Maui sands indoor waterpark to be on Hotel impossible

Sandusky Ohio indoor waterpark to be on popular TV show.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Re: Maui sands indoor waterpark to be on Hotel impossible

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 am

djcoastermark wrote:The big question now is, what's the place like today?

Considering that he did almost nothing for them and that the reviews on Tripadvisor suggest widespread insect infestation still, I'm gonna go with "still a dump." They only treated half the hotel for bugs, which given that every area of the hotel had bedbugs means that naturally they were going to come back in time.

It was so bad I wouldn't even step foot in there again. There were bedbugs inside a claw machine on prizes. INSIDE A CLAW MACHINE!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 am

I'm excited to see this episode. Unfortunately, we cut the cable cord months ago. Gonna have to find a way to watch it.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:02 pm

djcoastermark wrote:The big question now is, what's the place like today?

he was talking about being there in December, so they filmed this last year.

my DVR cut off before the end, so didn't get to see the "since Anthony's Visit" bullet points.

but yeah, I wouldn't expect they actually did anything.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 am

I watched the episode as well. The bullet points simply said that half the place was treated for bedbugs and the water is no longer freezing. Big whoop given how bad the infestation was shown to be.
The bedbugs will just march right back to where they were unless the entire place is heat treated. For massive spaces like the big center courtyard, that's an enormous job but it's necessary.

Some recent reviews on TripAdvisor though talk about the place having new ownership and a friendly staff at least. There also seems to be a Public Relations Manager now. Maybe the needed turn around is slowly taking shape, though it needs to be closed down for a few months as Anthony said for it to be done properly.

The whole bedbug infestation and knowing the place still hasn't been properly heat treated for it is enough to keep me away. I'm amazed the place hasn't been forceably shut down until the bedbug problem is completely gone. They wouldn't be allowed to open if the water was found to be contaminated, right? So why are they allowed to open with that kind of infestation still present even after having been demonstrated on national TV? Doesn't seem right.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:13 am

You can watch the episode here...
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x693zwd
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 am

I actually had the pleasure of meeting him a few weeks ago and he discussed this episode at length. He genuinely seems to care for guests and the hotel owners so the complete trainwreck of Maui Sands was clearly vexing for him, and honestly, I can understand why.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby JRice92 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 pm

I've never visited Maui Sands but it's known to be "a dump" living around here and all the locals have known for years the place has bed bugs. Since Kalahari & Great Wolf Lodge indoor water parks are not only nearby, but on the same street within a 10-minute drive in either direction, everybody I know goes to one of those two places for their indoor waterpark needs.

After watching the episode there's no way I'm stepping foot in the door after seeing how terrible it is. I drive pass Maui Sands whenever I go grocery shopping and the parking lot is still always basically empty.
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn/Millennium Force

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

thrillrider wrote:You can watch the episode here...
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x693zwd

Awesome, thanks! That was a fun show.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Why does this place still exist? How does this place still exist?

:omg:

EDIT: I missed the actual posting date of this thread. So - like others, I am wondering, wtf is going on with it, now?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby coasterbill » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:08 pm

I know better than to watch a reality TV show and take everything as gospel but... damn. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!