Top/Favorite Hyper Coasters

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Top/Favorite Hyper Coasters

Postby Nitro1118 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am

1) Steel Vengeance
2) Superman: The Ride
3) Skyrush
4) Apollo's Chariot
5) Nitro
6) Magnum
7) Steel Force
8) S:RoS at SFA
9) Raging Bull

I Love Donkeys!

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am

1. Skyrush
2. Superman: The Ride
3. Nitro
4. Steel Force
5. Xcelerator (count it if you want)
6. Steel Eel (again, count it if you consider it a hyper)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:42 am

matthew.sullivan1 wrote:(again, count it if you consider it a hyper)

Literally every coaster ever built is a hypercoaster if you read through this thread, just roll with it.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 am

Superman: Ride of Steel and Nitro.

One day, I'd like to see a B&M Inverted Hypercoaster :) (I know Alpengeist comes close at 195 feet high)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Zand » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am

This thread got me pretty pumped for my Knoebels/CP/Hershey trip next week. Been a long time since I've ridden some of these but here goes...

1. Skyrush
2. Superman (SFNE)
3. Nitro
4. Phantoms Revenge
5. Apollo's Chariot
6. Magnum
7. Superman (SFA&DL)
9. Steel Force

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:09 am

This is sure to piss some people off:
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Raging Bull
3. Mamba
4. Magnum XL-200
5. Valravn
6. Diamondback
7. Wild Thing
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby ripleybl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:40 pm

These are my top 5 traditional hyper coasters. Traditional 200ft-299ft coaster with NO inversions (I've been on 12 total). This list excludes the new breed such as Griffon/Sheikra/Valrvn, Steel Vengeance, X2, etc with inversions or over 299ft

1. Nitro
2. Mako
3. Apollo's Chariot
4. Magnum XL200
5. Intimidator 232

I notice that a lot of you have Apollo's Chariot (so do I) ranked pretty high... Even with all of the newer hypers that have popped up over the years...

Airtime & terrain makes it amazing for me. Do you think because it's a classic and one of the first B&M hypers that makes it ranked so high as well? Thoughts?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:08 pm

ripleybl wrote:I notice that a lot of you have Apollo's Chariot (so do I) ranked pretty high... Even with all of the newer hypers that have popped up over the years...

For me at least, the pre-drop is a major reason why I think so highly of Apollo and Raging Bull. In the last row they absolutely launch you all the way down the drop. It's a ton of fun.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Well after the latest trip, I added:

Apollo
Skyrush
Superman: ROS (SFA)

Rerode for the first time in a while:
Magnum
Goliath (SFOG)

Before the trip, I have enjoyed all of the B&M hypers the same, but Apollo's Chariot is now the only B&M hyper that didn't do much of anything for me. I'm still baffled as to why. It has all the things I love: old school pre drop, great setting/interaction with the terrain, helix, funky twisty bits. Maybe it was because of how ungodly hot/humid it was and the ride is very long. Or the other rides at BGW were more memorable.

Skyrush was arguably the MOST memorable coaster in recent memory I've experienced :lmao:

Superman at SFA was great! I only rode in the front seat because it was a walk on, and although the first big hill and straightbitstraightbitstraightbit leave you puzzled, the sensation of speed and rest of the elements were lots of fun!

I still don't believe in the seatbelt trick so go ahead and throw coat hangers at me or whatever you deem necessary. Seriously, it just puts the clip of the seatbelt right into your middle!

BUT! I found a spot I really like - 5th car middle row. I will be happy riding there for the remainder of my life, it was a fun ride. Still. It would be incredible to ride through that circuit along the lake with a more open style of train (yeah yeah very original idea, I know).

Goliath was just as much fun as I remembered. Intense helix, all that.

Ranking:
I'd like to re-ride all of the hypers I've been on.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!