Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 31 - Our final days at Tokyo Disney!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby viking86 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said.... Tokyo DisneySea looks like an amazing place, and looking at some of the pictures it's difficult to believe that it's actually in a theme park. Definitely a place I would love going to!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:41 pm

kenban wrote:Before California Adventure was built, Disney had two basic designs for a second west coast park, WestCot, and DisneySea which was supposed to be part of a complex called Port Disney. Disney even announced Port Disney would be built in Long Beach, California. Obviously, that never happened. Instead, WestCot which was originally supposed to be a clone of Epcot kept morphing and turned into California Adventure.

Much of the design of Tokyo DisneySea is based on the design for California and is part of the reason why the park has so many unique attractions.

The original park that was supposed to be built in Long Beach also had NO WHERE NEAR the budget of Tokyo DisneySEA. We should be thankful that park never got built.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:25 pm

cfc wrote:
robbalvey wrote:The next day would bring us to Tokyo DisneySEA which is, without a doubt, my favorite theme park in the world!

Absolutely no argument from me! DisneySea is the best.

I'm not even a Disney fan, but agree that DisneySea is the best theme park.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby kenban » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

^^ I completely agree. Disney has this tendency to have amazing ideas then typically start cutting corners and slashing budgets. Just look at the amazing Pooh's Hunny Hunt from Tokyo Disneyland and compare it to the Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland which was built three later. Hunny Hunt is a fantastic example of what Disney could build in 2000 except it cost $130 million, and the other was a waste of $30 million.

Seeing your pictures really makes me want to travel back to Japan. Tokyo DisneySea is my favorite park.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:35 am

I think it got a little over-shadowed in the thread by the Pirates discussion and video, understandably - that ride is the only one I'm really interested in out of all of Shanghai (maybe Tron, Robb's review was a bit higher than some people I know who went and thought it was fun but weren't too bothered about getting re-ride unlike Pirates) and it alone is enough to make me budget to go there in the next few years, but I forgot to say when the HKDL TR was posted how much I adore Mystic Manor.

Although in terms of showing off what you can do with the trackless technology I still think Pooh's disco room with all the cars is my favorite or Aquatopia but as an overall ride, Mystic Manor may be one of my favorite Disney rides I've ever been on (although it's been a while since my last DisneySea trip so maybe I need a refresher on how much I enjoyed Journey and ToT)

Also random question, has anyone on your trips ever been brave enough to try the pufferfish? I always see it when I visit the main part of Osaka but I always end up backing out and using the money for a express pass or planning a side trip to a Yokohama park or Tobu instead.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:10 am

Garet wrote:Also random question, has anyone on your trips ever been brave enough to try the pufferfish? I always see it when I visit the main part of Osaka but I always end up backing out and using the money for a express pass or planning a side trip to a Yokohama park or Tobu instead.

I'm sure someone probably has, but you see, for myself, I actually don't really like fish (other than some sushi that I can drown in Wasabi) so it's not going to be something I'll ever try.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Here's a new White Cyclone 60FPS front seat POV:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm

robbalvey wrote:Here's a new White Cyclone 60FPS front seat POV:

White Cyclone looks like a Japanese version of Mean Streak (but not quite as rough)
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:08 pm

robbalvey wrote:Here's a new White Cyclone 60FPS front seat POV:

Look so innocent here!

Is it smoother than back in 2015?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:35 pm

^No.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!