TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Space World to close after the 2017 season

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

You must remember, S&S has churned out some awful rides recently. Think about Afterburner at Divo Ostrov, and then this. Who is stupid enough to buy these things, I mean seriously, people who run theme parks have a brain. Also, the ride designers have a brain. How come two thing happened. Someone designed this and Afterburner, and secondly, someone super gullible bought them.

Man! They must have an epic sales team.

You must remember, S&S has churned out some awful rides recently. Think about Afterburner at Divo Ostrov, and then this. Who is stupid enough to buy these things, I mean seriously, people who run theme parks have a brain. Also, the ride designers have a brain. How come two thing happened. Someone designed this and Afterburner, and secondly, someone super gullible bought them.

Man! They must have an epic sales team.

Check it out:

^ And yeah, from everything I have been told by S&S is that S&S had very little to do with this coaster. I know for a fact it wasn't designed by them, and I think possibly the only thing that S&S provided was the restraint system. I believe the layout and even the trains were designed and manufactured in Japan, which I'm assuming would be the Sansei arm of the company now.

Ok, But remember, there is also the fact the park still bought it, and my point is still relevant for Afterburner, which is one of the dumbest designs in the last 10 years.

Well the park bought it and requested to have a ride like it, so S&S delivered. I don't really see a problem, the client wanted the product and they delivered it

• 7 months later...

So the closing of Space World has happened and the park decided to name a star after the park.

Also, they decided to strap a crapload of sparklers to one of the Venus GP trains and send it around the track at midnight (skip to 3:30):

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Link:

Ok, so there was actually someone RIDING on that train:

DSXu-6tUEAAoFIu.jpg

Link:

Wow. The very small group of people that had the the front seat on a roller coaster's final ride while the train is engulfed in a fireball is a club I'd like to join, assuming the other members survived.

Sad to see Space World go. Last year, the park felt dead already since it was empty in the middle of the summer, but it certainly has some nice rides. I also liked that the park was in the middle of the city. Not that it felt like a city park, but the higher rides provided some nice views. I hope at least the bigger rides will find a new home.

Still, I can only wish those S&S trains on Titan will be scrapped might the ride find a new place. Some of the worst coaster trains I ever encountered. My manly parts still hurt when I think back to my ride on Titan.