've ever had in China!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:05 pm

more beautiful pics, and wow, that food looks amazing (I vote poop on the "tea" pic, by the way).

surprised not to hear any recognizable Disney music in the background of the video in the Disney Store.

do they just not blast the music as obnoxiously loud as the stores here in the States do?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!