TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Happy Valley Chongqing Goes Vertical

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out what attracted me to the colors on this ride. Its color combos - particularly on the deliciously evil dragon head - reminds me of the old chalkware carnival prizes. Before "my time," for the most part , but I collect antique dog memorabilia and have a little chalkware Pekingese (1930's) in those colors. It's nice to see some 'off-beat' looking coaster colors.

Alice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to be in the minority, but this looks like one of the weaker wing coasters to me. It's Gatekeeper minus several elements. I think the GCI has a lot more potential. Looks almost like a CCI layout in some ways.

• 1 month later...
Holy Moly. This thing flies round

It nearly flies through the brakes at the end! The front of the train wasn't even slowed down all the way while entering that last turn! This does look like an awesome coaster. GCI is building some crazy stuff in China!

Great video! This thing looks great! In my opinion, it seems better than the other Chinese GCI that opened this year. This one seems to keep its speed much better and have lots more airtime and twisties. Both look great though, and it's nice to see modern, but classic, wooden coasters continue to open with all the new RMC hotness coming out.